StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Friend in need
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

My friend messaged me on Facebook and is having some major problems with Stack and Tile and he asked me to post this:

"Basically I have a long list of issues with stack and tile, but cant post about them because however many times I ask for an activation code I'm not sent one, and they have no ways of getting in touch with them (contact us sends me to their forum).

If you could pleaaaase post re: this (state my username is Gil3000), perhaps bring up my issues that 888 and party poker seem to try to give me seizures when grinding as they flash so I have to ignore these. On top of this the other night I was grinding and my screen was flashing like mad, I couldn't click on my 2nd monitor as it sent it wild. Coincidentally I was in a pot that would have won me $400, but the screen was going so mental for my full timebank (1 minute) I couldnt click anywhere on the screen, watching myself slowly time all the way out with aces. Also cost me more money in the future due to having no timebank left on my remaining tables.
I already pay over the odds for this software, on the basis of it working and it not costing me money. In fact I presumed it was my monitor messing up until I asked a friend, who also uses stack and tile, who had exactly the same problem last night (occured to me 2 nights ago)."

Hopefully you can help him out!
Cheers
(12-08-2015, 05:49 AM)epitomised Wrote: [ -> ]"Basically I have a long list of issues with stack and tile, but cant post about them because however many times I ask for an activation code I'm not sent one, and they have no ways of getting in touch with them (contact us sends me to their forum).

Ok first, check your spam box or something, maybe the forum activation email is going there. But you don't even need to register to post on the forum. You can just post as a guest. Angel

(12-08-2015, 05:49 AM)epitomised Wrote: [ -> ]aase post re: this (state my username is Gil3000), perhaps bring up my issues that 888 and party poker seem to try to give me seizures when grinding as they flash so I have to ignore these. On top of this the other night I was grinding and my screen was flashing like mad, I couldn't click on my 2nd monitor as it sent it wild. Coincidentally I was in a pot that would have won me $400, but the screen was going so mental for my full timebank (1 minute) I couldnt click anywhere on the screen, watching myself slowly time all the way out with aces. Also cost me more money in the future due to having no timebank left on my remaining tables.
I already pay over the odds for this software, on the basis of it working and it not costing me money. In fact I presumed it was my monitor messing up until I asked a friend, who also uses stack and tile, who had exactly the same problem last night (occured to me 2 nights ago)."

I don't know what it means for the screen to "flash". If you can describe the problem better maybe I can diagnose it

When did this problem start? After v2.83? There were some changes to v2.83 that would affect you if your grid slots overlap.

I have created a test build of the software. Please download this:

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Stac..._Setup.exe

Install it and click the About tab and check that it says v2.83f

Then test and see if the problem is fixed or not

If your grid slots don't overlap, then this new build likely won't change anything and we'll need to debug this further

Gil3000_

Thanks, now tried that and seems to be working much better. My slots do overlap.

The more concerning matter is when my screens were going black and coming back, then messing up again not allowing me to click. In the space of a minute this cost me $400, and cost me further due to not having a timebank (timed out with Aces as I reconnected trying to sort my monitor out and get tables back to where they were before the crash). As my friend had the same problem (He was 3 handed when it happened to him on a FT) I don't see this can be one of and feel very hard done by, considering the amount of money it instantly lit on fire for me.
(12-09-2015, 03:44 AM)Gil3000_ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, now tried that and seems to be working much better. My slots do overlap.

The more concerning matter is when my screens were going black and coming back, then messing up again not allowing me to click. In the space of a minute this cost me $400, and cost me further due to not having a timebank (timed out with Aces as I reconnected trying to sort my monitor out and get tables back to where they were before the crash). As my friend had the same problem (He was 3 handed when it happened to him on a FT)

So is it all fixed now in this test build v2.83f ?
Can you tell your friend to try it too and let me know?

(12-09-2015, 03:44 AM)Gil3000_ Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see this can be one of and feel very hard done by, considering the amount of money it instantly lit on fire for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Gil3000_

Will let my friend know. It's fixed and hopefully won't have that issue again but only time will tell as there was no warning of it suddenly messing up my monitors.

I meant that obviously this isn't a one off issue or something that is specific to my computer, I feel like some sort of compensation is in order considering the amount of money lost due to this.
(12-09-2015, 09:27 AM)Gil3000_ Wrote: [ -> ]Will let my friend know. It's fixed and hopefully won't have that issue again but only time will tell as there was no warning of it suddenly messing up my monitors.

Ok. Please let me know if you see issues with this new test version

(12-09-2015, 09:27 AM)Gil3000_ Wrote: [ -> ]I meant that obviously this isn't a one off issue or something that is specific to my computer, I feel like some sort of compensation is in order considering the amount of money lost due to this.

I am very sorry for your loss. Believe me, I don't want bugs in the software. I want only happy customers.

I don't take this stuff lightly. But at the same time, the end user license agreement specifically states that you use the software at your own risk and that I can't be held liable for this kind of stuff. If I could, then almost all software developers would quit programming immediately, since any potential bug could be grounds for a lawsuit.

With that said, what do you think is fair? I am not opposed to something reasonable. What are you looking to get in compensation? Please email support(at)stackandtile(dot)com and we can talk about this further