StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Input Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Last month as I was playing I would sometimes experience input lag. I.e. I would press a hotkey and it wouldn't register immediately where my mouse was located, instead it would register half a second to a second later after my mouse had moved and was at a different location. This would happen, I believe, continuously, usually after the software had been running for some time already and restarting the software would resolve the issue. I have no theory for why this may be the case, especially since simply restarting the software resolves the issue. The input lag did also not happen consistently, i.e. it wouldn't be every session I played simply after a fixed amount of time, but just some sessions.
I too don't have any idea why this would be the case. It sounds like it could just be an after effect of your computer in general perhaps running low on memory or resources. SaT itself doesn't use up too much resources, but there's always a chance there is a bug somewhere. I would think its more likely that perhaps if you have multiple things running on your computer at the same time, that things could start to bog down. Perhaps if you have a very intensive HUD that you run. Or if you have many web browser tabs open, these can particularly take up a lot of memory.
(09-10-2016, 12:29 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]I too don't have any idea why this would be the case. It sounds like it could just be an after effect of your computer in general perhaps running low on memory or resources. SaT itself doesn't use up too much resources, but there's always a chance there is a bug somewhere. I would think its more likely that perhaps if you have multiple things running on your computer at the same time, that things could start to bog down. Perhaps if you have a very intensive HUD that you run. Or if you have many web browser tabs open, these can particularly take up a lot of memory.

Yea, I guess I did have that hypothesis as well. I just sort of through it out of the window, because I thought my RAM usage was still high after I restarted SaT and it worked. However, considering that I have been using SaT for a long time and this is the first time I've really experienced these issues and I do happen to be running more sites than I usually do, it could very well be connected to that. I can't find the note any more, but from my memory I think RAM usage was at 61-65%, definitely below 70%.
Hrmmm yeah thats a good point, if you just restart SaT, then probably the computer is still at the same resource level. I'm not too sure. Approximately how long does it take when you see this issue?
(09-10-2016, 02:52 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Hrmmm yeah thats a good point, if you just restart SaT, then probably the computer is still at the same resource level. I'm not too sure. Approximately how long does it take when you see this issue?

I'm not sure what you mean by how long does it take when I see this issue. My inputs seem delayed by about 1-1.5 seconds. So what I do when I am stuck in the middle of a session and am paranoid that my inputs might be registered in the wrong position is wait till the action I requested be performed is actually performed and then move on to the next table, which is obviously less than ideal.

If you are referring to how long it takes to restart SaT, I should add that simply restarting SaT by using the start and stop button does not fix the issue. I need to close the program and launch a new instance for the problem to go away, which doesn't take that much time I think.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant, how long after initially starting SaT, do you start to notice the lag? 1 hour? etc
(09-11-2016, 05:32 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant, how long after initially starting SaT, do you start to notice the lag? 1 hour? etc

I see, it's definitely not from the get go and I never played more then 4 hours. I think the issue would start to occur after about 2-3 hours.