StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Hotkeys with mouse dont work on Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am having some issues with the hotkeys not working at all for my mouse on Windows 10. I have checked and buttons on the mouse do work as they do click the corresponding letters. When I set for example F to be fold and stack and I click the keyboards stroke it works. Now when I make my mouse Xbutton be F. The stack andtile hotkey does not register. 

Even though when I turn of stck and tile and spam it it writes the letter F. Yes I have tried setting the Xbutton 1 and Xbutton 2 on the mouse to be hotkeys via the interface for bet and stack and fold, however none of it seems to work. I did not have this issue before as I have been using the same mouse Logitech mouse brand for years and been a SAT member for at-least 2 if not more. I have not played poker for a few months so I am not sure which update broke it, but I can't revert back since the older versions won't work for the new Bovada software.

Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated.
(02-04-2016, 12:57 PM)IMightBluff Wrote: [ -> ]I am having some issues with the hotkeys not working at all for my mouse on Windows 10. I have checked and buttons on the mouse do work as they do click the corresponding letters. When I set for example F to be fold and stack and I click the keyboards stroke it works. Now when I make my mouse Xbutton be F. The stack andtile hotkey does not register. Even though when I turn of stck and tile and spam it it writes the letter F.

How are you making XButton be F? Is that within the Logitech driver software?

(02-04-2016, 12:57 PM)IMightBluff Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I have tried setting the Xbutton 1 and Xbutton 2 on the mouse to be hotkeys via the interface for bet and stack and fold, however none of it seems to work.

So, if you try to assign XButton1 as a hotkey directly within SaT, that fails too?

(02-04-2016, 12:57 PM)IMightBluff Wrote: [ -> ]I have not played poker for a few months so I am not sure which update broke it

When you played a few months before, were you also on Windows 10 at the time?
Yes I am using their software to set the hotkeys. 
[Image: 63c0ed32286d860194925aa11376eb50.png]

I was on windows 7 before and I just had the hotkeys set up for Xbutton 2 and Xbutton 2 in the SAT software. When I installed SAT on W10, and set the same hotkeys for X2 and X1 they did not work. 

I thought that maybe the the mouse buttons don't work. So I just assigned them a letter and when I click the keys, it writes the letter F ect. So I decided to make "stack and fold" button the letter F. When I click it on the keyboard, it works fine. When I click the Xbutton assigned to letter F. It does not work. 

Not sure on how to resolve this, and I tried 2 different mice. One of them is wired and neither of the hotkeys work =/ It could very much be just a Windows 10 issue. Was hoping there was any suggestions on how to fix this.
Yes I suspect its something to do with the upgrade to Windows 10, rather than an SaT update. The problem is figuring out exactly what the cause is.

1. Does this fail on all sites or just certain ones? Can you try on a few others?
2. I wonder if its an administrator privileges problem. Are you sure you're running SaT as admin?
3. Can you try re-adding the hotkey, but using the tilde character ~ in front of the F key, so it looks like ~F?

Ron247

Did you ever find a fix to this? I've had exactly the same problem. I was using another hotkey software program and that had this problem after I updated to Windows 10. I'm now looking at switching to SaT but that has exactly the same issue. It seems that the hotkeys just don't work on poker sites, but they will work elsewhere. For example I set the button to hotkey 'f'. If I open notepad and click the button it types 'f' but it won't type that into the chatbox on the poker sites (even with SaT/other software not running).

Ron247

I've just found that this problem seems to come from not having the Setpoint software running as administrator. When you run it as admin it now seems to work fine.
(02-27-2016, 04:52 AM)Ron247 Wrote: [ -> ]I've just found that this problem seems to come from not having the Setpoint software running as administrator. When you run it as admin it now seems to work fine.

Great thank you very much for the update. Its the same as with SaT. If a pokersite is running as admin, and SaT is not, then none of SaT's hotkeys will work on the tables. I guess the SetPoint software is bound by the same Windows restrictions.