StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: ACR Tiling is not using the same size as requested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using a 23" Acer Monitor for my tables.

When setting up for 12 tables on this monitor, I use the sizing that WPN (ACR) has for 12 tables which look like this:

https://gyazo.com/899cdc9723544321e76c678d16ef79ef

However, when I implemented the Stack N Tile Layout for the exact sizing it ends up looking like this:

https://gyazo.com/da7915d71045e5015862997894eca8af

I made sure that I did the Stack N Tile sizing capture on the Acer monitor and that the auto select table option on ACR was unchecked.

How do I fix it so that the Stack N Tile layout will be the correct sizing?

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Cheers,

John
It looks like in your first screenshot, the tables have overlap.

When SaT automatically creates the layout, it does so with no overlap. So I'm not even sure how you got the 2nd screenshot, because that too shows some overlap.

If you click on Visualize Grid, you can move your grid slots whereever you want, and that should allow you to create the layout that you want. Is that not working?
(05-23-2016, 04:29 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like in your first screenshot, the tables have overlap.

When SaT automatically creates the layout, it does so with no overlap. So I'm not even sure how you got the 2nd screenshot, because that too shows some overlap.

If you click on Visualize Grid, you can move your grid slots whereever you want, and that should allow you to create the layout that you want. Is that not working?

When I use the visual grid it looks like this: https://gyazo.com/8cb53b5974dadfe1313c8bff2388f4de

Also, the Acer is my 2nd monitor which connected to my Lenovo 15" laptop. When I grab the sizing I make sure that the tables are on the Acer monitor.
Right, so that Visualize Grid looks different than your first screenshot of what you want it to be. So just move the slots so that they match that first screenshot and it should be fine?

Probably whats also confusing you is the fact that Windows 10 puts artificial gaps between adjacent windows. In fact, on Windows 10, those gaps exist because the borders of the windows are in those areas, but the borders are merely invisible. You can confirm that by simply opening a few windows, any windows, and right clicking an empty space on the windows taskbar, and then clicking "Show windows side-by-side". You will see that Windows itself also shows those gaps.

But that doesn't even matter. Just click Visualize Grid and move the slots so that they match what you want in the first screenshot, which has some overlap
(05-23-2016, 01:01 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Right, so that Visualize Grid looks different than your first screenshot of what you want it to be. So just move the slots so that they match that first screenshot and it should be fine?

Probably whats also confusing you is the fact that Windows 10 puts artificial gaps between adjacent windows. In fact, on Windows 10, those gaps exist because the borders of the windows are in those areas, but the borders are merely invisible. You can confirm that by simply opening a few windows, any windows, and right clicking an empty space on the windows taskbar, and then clicking "Show windows side-by-side". You will see that Windows itself also shows those gaps.

But that doesn't even matter. Just click Visualize Grid and move the slots so that they match what you want in the first screenshot, which has some overlap

I tried tiling it just like the ACR auto tiled for the 12 tables but the Stack and Tile makes the slot bigger than the original table. https://gyazo.com/c02d7ae6b2d30b48fa09c5d90c092e7e

You can see slot 1's width is longer and the table to the right shows the Acr table on top of one of the grids.

The auto tiling feature from wpn does have overlay but it keeps all the tables connected and shows no gaps. I did arrange the slots by using visualize grid to try and get the same results but I still get the gaps?
(05-24-2016, 01:35 AM)focusedmotion Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2016, 01:01 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Right, so that Visualize Grid looks different than your first screenshot of what you want it to be. So just move the slots so that they match that first screenshot and it should be fine?

I tried tiling it just like the ACR auto tiled for the 12 tables but the Stack and Tile makes the slot bigger than the original table. https://gyazo.com/c02d7ae6b2d30b48fa09c5d90c092e7e

You can see slot 1's width is longer and the table to the right shows the Acr table on top of one of the grids.

Right so this is what I was saying earlier. In reality, the table and the slot are the same size. Windows 10 is making the borders invisible so you think that the table is smaller than it really is. That table is actually wider than it looks.

In my last post I gave you one way that shows how Windows itself leaves the gaps. Here is another to illustrate the point: Move your mouse to the right edge of a window or poker table. You will see the mouse cursor move to the exact edge. Then keep moving your mouse past the edge slowly. You will see the mouse cursor change to the resizing cursor. But the mouse is past the boundary of the window..?! This is because the mouse is really over the border of that window, but Windows has made that border inivisible, so you think your mouse is past the window, but in reality its not.

In previous versions of Windows, the resizing borders were visible. You would move your mouse over them, and see what you're grabbing and dragging to resize. In Win10, it looks like you are grabbing air when resizing. You can use the SaT menu item for Help->Diagnostic->Take screenshot, and see the resulting screenshot will also include those invisible borders.

Why did Windows 10 make the borders invisible? I have no idea.

You can also google "Windows 10 invisible borders" to see other applications facing the same issue

(05-24-2016, 01:35 AM)focusedmotion Wrote: [ -> ]The auto tiling feature from wpn does have overlay but it keeps all the tables connected and shows no gaps. I did arrange the slots by using visualize grid to try and get the same results but I still get the gaps?

If you overlap the tables with Visualize Grid, I would think there should be no gaps. You would only notice gaps if the edges of two slots were touching.

Looking at your example grid here:
https://gyazo.com/8cb53b5974dadfe1313c8bff2388f4de

and the actual tables here:

Slots 8,7,12,11 all overlap on all sides, so there should be no gaps between tables in those slots, which is true when looking at the screenshot of the actual tables.

Slots 4,3 overlap on the right edge of 4 and the left edge of 3, so there is no gap.

Slots 4,8 do not overlap, the bottom of 4 and the top of 8 are side by side, so there is a visual gap. (In reality, the two tables are exactly adjacent, but because of the invisible bottom border of 4, you think there is a gap. But if you move your mouse to that gap, the mouse clicks would _not_ pass through underneath. The mouse would change to the resizing cursor because the mouse is really on an invisible border).

Slots 3,2 do not overlap: the right side of 3 and the left side of 2 are exactly side by side, which causes the gap you see.

So if the auto-tiling feature of WPN has overlap on all edges, which it looks like it does, then just reproduce that in SaT, and you should similarly see no gaps. Funnily though, you can still see the gaps on the extreme left/right/bottom of that screenshot too, even with WPNs own tiling. Because those borders are still present even if you can't see them.

Does that make sense?
(05-24-2016, 02:38 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2016, 01:35 AM)focusedmotion Wrote: [ -> ]

Right so this is what I was saying earlier. In reality, the table and the slot are the same size. Windows 10 is making the borders invisible so you think that the table is smaller than it really is. That table is actually wider than it looks.

In my last post I gave you one way that shows how Windows itself leaves the gaps. Here is another to illustrate the point: Move your mouse to the right edge of a window or poker table. You will see the mouse cursor move to the exact edge. Then keep moving your mouse past the edge slowly. You will see the mouse cursor change to the resizing cursor. But the mouse is past the boundary of the window..?! This is because the mouse is really over the border of that window, but Windows has made that border inivisible, so you think your mouse is past the window, but in reality its not.

In previous versions of Windows, the resizing borders were visible. You would move your mouse over them, and see what you're grabbing and dragging to resize. In Win10, it looks like you are grabbing air when resizing. You can use the SaT menu item for Help->Diagnostic->Take screenshot, and see the resulting screenshot will also include those invisible borders.

Why did Windows 10 make the borders invisible? I have no idea.

You can also google "Windows 10 invisible borders" to see other applications facing the same issue

(05-24-2016, 01:35 AM)focusedmotion Wrote: [ -> ]The auto tiling feature from wpn does have overlay but it keeps all the tables connected and shows no gaps. I did arrange the slots by using visualize grid to try and get the same results but I still get the gaps?

If you overlap the tables with Visualize Grid, I would think there should be no gaps. You would only notice gaps if the edges of two slots were touching.

Looking at your example grid here:
https://gyazo.com/8cb53b5974dadfe1313c8bff2388f4de

and the actual tables here:

Slots 8,7,12,11 all overlap on all sides, so there should be no gaps between tables in those slots, which is true when looking at the screenshot of the actual tables.

Slots 4,3 overlap on the right edge of 4 and the left edge of 3, so there is no gap.

Slots 4,8 do not overlap, the bottom of 4 and the top of 8 are side by side, so there is a visual gap. (In reality, the two tables are exactly adjacent, but because of the invisible bottom border of 4, you think there is a gap. But if you move your mouse to that gap, the mouse clicks would _not_ pass through underneath. The mouse would change to the resizing cursor because the mouse is really on an invisible border).

Slots 3,2 do not overlap: the right side of 3 and the left side of 2 are exactly side by side, which causes the gap you see.

So if the auto-tiling feature of WPN has overlap on all edges, which it looks like it does, then just reproduce that in SaT, and you should similarly see no gaps. Funnily though, you can still see the gaps on the extreme left/right/bottom of that screenshot too, even with WPNs own tiling. Because those borders are still present even if you can't see them.

Does that make sense?

Everything you have mention does make sense. Doing each step to emulate the WPN 12 table tiling but it is still producing different results. The WPN auto tile for 12 tables allows me to my hole cards on all 12 tables. Using the SnT program allows the top row hole cards to be seen at all times but rows 2 and 3 will vary depending on what table is selected.

I appreciate your assistance and quick responses to my questions.

Cheers!
(05-24-2016, 04:04 AM)focusedmotion Wrote: [ -> ]Everything you have mention does make sense. Doing each step to emulate the WPN 12 table tiling but it is still producing different results. The WPN auto tile for 12 tables allows me to my hole cards on all 12 tables. Using the SnT program allows the top row hole cards to be seen at all times but rows 2 and 3 will vary depending on what table is selected.

I appreciate your assistance and quick responses to my questions.

Cheers!

So just move the tables around on Visualize Grid so that you can see all the hole cards Wink

Do the WPN auto tile, and then leave all the tables where they are, then do Visualize Grid and line up the grid slots