StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Built-in configs problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I came back to playing with SAT after a year break and I had to create custom configs for some of the sites again. I'm playing on 5 sites currently: PokerStars, FullTilt, PartyPoker, 888 and iPoker (NetBet). I use only two built-in configs: FullTilt and 888. Below I will try to explain why built-in configs for the rest aren't working for me.

1. PokerStarsBlack

Problem: Hand history jumping into the grid.

My solution: "table_include_title_text=Blinds"

I imagine there are reasons for not using it in built-in config, as this perhaps could cause problem for other users. For me built-in config as it is now would be quite tilting to use because of that.

Other small thing that is not optimal for me with this config is location of Fold Button. I like to be able to mark "Fold" in advance, but not "Check/Fold". I know that there is advance option for this, but it unfortunately include "Check/Fold". Same goes for 888 (it marks "fold to any bet" and I would prefer just "fold"). This is small thing that I would get used to though. Hand history thing is the only major problem here.

2. PartyPoker

Problem: Registration to new tournament window jumps to grid. Close tournament window (when it asks "are you sure") jumps to grid.

My solution: "table_include_title_text=Buy-in"

3. iPoker (NetBet)

Problem: Buttons color same as background color. Wrong table resize.

I know that advice here is to use mod or change iPoker skin, but I don't want to do that right now. I have found workaround for this problem and it is working fine. I believe that NetBet has to be custom config to work at the moment.

My custom config doesn't fix resize problem. I will explain it in details in other thread.
Thanks for the detailed report.

(04-28-2015, 11:29 PM)SavantDream Wrote: [ -> ]1. PokerStarsBlack

Problem: Hand history jumping into the grid.

My solution: "table_include_title_text=Blinds"

Do you mean the Replayer window or the Hand History window? I have a fix for the next version already for the Replayer. The HH window shouldn't be doing this..

Your solution will only work for tournament tables I believe.

(04-28-2015, 11:29 PM)SavantDream Wrote: [ -> ]Other small thing that is not optimal for me with this config is location of Fold Button. I like to be able to mark "Fold" in advance, but not "Check/Fold". I know that there is advance option for this, but it unfortunately include "Check/Fold". Same goes for 888 (it marks "fold to any bet" and I would prefer just "fold"). This is small thing that I would get used to though. Hand history thing is the only major problem here.

Also in the next version, I had planned on changing Stars to use the "Fold to Any" box as well, in order for it to work in all scenarios (Fold and Check/Fold). You're saying you don't want it to click the Check/Fold? Why not?

(04-28-2015, 11:29 PM)SavantDream Wrote: [ -> ]2. PartyPoker

Problem: Registration to new tournament window jumps to grid. Close tournament window (when it asks "are you sure") jumps to grid.

My solution: "table_include_title_text=Buy-in"

Can you take a screenshot of the popup windows that you are talking about? I can't reproduce it.

The built-in PartyPokerModern site looks for $ or /, so if either of those characters are present then maybe it would happen. Your solution would fail for cash game tables because when you need to choose the buy in amount to sit with, the title of that popup is labelled "Buy-in"

(04-28-2015, 11:29 PM)SavantDream Wrote: [ -> ]3. iPoker (NetBet)

Problem: Buttons color same as background color. Wrong table resize.

I know that advice here is to use mod or change iPoker skin, but I don't want to do that right now. I have found workaround for this problem and it is working fine. I believe that NetBet has to be custom config to work at the moment.

My custom config doesn't fix resize problem. I will explain it in details in other thread.

How did you get around the problem of same color buttons with your custom config?
Quote:Do you mean the Replayer window or the Hand History window? I have a fix for the next version already for the Replayer. The HH window shouldn't be doing this..

My bad, I meant Replayer window. If next version will fix it, I will use built-in config for PS.

Quote:Also in the next version, I had planned on changing Stars to use the "Fold to Any" box as well, in order for it to work in all scenarios (Fold and Check/Fold). You're saying you don't want it to click the Check/Fold? Why not?

I don't like to snap check behind while being big blind preflop to some limp for example. I'm already using "stack" hotkey though, so I will use it instead of right click in these cases.

Quote:Can you take a screenshot of the popup windows that you are talking about? I can't reproduce it.

http://i.imgur.com/FSgwdym.png - left is registration to new tournament and right is close table pop-up.

http://i.imgur.com/8IsNjfj.png

1. Close table pop-up
2. Table window
3. Registration to new tournament

This is why I have used include "Buy-in".

Quote:How did you get around the problem of same color buttons with your custom config?

http://i.imgur.com/lafs5Mo.png

I have placed call button and call button region in the red square (this is my preferred seat, I don't use iPoker default). Action button is "call". As you can see on the screenshot, this area is flashing whenever there is decision to make. It is working almost perfect this way. Only small problem is that in about 5% of the situations after fold it will jump back to grid (that will only happen when folded exactly at the beginning of the blue action flash, as it lasts for about a second).
(04-29-2015, 11:11 PM)SavantDream Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Also in the next version, I had planned on changing Stars to use the "Fold to Any" box as well, in order for it to work in all scenarios (Fold and Check/Fold). You're saying you don't want it to click the Check/Fold? Why not?

I don't like to snap check behind while being big blind preflop to some limp for example. I'm already using "stack" hotkey though, so I will use it instead of right click in these cases.

Alright. I'll see what I can do about this.

Quote:Can you take a screenshot of the popup windows that you are talking about? I can't reproduce it.

http://i.imgur.com/FSgwdym.png - left is registration to new tournament and right is close table pop-up.

http://i.imgur.com/8IsNjfj.png

1. Close table pop-up
2. Table window
3. Registration to new tournament

This is why I have used include "Buy-in".

Perfect thanks. I'll try to fix this for the next version.

Quote:How did you get around the problem of same color buttons with your custom config?

http://i.imgur.com/lafs5Mo.png

I have placed call button and call button region in the red square (this is my preferred seat, I don't use iPoker default). Action button is "call". As you can see on the screenshot, this area is flashing whenever there is decision to make. It is working almost perfect this way. Only small problem is that in about 5% of the situations after fold it will jump back to grid (that will only happen when folded exactly at the beginning of the blue action flash, as it lasts for about a second).

Gotcha, I remember you saying this before. I guess that should work but you won't have access to the Call hotkey.

Another thing you could try if you wanted to try the built-in site, is to use the line color_variation=0 in your layout config file, this means that no variation is allowed, so unless the button is the exact same dark gray as the table background, then it shouldn't get detected as requiring action.
(04-29-2015, 11:11 PM)SavantDream Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like to snap check behind while being big blind preflop to some limp for example. I'm already using "stack" hotkey though, so I will use it instead of right click in these cases.

If you're not planning on Folding, then why would you use a "Fold" hotkey in these instances? And how does the "Stack" hotkey change things?
Stars and Party issues should be fixed in v 2.78. See the CHANGELOG post
Quote:Stars and Party issues should be fixed in v 2.78. See the CHANGELOG post

Thanks. I played test session yesterday and everything worked fine. No wrong detections.

Quote:If you're not planning on Folding, then why would you use a "Fold" hotkey in these instances? And how does the "Stack" hotkey change things?

This is a problem when:

1. I'm playing a lot of tables.
2. I just played hand from UTG.

I always leave table in grid after playing a hand and I right click it ("fold and stack" hotkey) only when I got dealt new cards that I don't want to play. I prefer to just send table to stack when on the big blind, without selecting "check/fold". Using right click for that was just faster, but this isn't big problem as I'm already using "stack" hotkey in other situations.
(05-04-2015, 11:29 PM)SavantDream Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If you're not planning on Folding, then why would you use a "Fold" hotkey in these instances? And how does the "Stack" hotkey change things?

This is a problem when:

1. I'm playing a lot of tables.
2. I just played hand from UTG.

I always leave table in grid after playing a hand and I right click it ("fold and stack" hotkey) only when I got dealt new cards that I don't want to play. I prefer to just send table to stack when on the big blind, without selecting "check/fold". Using right click for that was just faster, but this isn't big problem as I'm already using "stack" hotkey in other situations.

Very clear, thanks. You can turn off the "Fold to any" click in Advanced Options, and then it should just click the "Fold" checkbox
I will just bump this thread, because my new problem is related to my custom iPoker config described here.

Quote:http://i.imgur.com/lafs5Mo.png

This config works good in stack and tile playmode, but I have problem with it in stack only playmode. When there are 2 iPoker tables requiring action, tables will just cycle on top of the stack. This is because the action button region is flashing every second.

Is there any workaround for this? I have never tried to make stack only layout before and so I don't know any options that could be useful here.
(05-09-2016, 07:40 AM)SavantDream Wrote: [ -> ]I will just bump this thread, because my new problem is related to my custom iPoker config described here.

Quote:http://i.imgur.com/lafs5Mo.png

This config works good in stack and tile playmode, but I have problem with it in stack only playmode. When there are 2 iPoker tables requiring action, tables will just cycle on top of the stack. This is because the action button region is flashing every second.

Is there any workaround for this? I have never tried to make stack only layout before and so I don't know any options that could be useful here.

There is no workaround that I can think of. Maybe if that blue borcer around your avatar image doesn't blink, then you could use a coordinate on the side border where it would intersect with the black table padding. Otherwise I don't know how you could handle this. Hasn't your iPoker skin upgraded to the new client software yet?
Pages: 1 2