Move table to adjacent slot
Its an interesting idea.

But immediately the first thing that pops into my mind is, how do you want to handle overlapping slots?

Take the most simple example:

[Image: kRH1XvQ.png]

If a table is in slot 1, and you want to "Move table into next slot DOWN", should it move to slot 5 or slot 3? Slot 5 is the next closest slot down vertically.

If you say that the table should move to slot 3, then I would imagine to get from 3->4 you would say that "Move table into next slot RIGHT" would be used. Fine, but then how would a table ever get moved into slot #5 ?

Alternatively, if you say it should move to slot 5, then what happens when again you issue a "DOWN" hotkey on the table in slot 5? Does it move to 3 or 4?

This is the most simple of examples, nevermind a more complicated overlapping setup like your current one probably is..

The "Drag and Drop" feature has to face these problems as well. Does that not work for your situation? You can simply drag and drop a table to move it to another slot. As you are dragging, you will see a yellow border upon the slot that is planned for the drop. I would probably just use the same mechanism that I use there to solve the problems I pose above.

Finally, what if there is already a table in the next slot? Should the tables be swapped? Or should the hotkey do nothing?

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Messages In This Thread
Move table to adjacent slot - by DS1 - 08-29-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Move table to adjacent slot - by SaT_Admin - 08-30-2015, 12:07 AM
RE: Move table to adjacent slot - by DS1 - 08-30-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Move table to adjacent slot - by SaT_Admin - 08-30-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Move table to adjacent slot - by DS1 - 09-01-2015, 09:07 AM
RE: Move table to adjacent slot - by SaT_Admin - 09-03-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Move table to adjacent slot - by DS1 - 09-04-2015, 05:17 AM