StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: program does not start up properly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://youtu.be/TFYrpVo41eE

Huh

Love the program and I use it all the time, happy customer for a few months but this is a serious problem if I cannot fix, I cannot use the program all the time.
Watch the video and see what the problem is. let me know what I can do.

Thanks!
Nevermind. I tried the method described at end of video. uninstall/re-install. FIles all stayed the same and now the program works.
Smile
Yeah uninstalling should keep your custom site files and your layout configurations in place. When a new update comes out I usually recommend just installing right on top of the existing files.

From the video, it looks like the program is indeed starting up, but the window is simply off screen. With your dual monitor setup, perhaps if you are unplugging them from time to time, then the primary monitor changes, and therefore the desktop coordinates change. So maybe SaT was trying to open up in a position in a previous monitor configuration but now its simply off-screen.

To fix it when that happens, you can open up your layout config file directly. It will be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\StackAndTile\Layouts\ folder. You'll want to scroll down to the middle of the file and locate these two lines:

Code:
gui_x=
gui_y=

the values may be something large or something that is now offscreen. You can reset those numbers both to "0" which should place the window in the upper left of the desktop when it opens. Save the file and then close reopen SaT.

You could even test this with your current installation now just to confirm it works