Bet x bb problem
So, I've finally tried using the "Bet x bb" hotkey. The problem I've encountered is it works erratically - most of the time it doesn't work and sometimes starts working and then not working again, coming and going during play as it pleases. I've been unable to identify a trigger for it to work/not work... Please help!
What site do you have this problem on? Can you test on some other sites and tell me if its different or more/less reliable?
It happens accross all sites simultaneously. When it works, it works in all of them; when it doesn't work, it's on all of them too. The sites are Ongame/FTP/Microgaming/Ipoker.

For a moment it seemed it worked only when my first click over the table was directly the hotkey for Bet x bb, and it didn't work if i happened to select/click the table first, but later this method "stopped" working.
Ok, well first, I apologize because I did not list the sites on the help page that this hotkey supports. It is similar to the Increase/Decrease Bet hotkeys, where it will only work on some sites. I had not added support for OnGame, and for Microgaming it would only work if you specifically added betbox_x_coord and betbox_y_coord settings to the custom site .ini file, and even then it would be questionable, because I don't know how Microgaming displays the blinds in its titlebar. During testing, if I remember correctly, I got it working successfully for Stars, Party, 888, Merge, WinningPoker, FTP, iPoker. I have now updated the Hotkeys help page.

So, that narrows us down to FTP/iPoker. Lets focus on those first to make sure everything is working right.

Realize that this hotkey is dependent upon SaT correctly detecting that a table requires action. The hotkey will only fire in that case, because if the table doesn't require action, then the betbox shouldn't be visible anyway. So you would need to make sure that this Test passes for both of those sites:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...stay-stack

Finally, on FTP and iPoker, SaT has to rely on physically clicking the betbox with the mouse, and then performing some keystrokes to delete the text and then input the new text (better sites like Stars allow me to programmatically send the text which is more reliable, I don't need to click on the betbox at all). I will try to increase the delays that I use and hopefully that may make things more reliable in the next version for these sites.
thanks for your reply.

I want to reinstate that when it does decide to work (usually it works right at the beginning of the session and then starts coming and going), it works across ALL sites - Ongame and Microgaming included - and with just 1 click (I have "focus the betbox when possible" enabled). The problem is that for most of the time it doesn't work and that when it does work, sometimes it inputs the correct amount (i have it on 2.2bb), others it inputs wrong amounts, like min (on Ipoker) and all-in (on FTP) - on the very same betboxes where it had worked correctly just before.

So, I'd say it's not a matter of it not finding its way to the betbox, but of the programming working out completely unstable for me, both in keeping the hotkey actually working throughout the session AND inputing the correct amount.

If it has worked correctly at least once on every site, does it still make sense for me to run tests about detecting the tables that require action?
(10-23-2014, 04:40 AM)rxptyxl Wrote: I want to reinstate that when it does decide to work (usually it works right at the beginning of the session and then starts coming and going), it works across ALL sites - Ongame and Microgaming included - and with just 1 click (I have "focus the betbox when possible" enabled).

The "focus betbox" setting in SaT is probably not doing anything for OnGame and Microgaming. You can turn it off and see. It may be that those sites automatically focus their betboxes themselves.

Then, SaT is simply sending numbers to the table, and since the betbox is focused already, they get the input. However, I wouldn't ever rely on this functionality. You will likely end up with exactly the problem you are describing. SaT doesn't support those sites with this feature, so anything that works is just blind luck, so to speak.

To be honest, when I developed this new hotkey, I hadn't used/tested it in conjuction with the "focus betbox" setting. I'll need to check that.

(10-23-2014, 04:40 AM)rxptyxl Wrote: The problem is that for most of the time it doesn't work and that when it does work, sometimes it inputs the correct amount (i have it on 2.2bb), others it inputs wrong amounts, like min (on Ipoker) and all-in (on FTP) - on the very same betboxes where it had worked correctly just before.

So, I'd say it's not a matter of it not finding its way to the betbox, but of the programming working out completely unstable for me, both in keeping the hotkey actually working throughout the session AND inputing the correct amount.

The wrong amounts is a problem. I was always wary to add these types of hotkeys to SaT. SaT was never meant to be a hotkey program. It was meant simply for table management only. It was designed to be complementary to a bet%pot hotkey program such as TableNinja. Over time, SaT has evolved and more betting features have been added. But I could never guarantee reliability thats why I never wanted to add it to begin with. But more and more people requested it..

(10-23-2014, 04:40 AM)rxptyxl Wrote: If it has worked correctly at least once on every site, does it still make sense for me to run tests about detecting the tables that require action?

Well, for FTP and iPoker only. I completely dismiss those other sites because the feature isn't supposed to work for them anyway. I would like to debug the problems on FTP and iPoker. Yes it may be necessary to still run the Test linked, because, the fact that you are using the "focus betbox" setting as well, means that it could just also be blind luck that its working on those two sites also. Honestly, the Test doesn't take very long, and it should be something that you do whenever you question that SaT isn't working properly.

Does the new version 2.73 help any?
Well, if you're including any kind of functionality on a paid software I'd expect it to work 100% properly and if it's sort of in beta-testing stage I think you should always make the 'issues' very clear. That said, I very much appreciate your effort to cope with users' requests.

Would it be possible to program this feature by importing the blind value either from Holdem Manager/PT4 or from the hand history files?

Just ran the tests - SaT is detecting tables requiring action on all sites and version 2.73 didn't change anything about what's happening. I'll just quit using this feature for now, then.

Can you please tell me how to find out the betbox coordinates for microgaming?
(10-25-2014, 08:00 PM)rxptyxl Wrote: Well, if you're including any kind of functionality on a paid software I'd expect it to work 100% properly and if it's sort of in beta-testing stage I think you should always make the 'issues' very clear. That said, I very much appreciate your effort to cope with users' requests.

I agree with you. That is why I'm always hesitant to add any new features. I always have to consider how stable and reliable they will be. Some people just want anything but there needs to be a lot of testing to ensure that it works and also that it doesn't break other functionality of the software. To be honest, this feature could probably be removed because of exactly that, or perhaps add a note in the software.

The Increase/Decrease bet hotkeys have similar limitations, in that they only work for some sites and not all. The sites that they work on are listed on the Hotkeys help page. Before the "Bet x bb" hotkeys were introduced, users had to either use those hotkeys, or use the BetSizeX hotkeys.

Quote:Would it be possible to program this feature by importing the blind value either from Holdem Manager/PT4 or from the hand history files?

The only reason to do that, would be if SaT is unable to get the correct blind values from the table titles. I don't think that is the problem you described on FTP and iPoker. My guess is that the problem has to do with sending the input to the betbox.

Quote:Just ran the tests - SaT is detecting tables requiring action on all sites and version 2.73 didn't change anything about what's happening. I'll just quit using this feature for now, then.

Ok fair enough. I guess I would recommend that as well. Is it easy for you to reproduce the problem? As in, does it happen often, right from the start? If so, you can email me and maybe we can organize a time where I can take a look over screen share.

Quote:Can you please tell me how to find out the betbox coordinates for microgaming?

Hrmm. You would need to check at your existing Microgaming custom site .ini config file, which is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\StackAndTile\Sites\. Then you'd need to look at the table size (width/height) that you used to create that config file, which would be listed as the top two settings in the file. Then I suppose you'd need to resize a Microgaming table to that size, and then take a screenshot by clicking on the table and pressing ALT + PRINTSCREEN. Then open up MSPaint and paste the screenshot. Then move your mouse to the betbox and see what coordinate it is. Then add that coordinate to your config file by adding the settings: betbox_x_coord and betbox_y_coord
I believe the problem you were having here, is the same problem that was reported in this other thread:
http://www.stackandtile.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=938

Should be fixed in v2.75
(01-13-2015, 03:50 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: I believe the problem you were having here, is the same problem that was reported in this other thread:
http://www.stackandtile.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=938

Should be fixed in v2.75

ok cool, i'll let you know how it works for me.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10