StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Unable to set up custom non-overlapping 3x2 grid layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was trying to set up 3x2 grid layout on my main display with 2560x1440 resolution for PokerStars Mercury theme, but I failed.

I rewrote table_width=840 and table_height=610 in a configuration file and when I visualise this grid settings, everything seems to be OK (I can see nice non-overlapping 3x2 grid as desired). But when I click on the Start button and begin to play, SaT resizes my tables and they are no longer OK, they are a little bit bigger and overlapping each other.

Do you have an advice how to create 3x2 grid layout for 2560x1440 resolution on PS Mercury theme (or any other theme)? Thank you.
When you go through Include Site setup, SaT attempts to resize the site's table to the grid slot size. If the pokersite doesn't allow the table to be sized to those exact dimensions, SaT will try to resize it as close as it can.

After you've already included the site, if you then manually edit the grid slot size, that may work for the Visualize Grid portion, but you then would need to remove and re-Include the site and allow SaT to resize the pokersite table and save that size. I never recommend people manually edit the config file. You should be creating a New Layout when you want to change the grid slot size. In this case, its not terrible to edit it, but then you run into these types of problems.

If you want an exact 3x2 layout for Stars, then I would open up 6 tables and then use the PokerStars feature to tile the tables on your screen. Then close 5 of them, and you will be left with 1 table the exact size. Then create a new SaT layout based on this size.

What version of Windows are you on? That may affect overlap and stuff like that, because different Windows verisons use different border sizes
Thank you for your prompt answer, it works as desired.

Now I have another minor question and I don't want to set up a new thread, so I'm going to ask this question here. I use PT4 HUD and I found out that hotkeys are not send to table under mouse if cursor hovers over HUD panels, so I have to use "Send hotkeys to active table" setting, but it lags sometimes and I made bunch of costly missclicks because of that. Is there any advanced configuration with "Send hotkeys to table under mouse" settings, which would send hotkeys to table under mouse even if cursor hovers over HUD panel? Thank you.
(03-15-2016, 09:07 PM)alpyn Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your prompt answer, it works as desired.

Now I have another minor question and I don't want to set up a new thread, so I'm going to ask this question here. I use PT4 HUD and I found out that hotkeys are not send to table under mouse if cursor hovers over HUD panels, so I have to use "Send hotkeys to active table" setting, but it lags sometimes and I made bunch of costly missclicks because of that. Is there any advanced configuration with "Send hotkeys to table under mouse" settings, which would send hotkeys to table under mouse even if cursor hovers over HUD panel? Thank you.

Hrmmm, I guess the PT4 HUD must be creating a separate 'window' for its HUD overlay, which would prevent SaT from thinking that the mouse is over a poker table.

When you say it "lags sometimes" what exactly do you mean?

You can try this, leave the hotkeys being sent to the active table, but then in the first Advanced Options tab, turn on "Activate/focus table under mouse" which will change the focus to each table as you hover over it. Also turn on "Highlight active window" so that you can visually see which window is active as a confirmation to help prevent misclicks. That also may give us some indication of what is happening with the lag. You would need to check if this also focuses and activates the HUD overlay window when you hover over it, because if so, then you'd probably run into the same problem.

Otherwise, you can change the hotkeys back to being sent to the table under the mouse, and then you would need to just train yourself to move your mouse cursor to maybe the center of the table where there is no HUD overlay.