StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Bet Button Keys stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Love the product! You have done a great job with it and I am already feeling a greater edge so thank you for creating this! Shy

I had something that came up though which took away from that edge.Confused

In the middle of my session, on WPN, my bet hotkeys stopped working mid session. However other hotkeys such as "keep table in grid" and "stack table" hotkeys did continue to work, and the stack-n-tile main feature continued to work just fine.

Are there any known causes/solutions to this issue?

I am going to try and create some backup hotkeys to also use in case these ones stop again mid session. However, I am not sure that will work, because it is potentially the actual command to click each bet button is somehow being interrupted or corrupted.

I should point out that this is not a consistent issue, if i turn off the machine and start up again and change nothing, the buttons will work just fine. Its just really hard when hotkeys go out of commision mid-session, I always end up betting min a few times b4 i realize whats going on.

Anyway thank you for your time and let me know if ther is anything else you need from me.
Exactly which hotkeys are failing? "Bet"? "Bet x BB"? "BetSizeX"? Did they fail on ALL Winning tables or just specific tables?

If its the "Bet x BB", then perhaps it has to do with a certain blind level that SaT cannot read. Are you playing tournaments or cash?

If you are mistakenly betting minimum, then I assume you are using the advanced option to also "Click bet for BetSizeX / Bet x BB" hotkeys. I don't usually recommend using that option for this exact reason. Its always better to be able to visually confirm the amount, and then simply send a hotkey for "Bet"
Exact buttons that are failing are
Betsize 2, betsize 3 and betsize 4.

the bet x, which i use for allin, works just fine at 999,999

I agreee that the "press bet when using bet x" could be problematic, so I dont use that, I keep those commands seperate for this.

I only mistakenly bet minimum, BECAUSE the betsize keys work for 2 hours, then suddenly stop working... so i press them, and then press "BET" hotkey. I am a human, so its pretty easy to get into a rhythm, and then stay in that rhythm, click hotkey "betsize 2", then click "bet" faster than i can notice something is wrong. Once I have this happen 1 or 2 times on the grind, i just stop using those hotkeys.

Any reason why these buttons stop working mid session?
Gotcha. Makes perfect sense about the rhythm thing.

Its strange that the BetSize2,3,4 would start failing mid session. When they fail, do they ever start working again? Do they fail on ALL winning tables? Or just certain tables?

Without further information, my only guess is that perhaps the buttons were DISABLED on the table. Like, sometimes those buttons will say 2x,3x,4x,5x preflop. But if someone makes a huge raise, then those buttons will get disabled. So you press your hotkey, SaT tries to click the button. But the button doesn't respond. And therefore the betbox doesn't change.
they go out completely on all wpn tables.

for the record, the last two sessions were all good.

It cant be that hotkeys were disabled for the table i bleieve, cuz other hotkeys still worked.

when it works... they calculate pot correctly ... when it does not work ,they dont even work if action is checked to me
(09-01-2015, 08:39 AM)DS1 Wrote: [ -> ]they go out completely on all wpn tables.

Hrmmmm very weird

(09-01-2015, 08:39 AM)DS1 Wrote: [ -> ]for the record, the last two sessions were all good.

Well thats good. Next time it happens, see if you can notice any more information

(09-01-2015, 08:39 AM)DS1 Wrote: [ -> ]It cant be that hotkeys were disabled for the table i bleieve, cuz other hotkeys still worked.

You misunderstand me. I don't mean that the SaT hotkeys are disabled. I mean that the buttons on the table are disabled. But maybe that never happens on WPN so its not an issue

(09-01-2015, 08:39 AM)DS1 Wrote: [ -> ]when it works... they calculate pot correctly ... when it does not work ,they dont even work if action is checked to me

The BetSize hotkeys don't calculate anything. All they do is click these buttons:
http://imgur.com/eQYiGdD

Keep an eye out and see if you can notice anything else that you think may be helpful
Oh i see... OK ill keep an eye out for potential variables that are small and I don't notice without looking for them. im sure its something weird like that
OK so it happened again I am not sure why...
I stopped SaT to try and fix some hot keys and saw hat they were already set, ended up not changing anything and went back to try the hotkeys I had... (for moving table to slot x) I tried a few combiations of those and nothing wrong... then the bet keys stopped working.

THE FIX- I found a fix, I simply loaded up a different SaT layout (with the same hotkeys, not sure if this is necessary) and all keys worked again. I went back to my initial layout where the keys failed, and they were working again! GREAT!
Next time it happens, try this: simply press Stop and Start and see if the hotkeys works again