StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Detecting action required fails for a custom site (Sky Poker)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to use StackAndTile for the Sky Poker site via the custom site setup. The problem there seems to be that SaT erroneously detects that a table requires action, even if it doesn't in reality. As a result, when playing in Stack And Tile window layout mode, the tables do not stay in stack but populate the grid, even if they do not require action. If I try to multi-site, the grid gets infested with mostly Sky Poker tables, leaving little room for other sites.

The following screenshot is of a situation where I (NoHelmet) folded my cards. The table was correctly stacked as my folding ended the hand (the notification in the bottom right corner), but was instantly pulled back into the grid even before the next hand started.

http://imgur.com/a/2wMsD

A Sky Poker window truly requiring action looks like this

http://imgur.com/a/loY6n

Currently I use DWM scanning mode and the call button for action detection. Any idea what might go wrong? How does the action detection actually work? Any idea of a workaround?

The "Move to grid when dealt cards" works nicely but that's not how I ideally would want to play.
(08-30-2016, 05:08 AM)vvivvi Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to use StackAndTile for the Sky Poker site via the custom site setup. The problem there seems to be that SaT erroneously detects that a table requires action, even if it doesn't in reality. As a result, when playing in Stack And Tile window layout mode, the tables do not stay in stack but populate the grid, even if they do not require action. If I try to multi-site, the grid gets infested with mostly Sky Poker tables, leaving little room for other sites.

The following screenshot is of a situation where I (NoHelmet) folded my cards. The table was correctly stacked as my folding ended the hand (the notification in the bottom right corner), but was instantly pulled back into the grid even before the next hand started.

http://imgur.com/a/2wMsD

A Sky Poker window truly requiring action looks like this

http://imgur.com/a/loY6n

Currently I use DWM scanning mode and the call button for action detection. Any idea what might go wrong? How does the action detection actually work? Any idea of a workaround?

I'm pretty sure I tried to add support for Sky Poker at one point, and I wasn't able to get it to work correctly (edit: no, I see now, they won't let me complete my registration without giving a cc, so I can't even use playmoney).

If you use the menu item for "Help->Diagnostic->Take screenshot with DWM", does the screenshot work and correctly show the table?

Detection of when action is required works by looking for the visibility of the action_button, which is usually the Fold button. In this case, it was actually smart that you chose the Call button instead. Typically, the error you're seeing would be because someone had chosen the Fold button. Then during Include Site setup, SaT would save the color of the Fold button, which is 'blue'ish. Then when the program is running, SaT looks for that same 'blue'ish color, and if it sees it, then it determines that action is required. That may fail for this site, because even when the Fold button isnt visible, the table background color behind the buttons is also a shade of blue. So, by you choosing the Call button, SaT would look for 'green' instead, which should work in theory.

However, if SaT fails to be able to scan the table to see any colors at all, then all of that fails, and nothing works. But, its suprising that...

(08-30-2016, 05:08 AM)vvivvi Wrote: [ -> ]The "Move to grid when dealt cards" works nicely but that's not how I ideally would want to play.

This does work for you correctly? That makes me think that SaT is able to scan the table then.

Can you click "File->Current Layout" and paste me everything?
I re-did the site inclusion once again and my problem changed slightly. Now it appears that required action gets detected whenever the poker client shows either buttons  for action pre-selection or actual action buttons, which visually look dissimilar. Somehow it would be easier to understand the situation if it was missed action detections rather than false alerts.

By the way, this is not matter of any urgency. I just got curious as I have been able to include most other custom sites without any problems. Ok, it would be also nice to add couple of Sky tourneys to the mix, but that\'s not so important. Anyway, maybe I\'ll still try to manually tweak the configuration files a little. Maybe the setup procedure somehow gets confused and stores wrong values in the configuration files.

Just to be sure, is this how the action detection in SaT works? During site inclusion the coordinates of a single pixel within the relevant action button and the colour of the pixel are stored. Run-time, the colour of this single pixel is monitored and whenever it has the stored value, required action is flagged. Is there any tolerance in the colour comparison or is it exact?

SaT_Admin Wrote:If you use the menu item for "Help->Diagnostic->Take screenshot with DWM", does the screenshot work and correctly show the table?

Yes it does work: http://imgur.com/a/q6tOw

This is an example of the action pre-selection buttons causing false detections

http://imgur.com/a/O4yLE

Here the table has already been moved to grid even though the action is still on BaldusNew.

SaT_Admin Wrote:However, if SaT fails to be able to scan the table to see any colors at all, then all of that fails, and nothing works. But, its suprising that...

vvivvi Wrote:"Move to grid when dealt cards" works nicely but that's not how I ideally would want to play.

This does work for you correctly? That makes me think that SaT is able to scan the table then.

I re-checked and can confirm this.

SaT_Admin Wrote:Can you click "File->Current Layout" and paste me everything?

Here it is:

[settings]
table_width=761
table_height=540
total_slots=4
slot1x=0
slot1y=0
slot2x=761
slot2y=0
slot3x=0
slot3y=540
stack_slot=1
newtables_slot=grid
move_to_grid=preflop
oldtables_duration=2
oldtables_slot=grid
scan_mode=DWM
play_mode=SaT
slot4x=761
slot4y=540
activate_most_urgent=1
activate_table_under_mouse=0
highlight_active_win=1
move_mouse_to_most_urgent=0
left_click_detection=1
stack_when_clicking_call_or_bet=1
stack_table_at_end_of_hand=1
drag_drop_swap_slots=1
minimize_to_tray=0
show_table_count_while_running=1
show_session_timer=0
move_888_popups=1
close_bovada_popups=1
stars_include_logged_in_as=0
notify_new_tables=1
notify_old_tables=1
notify_keep_in_grid=1
notify_ignore_table=1
notify_move_to_grid=1
notify_end_of_hand=1
notification_duration=3
hotkeys_fire_on_release=0
allow_action_hotkeys_on_ignored_tables=1
click_bet_for_betsize_hotkeys=1
click_bet_for_betxbb_hotkeys=1
also_keep_in_grid_when_move_to_slot_x=0
fold_checkbox_setting=Fold
also_stack_table_for_betsizeX=1
focus_betbox=1
detect_hidden_windows=0
auto_accept_stars_waitlists=0
click_stars_info_tab=1
table_count_gui_x=1659
table_count_gui_y=23
[general]
show_walkthru=0
gui_x=2373
gui_y=192
last_tab=
filename=main2x2.ini
is_reloading=1
version=2.90
win_ver=10.0.10586
v=fu
v290_msg=0

[sites]
number_of_sites=2
included_sites=iPokerNew,sky3
iPokerNew_included_executable_path=C:\Users\ville\AppData\Local\Betfair Poker\data\pokerclient.exe
iPokerNew_included_resized_table_width=760
iPokerNew_included_resized_table_height=539
iPokerNew_included_hole_x_coord=399
iPokerNew_included_hole_y_coord=357
iPokerNew_included_fold_color=0xab517e
iPokerNew_included_call_color=0xab527e
iPokerNew_included_bet_color=0xab517e
iPokerNew_included_table_color_behind_holecard=0x2a2723
iPokerNew_included_flop_x_coord=269
iPokerNew_included_flop_y_coord=217
iPokerNew_included_table_color_behind_flop=0x2a2723
sky3_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\SkyPoker\SkyPoker.exe
sky3_included_resized_table_width=761
sky3_included_resized_table_height=540
sky3_included_hole_x_coord=503
sky3_included_hole_y_coord=321
sky3_included_fold_color=0xb5661a
sky3_included_call_color=0x7c4413
sky3_included_bet_color=0x8517b3
sky3_included_table_color_behind_holecard=0xc16a16
sky3_included_flop_x_coord=268
sky3_included_flop_y_coord=170
sky3_included_table_color_behind_flop=0xc16a16
[hotkeys]
number_of_hotkeys=37
hotkey1action=Send table to bottom
hotkey1key=B
hotkey2action=Keep table in grid
hotkey2key=G
hotkey3action=Fold + Stack table
hotkey3key=F
hotkey4action=Bet + Stack table
hotkey4key=V
hotkey5action=Stack table
hotkey5key=S
hotkey6action=Tile all tables
hotkey6key=T
hotkey7action=Re-fill grid tables
hotkey7key=R
hotkey8action=Bet 2.1 bb + Stack table
hotkey8key=1
hotkey9action=Bet 2.4 bb + Stack table
hotkey9key=2
hotkey10action=Bet 2.7 bb + Stack table
hotkey10key=3
hotkey11action=Bet 2.95 bb + Stack table
hotkey11key=4
hotkey12action=Fold + Stack table
hotkey12key=Left
hotkey13action=Bet + Stack table
hotkey13key=Up
hotkey14action=Increase bet
hotkey14key=Numpad0
hotkey15action=Decrease bet
hotkey15key=Down
hotkey16action=Increase bet
hotkey16key=WheelUp
hotkey17action=Decrease bet
hotkey17key=WheelDown
hotkey18action=Call
hotkey18key=Right
hotkey19action=Bet 2.15 bb
hotkey19key=Delete
hotkey20action=Bet 2.5 bb
hotkey20key=End
hotkey21action=Bet 3 bb
hotkey21key=PgDn
hotkey22action=BetSize 1
hotkey22key=Insert
hotkey23action=BetSize 2
hotkey23key=Home
hotkey24action=BetSize 3
hotkey24key=PgUp
hotkey25action=Bet 1000 bb
hotkey25key=NumpadDot
hotkey26action=Activate most urgent and move mouse
hotkey26key=Enter
hotkey27action=Ignore table
hotkey27key=I
hotkey28action=Bet 5.5 bb
hotkey28key=Numpad1
hotkey29action=Bet 6.5 bb
hotkey29key=Numpad2
hotkey30action=Bet 7.5 bb
hotkey30key=Numpad3
hotkey31action=Bet 8 bb
hotkey31key=Numpad4
hotkey32action=Bet 9 bb
hotkey32key=Numpad5
hotkey33action=Bet 10 bb
hotkey33key=Numpad6
hotkey34action=Bet 12 bb
hotkey34key=Numpad7
hotkey35action=BetSize 4
hotkey35key=Numpad8
hotkey36action=BetSize 5
hotkey36key=Numpad9
hotkey37action=External VPIP key
hotkey37key=~F2
send_table_under_mouse=1
(08-30-2016, 05:52 PM)vvivvi Wrote: [ -> ]I re-did the site inclusion once again and my problem changed slightly. Now it appears that required action gets detected whenever the poker client shows either buttons  for action pre-selection or actual action buttons, which visually look dissimilar. 

Ah hah! ok that is something more managable to work with then. So this is the problem you're describing?
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...wrong-time

(08-30-2016, 05:52 PM)vvivvi Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be sure, is this how the action detection in SaT works? During site inclusion the coordinates of a single pixel within the relevant action button and the colour of the pixel are stored. Run-time, the colour of this single pixel is monitored and whenever it has the stored value, required action is flagged. Is there any tolerance in the colour comparison or is it exact?

Exactly, you got it. There is some tolerance allowed, because many times when you hover your mouse over the buttons, they change shade a little bit.

(08-30-2016, 05:52 PM)vvivvi Wrote: [ -> ]This is an example of the action pre-selection buttons causing false detections

http://imgur.com/a/O4yLE

Here the table has already been moved to grid even though the action is still on BaldusNew.

Hrmmm, well this is a stumper then. Because you said you chose 'call' as your action_button for your custom site, which is green. Those advance-action checkbox buttons are blue...

(08-30-2016, 05:52 PM)vvivvi Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is:

Code:
[settings]
[sites]
sky3_included_fold_color=0xb5661a
sky3_included_call_color=0x7c4413
sky3_included_bet_color=0x8517b3

Well the call button isn't 'green' according to SaT.

Those colors above are in BGR format. Most formats use RGB so to visualize it you'd need to reverse the first and third parts, each part being a 2 digit code. So here's the example. During Include Site setup, SaT grabbed 0x7c4413 as the color of the Call button. I go to this ColorPicker website and I type in instead 13447c (RGB format). Its showing a blue, not green. The other two buttons are correct: Fold button (1a66b5) is also showing a blue, and the Bet button is showing pink (b31785).

What this tells me is that maybe you have the wrong coordinate chosen in your custom site file. You have a "Call" hotkey setup for your "Right" arrow key. Does this hotkey work correctly?

Can you paste your full "sky3" custom site file? You will find it in this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\StackAndTile\Sites\
Thanks for your efforts up to now. It seems that the combined procedure of custom site setup and including the site in SaT do not store the right coordinates and colours in the configuration files for some reason. I can try to manually alter them and see if this helps. I think I can find the necessary tools.

The right arrow hotkey works correctly (not too many other keys do).

Here's the custom site file you requested:
Code:
[settings]

standard_table_width=761
standard_table_height=540

buttons=fold,call,bet

action_button=call

fold_button_x_coord=452
fold_button_y_coord=496
fold_button_region_topleft_x_coord=414
fold_button_region_topleft_y_coord=474
fold_button_region_bottomright_x_coord=489
fold_button_region_bottomright_y_coord=514

call_button_x_coord=550
call_button_y_coord=498
call_button_region_topleft_x_coord=513
call_button_region_topleft_y_coord=473
call_button_region_bottomright_x_coord=590
call_button_region_bottomright_y_coord=517

bet_button_x_coord=679
bet_button_y_coord=501
bet_button_region_topleft_x_coord=619
bet_button_region_topleft_y_coord=473
bet_button_region_bottomright_x_coord=692
bet_button_region_bottomright_y_coord=516

use_basic_click=1

table_class=ApolloRuntimeContentWindow

table_include_title_text=/
table_exclude_title_text=
(08-31-2016, 01:46 AM)vvivvi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your efforts up to now. It seems that the combined procedure of custom site setup and including the site in SaT do not store the right coordinates and colours in the configuration files for some reason. I can try to manually alter them and see if this helps. I think I can find the necessary tools.

Yeah so when I looked at your original screenshot along with your custom site file, it looks like the coordinate is correct and should work. You really shouldn't manually edit the colors in the layout config file. I don't know if that would even work, because if SaT isn't correctly getting the colors during Include Site setup, then it wouldn't get the correct colors during gameplay either..

When you Include the site into SaT, and SaT asks you to press F10 to Fold your hand, are you certain the Call button is green at that time? Perhaps maybe the Call button had changed to Check and the Check button is blue? Something like that would be a problem, and you'd probably need to change the action_button to "fold". Why did you choose "call" anyway?

Finally, yes many hotkey features won't work with custom sites. If I could get access to play money on that site, then that should be enough to add built-in support. However, not only do they require a credit card, but they also have a verification process thats required by their UK Gaming Commission and one that that I would surely fail, since I'm not in the UK.
(08-31-2016, 02:46 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2016, 01:46 AM)vvivvi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your efforts up to now. It seems that the combined procedure of custom site setup and including the site in SaT do not store the right coordinates and colours in the configuration files for some reason. I can try to manually alter them and see if this helps. I think I can find the necessary tools.

Yeah so when I looked at your original screenshot along with your custom site file, it looks like the coordinate is correct and should work. You really shouldn't manually edit the colors in the layout config file. I don't know if that would even work, because if SaT isn't correctly getting the colors during Include Site setup, then it wouldn't get the correct colors during gameplay either..

When you Include the site into SaT, and SaT asks you to press F10 to Fold your hand, are you certain the Call button is green at that time? Perhaps maybe the Call button had changed to Check and the Check button is blue? Something like that would be a problem, and you'd probably need to change the action_button to "fold". Why did you choose "call" anyway?

Finally, yes many hotkey features won't work with custom sites. If I could get access to play money on that site, then that should be enough to add built-in support. However, not only do they require a credit card, but they also have a verification process thats required by their UK Gaming Commission and one that that I would surely fail, since I'm not in the UK.

As said, this Sky matter is not important for me for any other reason but for my personal curiousness. Of course it would be nice if I didn't have to edit the colour values manually and this wouldn't qualify as a proper solution for anyone else to use. But for the time being I might as well try it anyway. Can't do any harm.

The call button has been green when F10 has been pressed. 

I decided to try "call" as the action button as I originally tried the standard "fold" alternative and it didn't work (the behaviour was similar). I suspected that the blue background colour could cause some problems. Anyway, it was left this way when I compiled my error report to you.
Just to report the state of my Sky investigations. I got myself a new computer and therefore this had to wait for a while.

On my new setup the "include custom site" thing started working problem-free. The exact cause and the essential difference to the earlier setup is still to be found. One factor may be that in this current setup I use a layout that employs smaller windows and makes Sky poker to use different, more miniaturised graphics.