StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Low Memory - Bovada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue with low memory on Bovada. The current system worked for months before an update about a month ago. Now my CPU wants to shut down programs to conserve memory and it doesn't happen when S&T is not on. Any clues?
(09-11-2015, 04:36 AM)markmax33 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue with low memory on Bovada. The current system worked for months before an update about a month ago. Now my CPU wants to shut down programs to conserve memory and it doesn't happen when S&T is not on. Any clues?

A Bovada update broke it? Or an SaT update?

I don't see any recent changes in SaT to the built-in "BovadaBodog" site that would cause anything like this.

So if you play the same # of tables with SaT off, your computer is fine?
I have isolated the issue to S&T. I am a programmer so I have some more clues that might help you. I was on version 2.79 which I downloaded 5/17 and then I upgraded to 2.81 on 8/25. I think I upgraded because I was experiencing this memory issue and having crashes most likely after a Bovada update. They did a big update of the software around that time. I think that I saw a message during the install that said switch from PW mode to DWM mode in the advanced settings for increased performance. I did that and it did help the performance some but still if I have a browser open I get memory issues and messages from the computer. Whatever prompted you to add that message in the 2.81 install I think is still the culprit. I don't see it on the changelog though.
That message has been in the software for a long time. Basically, SaT checks what Windows theme you are running. Scan Mode "DWM" only works when you are running an Aero theme in Windows 7 or Vista (on Win 8+, Aero is always on and can't be turned off). So SaT detects if Aero is on and alerts you appropriately.

What probably happened is that, earlier you were not using an Aero theme in Windows, and so by default, SaT chose the "PW" scan mode to scan your tables. You must have turned on Aero at the same time you were upgrading, if you say you only saw that message after the new install of 2.81.

You can download the old version 2.79 and verify this. Change your Windows theme by turning Aero on and off with different Scan Modes and you'll see SaT prompt you.
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/StackAnd...up-279.exe

All that said, "PW" scan mode uses more memory than "DWM". However, perhaps turning on Aero in Windows has caused an increased load on your computer and maybe thats contributing. So, you could try turning off Aero theme in Windows, and then reverting back to "PW" scan mode, and see if that helps any.
I went back and checked my desktop theme and it said "other" somehow. I put it back to Aero and it appears to be more stable. Thanks!
Ok good to know