StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Glitchy graphics on Pokerstars tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
I bought a new pc few days ago and this happened to me in 3 out of 4 sessions. I play mttsngs on stars with a mix of mtts on 888 and Winamax, and the 'error' always happened after 1,5-2,5hrs of play.

facts:
1) I always had SaT on, i didnt have config from my old pc (i had config for Pokerstars settings tho)
2) After the second time, i reinstalled PS, and didnt use the config from old computer. I also installed DirectX. No help
3) Its only on pokerstars tables
4) It goes away if i restart Pokerstars
5) Today I played only mttsngs on stars and the problem did not occur

Could you at least tell me where the problem is or where it isnt? Thanks a lot
Hrmmm strange. My first guess would be for you to make sure you have the correct or updated video graphics drivers. SaT does scan the graphics of all the tables, to determine when its your turn to act. So maybe thats why this only happens with SaT on. I have a few questions too:

1. What version of Windows are you on? If you just bought a new I would expect Win 7 or Win 8. But from the looks of it, you're on WinXP or Win2000? On those old versions of Windows, SaT has to use "PW" Scan Mode (in advanced options) because that is all that is supported. But this is more CPU intensive. Newer versions of Windows support "DWM" Scan Mode which is way better performance and reliability wise.

2. If SaT is on, why isn't SaT resizing the table back to your grid slot size? You shouldn't be able to resize the table with your mouse, as you are doing in the video, because SaT should attempt to resize the table back to the correct size for your grid layout.
the drivers are up to date (25/5/2015)

1. win 7, its just old scheme because im used to it, i dont like Aero. Is that the cause of the problem?

2. the video was recorded at the end of the 2nd session, where i had my last 2 tables so i didnt had SaT on

i think its something with the combo winamax + SaT + Pokerstars. It works fine for a while even thou the winamax tables are slightly larger. Last session i played only on PS and everything was fine
(06-24-2015, 02:01 AM)nervous_laugh Wrote: [ -> ]1. win 7, its just old scheme because im used to it, i dont like Aero. Is that the cause of the problem?

It could be. What "Scan Mode" are you using in Advanced Options? I think "BB" is the most glitchy. But "PW" has been known to cause some flickering on Party. I usually recommend "DWM" but that does require Aero.

I would request that you turn on Aero in Windows and then change the Scan Mode to "DWM" just to see if that fixes it.
had it on PW, gonna try DMW w Aero in 20hrs .) thanks a lot

another Q: SaT and Apple computers?
(06-24-2015, 07:15 AM)nervous_laugh Wrote: [ -> ]had it on PW, gonna try DMW w Aero in 20hrs .) thanks a lot
Ok let me know

(06-24-2015, 07:15 AM)nervous_laugh Wrote: [ -> ]another Q: SaT and Apple computers?

SaT only runs on Windows, so you'll need to do whatever you do to run Windows on a Mac. Usually that means a dual boot via BootCamp, or virtualization software such as VMWare/Parallels/Virtualbox