SaT Not Tiling When Using Stars "All-in" Hotkey + Preset Bet Question(s)
Hello,

Quote:Where/when does it go wrong? What do you expect should happen? Be specific!

When I use the hotkey for all in via pokerstars client. The table will remain stacked, even if I see the flop. This does not seem to occur when using hotkeys that are assigned in the SaT client, or when manually clicking buttons. I expect that when I go all in, SaT should recognize that I've entered the pot, and move the table to the grid as it does with most other (or all) actions/hotkeys.

Quote:Give step by step instructions to re-produce the error.
When it's my turn to act, I click a button on my control pad which sends the keys "shift + A" to the active window. Stars picks this up, and bets all in for me. SaT does not appear to detect any action and will keep the table stacked.

Quote:What Sites does it fail on? What Sites does it work on?
It fails on Stars only. I have not determined any possible way to have a similar hotkey on Bodog, and therefore have been unable to test that out.

Quote:Turn on ALL Notifications in Advanced Options. This should give some hints.
Haven't done this yet since everything seems to work fine except when using Stars all-in hotkey.

Quote:How does your problem differ from what the help pages say?
The problem seems to be very specific to actions performed using the Pokerstars clients built in hotkey system. I have only tested one PS betting hotkey. I have 4 others I could test.

Quote:Run the Test described on this page. What are your results?
I have done this in the past, but haven't done this again, since it seems that tables act appropriately EXCEPT when using the "shift+A" hotkey assigned in Stars is used.

Quote:If you are using 3rd party software such as TableNinja, can you try turning off the other software and see if the problem is still there?
I'm using Table Optimizer for it's HUD only. All hotkey and table management is turned off. I'm also using Tournament Indicator, which is only a HUD for Bodog. I have had all these programs open in the past, which no difficulty. However, I did have SaT set to grid "on action", and haven't tried "on entering pot" or "on the flop" until just now. It seems that the issue would be specific to those modes only, and only using the Pokerstars betting hotkeys.

===================================
Hotkey Questions:

Is there a way I can set up a "bet all-in" hotkey for Bodog? Currently I have to hold the slider button until my bet is maxed, and then click the raise button. I would like to go all in with just one key combination instead of several.

Also, is there a way to move the "bet all in" hotkey function from Stars to SaT? That may well solve my issue.

Thank you kindly for your assistance!
As a temporary measure, I changed the Stars hotkey from "bet/raise all in" to "set bet to all-in", and now while it does take TWO hotkey combos (one to set bet, and one to make the bet) to perform the desired action, the tables do at least pop out as expected.

EDIT: On a side note, perhaps this is a more desirable way to function, since I do occasionally lose focus on the active table and bet all-in mistakenly, either through my fault or the software's.
On further observation, it seems that also calling all in will cause the tables to stay stacked. I think this is only Pokerstars, but I'm not sure.
First, thank you very much for your detailed response. In this case, most of the answers weren't needed, but many times they are. I think you are the first person to actually answer all the questions :thumbsup: Smile

(05-27-2015, 06:27 AM)IceAge Wrote: When I use the hotkey for all in via pokerstars client. The table will remain stacked, even if I see the flop. This does not seem to occur when using hotkeys that are assigned in the SaT client, or when manually clicking buttons. I expect that when I go all in, SaT should recognize that I've entered the pot, and move the table to the grid as it does with most other (or all) actions/hotkeys.

When it's my turn to act, I click a button on my control pad which sends the keys "shift + A" to the active window. Stars picks this up, and bets all in for me. SaT does not appear to detect any action and will keep the table stacked.

Yeah, SaT has no knowledge of your all-in hotkey that is from the Stars client. To tell SaT about that, you would set up an "External VPIP hotkey" matching the same key within SaT.

In SaT, the "Shift" key is actually the plus sign "+". So set up an External VPIP key for +A. You will notice that SaT will automatically add the "~" prefix, which tells SaT to not completely take over this hotkey, but to also pass the key stroke through to other programs.

See here:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/hotkeys

(05-27-2015, 06:27 AM)IceAge Wrote: ===================================
Hotkey Questions:

Is there a way I can set up a "bet all-in" hotkey for Bodog? Currently I have to hold the slider button until my bet is maxed, and then click the raise button. I would like to go all in with just one key combination instead of several.

Also, is there a way to move the "bet all in" hotkey function from Stars to SaT? That may well solve my issue.

I would have suggested using a "Bet x bb" hotkey in SaT. And choose something large like 999999 bb's. But that hotkey doesn't work on Bodog. I will investigate and see if theres anything I can do about that for the future

(05-27-2015, 06:39 AM)IceAge Wrote: As a temporary measure, I changed the Stars hotkey from "bet/raise all in" to "set bet to all-in", and now while it does take TWO hotkey combos (one to set bet, and one to make the bet) to perform the desired action, the tables do at least pop out as expected.

EDIT: On a side note, perhaps this is a more desirable way to function, since I do occasionally lose focus on the active table and bet all-in mistakenly, either through my fault or the software's.

That may be a better way, simply because I always advise players to visually confirm any bets that an external software inputs into the box, BEFORE pressing the bet button. This is just safer imo.

However, if you are losing focus on the active table, you can turn on SaT's "Highlight active window" feature in Advanced Options, to give you a visual guide of which window has focus.

I also usually recommend players simply send the hotkeys to the table underneath the mouse instead of the active table, for this very reason. But I guess if you're on gamepad then thats tough.

(05-27-2015, 11:53 AM)IceAge Wrote: On further observation, it seems that also calling all in will cause the tables to stay stacked. I think this is only Pokerstars, but I'm not sure.

How are you "calling all in" ? Mouse click? Hotkey? If hotkey, which hotkey? SaT's? Stars?
Quote:However, if you are losing focus on the active table, you can turn on SaT's "Highlight active window" feature in Advanced Options, to give you a visual guide of which window has focus.

I do have that enabled, and even widened the border. But nevertheless, the tables sometimes lose focus: to newly opened tables, for example.

Quote:I also usually recommend players simply send the hotkeys to the table underneath the mouse instead of the active table, for this very reason. But I guess if you're on gamepad then thats tough.
Yeah, not really an option since I play with a gamepad. I do have the "activate most urgent table" hotkey enabled, which does alleviate a certain amount of the issue with focus, but definitely not entirely.

Quote:How are you "calling all in" ? Mouse click? Hotkey? If hotkey, which hotkey? SaT's? Stars?
I generally use a hotkey for calling/betting, which is assigned and functioning within SaT.[/quote]

I went ahead and set up an external VPIP key for all in in pokerstars, and it seems to be working so far, in a couple play money tests.
Ah, you know what... I thought I had removed most hotkeys from Pokerstars, but there was one still there. Shift + B for bet/raise. Since calling an all in doesn't always work, sometimes I have to use the "bet/raise hotkey" instead of the "call hotkey".

The "bet/call hotkey" was shown greyed out in the pokerstars client, but surely it was causing issues somehow. "Stealing" the input or something?

Let me play some more and see if things start to work better. On the new tables stealing focus though? It doesn't seem like SaT remembers the proper order of action for tables. I've seen plenty of tables get ignored for "newer" tables Sad
(05-27-2015, 01:13 PM)IceAge Wrote: Ah, you know what... I thought I had removed most hotkeys from Pokerstars, but there was one still there. Shift + B for bet/raise. Since calling an all in doesn't always work, sometimes I have to use the "bet/raise hotkey" instead of the "call hotkey".

The "bet/call hotkey" was shown greyed out in the pokerstars client, but surely it was causing issues somehow. "Stealing" the input or something?

In SaT, the fold/call/bet hotkeys aren't exactly named correctly. Each of those hotkeys will press the 1st/2nd/3rd buttons in order on the table. Now, usually those buttons are fold/call/bet and everything works fine.

However, if I remember correctly, when facing an allin on Stars, the 2nd button is removed, and only the 1st and 3rd buttons are visible. So it looks like: fold/no button/call allin. In that case, you would use SaT's "bet" hotkey to press that 3rd button.

I'm not exactly sure how PokerStars hotkeys work. Maybe its something similar.

(05-27-2015, 01:13 PM)IceAge Wrote: On the new tables stealing focus though? It doesn't seem like SaT remembers the proper order of action for tables. I've seen plenty of tables get ignored for "newer" tables Sad

Unfortunately yes New Tables will steal focus. But what are you saying happens? The focus remains on the New Table and doesn't go back to the table that requires action? You can try using the hotkey to "Activate most urgent table" to try to get the focus back where it should be
(05-27-2015, 12:46 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote: I would have suggested using a "Bet x bb" hotkey in SaT. And choose something large like 999999 bb's. But that hotkey doesn't work on Bodog. I will investigate and see if theres anything I can do about that for the future

Bet x BB hotkey should work for Bodog in v2.80

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 4
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10