high DPI UI
Hey mate, you've built "custom" .exe for high DPI setsups for me before, I had to reinstall right now (the software got corrupted for some reason) but now the link you posted a few months ago doesn't work so I had to install the new version which is too small for 4k.

Instead of building custom high DPI executables wouldn't it be best to add a scaling options into the settings, I've seen many programs where you just have to pick 125%, 150% etc for the UI.
UPDATE:

The reason I reinstalled was because the SnT kept crashing (stuck at loading), I reinstalled it, it didnt work, I uninstalled it completely re-installed it, rebooted and it worked once, but now it crashing again.

Is there a .log I can upload so you can figure out whats wrong? (It started doing it with a previous version, new one does the same).

[Image: 4320c6b1cace7549a4649506635cd0a6.png]
(11-27-2018, 03:59 PM)baalshin Wrote: Hey mate, you've built "custom" .exe for high DPI setsups for me before, I had to reinstall right now (the software got corrupted for some reason) but now the link you posted a few months ago doesn't work so I had to install the new version which is too small for 4k.

Instead of building custom high DPI executables wouldn't it be best to add a scaling options into the settings, I've seen many programs where you just have to pick 125%, 150% etc for the UI.

The highDPI versions automatically scale to the users scaling % in Windows, so nothing needs to be chosen in the settings. This will become default pretty soon, and the user won't have to do anything, but I'm just waiting on a 4k monitor for myself to do some more thorough testing.

In the meantime you can download this version v2.98.02b-highDPI

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Stac...ighDPI.exe

(11-27-2018, 06:07 PM)baalshin Wrote: UPDATE:

The reason I reinstalled was because the SnT kept crashing (stuck at loading), I reinstalled it, it didnt work, I uninstalled it completely re-installed it, rebooted and it worked once, but now it crashing again.

Is there a .log I can upload so you can figure out whats wrong? (It started doing it with a previous version, new one does the same).

[Image: 4320c6b1cace7549a4649506635cd0a6.png]

There is a .log but its only for when the program is already running. That error looks like the program is just hanging with the little "Please Wait" box. Whenever that box is showing, the software is connecting to the website to check for new versions, or to verify license codes, etc. Sometimes the website is either down completely, or overloaded, or sometimes just a connection error that resolves itself. When that box hangs, there is really nothing you can do but just wait it out. Shouldn't be longer than a minute or two, or any cause for real concern. Maybe at that moment the website was down or something. But yes if it cannot connect to verify the license, it won't be able to Start. I haven't figured out a secure way around that
perhaps just a different message something like "connecting to server" to give the user a better idea of what is going on Smile

thx for the high DPI version
Good idea. Will be changed in next version Smile

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10