StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Cursor Trap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Trent

When I'm playing a bunch of tables, sometimes, maybe 2 or 3 times a day. I'll accidentally click the maximize button on a Winamax table. When I do this the table maximizes, then is sized back down to normal. But then SaT tries to get the table resized right but my cursor because trapped in the corner of the table. I try to control+atl+delete and everything but as soon as I'm back on the desktop the cursor is still stuck in the corner. The only way I can get out of it is to manually shut down my computer with the power button. This is obviously a complete disaster. It's costed me money over the last two weeks and it's also caused my Stars settings file to be corrupted (from having to manually shut down comp) which was a massive pain in the ass to fix.
What version of Windows are you on?

I'm sorry about this. SaT needs to keep the tables a consistent size so that it can scan for the colors of the Fold button, otherwise the table would never be detected as needing action and you would miss your turn to act, which could also be a big problem if you get dealt a big hand late in a tournament, or are in the middle of a big pot.

There is a built-in hotkey that you can use to auto-quit SaT, which is preferable than shutting down your entire computer. The hotkey is CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + Q. Please try maximizing one table and testing this hotkey.

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/aut...tch-hotkey

^Do that first, and let me know if the hotkey works to quit out of SaT.

Then, afterwards, you can try this. Download and install this Test build. Confirm the version number. Then try to Maximize a table, and see if SaT handles it correctly and resizes and releases the mouse cursor without you needing to quit. Get it here:

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Stac..._Setup.exe

Trent

I'm on a bootlegged version of Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro. When I had my laptop plugged into my monitor and keyboard and this happened again I did the ctrl + alt + shift + Q hotkey and it worked. But, today I was playing on just my laptop and the cursor got trapped again and the hotkey didn't work. I am on MacBook so I had to use the fn key to get to alt so maybe that's why it didn't work. So I had to shut down my comp and my settings were corrupted again.

I just downloaded the test build you linked and tried Winamax on my laptop and maximized the talbe. It succeeded in getting it resized and not trapping the cursor. So, hopefully we're good to go. Although I was 1-tabling on Winamax at the time, not 10+ tabling across a few sites like normal. So we'll see. I'll post if it happens again, thanks for the help.
(08-07-2015, 10:03 AM)Trent Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on a bootlegged version of Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro. When I had my laptop plugged into my monitor and keyboard and this happened again I did the ctrl + alt + shift + Q hotkey and it worked. But, today I was playing on just my laptop and the cursor got trapped again and the hotkey didn't work. I am on MacBook so I had to use the fn key to get to alt so maybe that's why it didn't work. So I had to shut down my comp and my settings were corrupted again.

Ah yes, if you can't send Alt with your Mac then thats probably why it didn't work

(08-07-2015, 10:03 AM)Trent Wrote: [ -> ]I just downloaded the test build you linked and tried Winamax on my laptop and maximized the talbe. It succeeded in getting it resized and not trapping the cursor. So, hopefully we're good to go. Although I was 1-tabling on Winamax at the time, not 10+ tabling across a few sites like normal. So we'll see. I'll post if it happens again, thanks for the help.

Its a good sign that maybe its fixed. Hopefully it will work now
Tables no longer allowed to be minimized or maximized in v 2.82

no name

I have the same problem, the test build doesn't work. It happens to me on every site i play because the tables always have to be resized after being opened. The cursor just flickers in the bottom left corner. trl + alt + shift + Q does not work either so its pretty hard to quit the thing. Just bought this thing a couple days ago. It worked at first but not anymore.

no name

Looks like re adding the site fixed it because I changed table sizes by editing the config file
(09-27-2015, 05:42 AM)no name Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like re adding the site fixed it because I changed table sizes by editing the config file

Yeah, you should pretty much never do that for this reason. Always best to just create a new layout if you want to change grid slot size