StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Tournaments on Titan in free mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi

I remember posting about this topic in a thread a while ago but I cant seem to find it.

I know in the site section in the help it says it wont work and from what I remember it was a problem with detecting the stakes/buy in. But if I use the diagnostic it returs this and I would guess it shouldnt be to hard to find the table stakes from this? 

title=[Double Or Nothing (€0.10) - 10/20 - 866608600],class=[PTIODEVICE]
Yes, for this specific tournament, I could get the stakes by simply looking inside the parenthesis.

But the problem is getting the stakes reliably for all tournaments. iPoker doesn't use any standard format. That is the problem. Other sites keep it consistent.

Sometimes the tournament titles look like this:

"Turbo" $10 NLH Double Up - 100/200 - 815955256
Maui "Jackpot Sit N Go" - 5/10 - 815955435
$500 Guaranteed R/A - 350/700 - 815953814 Ante 100

The first is a $10 buyin. The second has no buyin showing at all. The third has no buy-in, but the stakes may incorrectly be detected as a $500 buyin if not done carefully.

Ok so that's the problem, well not to surprising.

Thinking freely here, wouldnt it be possible to search for a dollar/euro etc sign and run a logical search for stakes smaller than X and then SaT only pick up the table if both are true?
(12-10-2015, 03:54 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking freely here, wouldnt it be possible to search for a dollar/euro etc sign and run a logical search for stakes smaller than X and then SaT only pick up the table if both are true?

That would work to allow a minor subset of tables. The third table above would fail, even if it were a truly $0.01 buyin.

But the bigger problem is that it would fail for actual paying Small Stakes customers. If that 2nd or 3rd table above is a $5 buyin, then the table MUST be allowed under their paid subscription. Using your suggestion, the table would fail.

I am not too concerned about the free version. Obviously paying customers will always get priority in all concerns of devoting development time. If there were an easy way, I would do it. I suggest you email iPoker and ask them to use a consistent format like other pokersites.

Sure I understand paying customers take precedence.

I just thought it might be possible to only add this solution to the free mode but I am not an expert coder or anything.
Perhaps in the future this will be possible, I am thinking about how to extend the table detection features