StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Winamax/Stars problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aurevoir847

Hi,

I guess I'll give troubleshooting a shot before exterminating the sub right away.

Here's my situation:

ATM I mainly play on Winamax, adding some Mercury Stars.eu/fr tables at the side.
Having included these without problems and testing some on play tables, I started my normal grind. I tried both stack and tile and tiled. Quickly i stumbled upon a multitude of problems:

- The entered hotkeys didn't work.
- The tables were not all the same size (between ps and wina i mean).
- The tables didn't cycle to the top all the time. Often i saw 'an orange flash' in the taskbar, indicating the need for action. Only when I clicked it, they would come up. Sometimes when I would do that, it would come up for a millisecond only to be cycled down right away, making it impossible to play the hand without.
- When action is required on one of the tables, it draws the attention right to it, making it impossible to do other things at the same time.

(ps have SAT running as ADMIN and clicked off the 'enable active table popup' on Winamax)

Right now it's very obvious I can't play with SAT. I hope you can point me towards a solution.
Thanks in advance!
(05-26-2015, 12:01 AM)Aurevoir847 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I guess I'll give troubleshooting a shot before exterminating the sub right away.

Here's my situation:

ATM I mainly play on Winamax, adding some Mercury Stars.eu/fr tables at the side.
Having included these without problems and testing some on play tables, I started my normal grind. I tried both stack and tile and tiled. Quickly i stumbled upon a multitude of problems:

- The entered hotkeys didn't work.

What hotkeys didn't work? All of them? Does a simple "Stack table" hotkey work to move the table from a grid slot back to the stack?

(05-26-2015, 12:01 AM)Aurevoir847 Wrote: [ -> ]- The tables were not all the same size (between ps and wina i mean).
This is a common problem with Winamax. See this help page to understand this, and also for a potential solution (creating a new layout size)
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/inc...able-sizes

(05-26-2015, 12:01 AM)Aurevoir847 Wrote: [ -> ]- The tables didn't cycle to the top all the time. Often i saw 'an orange flash' in the taskbar, indicating the need for action. Only when I clicked it, they would come up. Sometimes when I would do that, it would come up for a millisecond only to be cycled down right away, making it impossible to play the hand without.

What 'Move to Grid' setting are you using? From the sound of it, it seems SaT thinks another table needs action, which is why it popped another table to the top, even when you clicked in the taskbar on a different table. You would want to make sure that SaT is correctly detecting when action is required on all sites. See this Test:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...ncorrectly

(05-26-2015, 12:01 AM)Aurevoir847 Wrote: [ -> ]- When action is required on one of the tables, it draws the attention right to it, making it impossible to do other things at the same time.

Impossible to do what other things? You can try turning off the first checkbox in Advanced Options, so that SaT will not "Activate/focus table when action is required"

Thank you for your quick answer.
App i was mistaken; not all hotkeys are disfunctioning. I had set up only F1-3 for fold/call/check, and only F1 doesn't work. I tried to add fold + stack to F4, but that didn't work neither. Call + stack does however call, so something to do with folding?

Creating a new layout size was to no avail, but I can live with that.

Move to grid setting has always been 'when action required'.

The test seems to have gone well (with 3 tables of 2 different sites). I will try later today when i have more tables up.

Impossible to do whatever pretty much. Was most hampered by not being able to type though. After turning off the first checkbox it works again, thanks!

So a partial problem with the hotkeys and (possibly) the tables not popping up at the right time remains.
(05-26-2015, 08:42 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your quick answer.
App i was mistaken; not all hotkeys are disfunctioning. I had set up only F1-3 for fold/call/check, and only F1 doesn't work. I tried to add fold + stack to F4, but that didn't work neither. Call + stack does however call, so something to do with folding?

Ok. Does the Fold hotkey fail on both sites, Winamax and Stars? Or does it work on one of them?

(05-26-2015, 08:42 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Creating a new layout size was to no avail, but I can live with that.

As suggested on the link, if you create a new layout, you will want to use a Winamax table as the base size for your grid slot, when it asks you to press F7. Then Include your sites, and the Stars tables will try to resize to the Winamax size. I thought I tested this in the past and it worked. But if you don't mind, then thats fine.

(05-26-2015, 08:42 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Move to grid setting has always been 'when action required'.

The test seems to have gone well (with 3 tables of 2 different sites). I will try later today when i have more tables up.

The Test should be run with only 1 table. But as long as you can follow the problem with more tables, then thats ok. If you are using "Move to Grid = When action required", then tables don't really "pop up", but instead they move out of the stack and into the grid. Is that what you mean when you say they aren't "popping up at the right time"? They are supposed to move to grid when its your turn to act. The Test replicates that scenario exactly. If its working incorrectly, what time ARE they moving to grid? Is it when the advance action checkboxes are visible? Is it at some other consistent time?

You can also turn on all of the Notifications in Advanced Options which may help you see whats happening and when

Hi guess I'll give solving this another shot.

- The fold button fails on stars (might have sth to do that F1 is the standard fold hotkey on Winamax).
- I guess I should retract my words from before: stack and tile (the mode) in test/during play didn't work well at all. (Most of) The tables stayed in the grind, instead of amassing in the stack and only popping out to grid when action was required. From time to time the tables switched places, this was however not necessarily always from Grid -> stack or from stack -> Grid.
Me saying they 'weren't popping up at the time' meant that one table of the stacked tables (either in grid or stack) wouldn't come up at all when clicked on and would hover back to a low position in the stack hierarchy.

Sorry if my words don't always make sense. It's fairly hard for me to describe this visual and actiondriven process effectively.
(05-30-2015, 09:45 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guess I'll give solving this another shot.

- The fold button fails on stars (might have sth to do that F1 is the standard fold hotkey on Winamax).

Are you sure you've set up "Fold" within SaT to "F1" ?

You can click on File->Current Layout and paste me your full config and I can see if your settings look correct.

(05-30-2015, 09:45 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]- I guess I should retract my words from before: stack and tile (the mode) in test/during play didn't work well at all. (Most of) The tables stayed in the grind, instead of amassing in the stack and only popping out to grid when action was required. From time to time the tables switched places, this was however not necessarily always from Grid -> stack or from stack -> Grid.
Me saying they 'weren't popping up at the time' meant that one table of the stacked tables (either in grid or stack) wouldn't come up at all when clicked on and would hover back to a low position in the stack hierarchy.

Sorry if my words don't always make sense. It's fairly hard for me to describe this visual and actiondriven process effectively.

Yeah I understand it can be hard to describe what is happening. That is why I suggested running this Test from this page:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...ncorrectly

Watch the video on that page and you can see as I try to fix a problem. You would only use 1 table at a time so its easy to see what should be happening. Make sure it works good for different scenarios. Then try 1 table from the other site. Let me know the results