StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Two SaT Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm experiencing two issues with SaT at the moment. The first is with the cycle hotkey to cycle through my stack. For some reason it doesn't work most of the time, and I don't know why. I feel like some times it will work at the very beginning of the session, but then stop to work.

My second issue is that sometimes when playing on ipoker, it is very easy to accidentally touch the corner of a table and resize it. If I do this, then SaT will resize the table until an error from SaT appears saying that the table has been excluded due to some error. This can be quite frustrating with a lot of tables open, because the only way to fix it is to restart SaT. This only happens on ipoker.
(01-05-2017, 06:56 PM)Insideman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm experiencing two issues with SaT at the moment. The first is with the cycle hotkey to cycle through my stack. For some reason it doesn't work most of the time, and I don't know why. I feel like some times it will work at the very beginning of the session, but then stop to work.

You mentioned this previously not too long ago. I looked into it but I couldn't replicate it breaking. I need to be able to reproduce the problem to investigate where/how it may be failing.

What other hotkeys do you use for moving tables around? What is your overall setup/workflow/playstyle? Are you able to reproduce the failure consistently? Can you maybe take a video or otherwise show me?

(01-05-2017, 06:56 PM)Insideman Wrote: [ -> ]My second issue is that sometimes when playing on ipoker, it is very easy to accidentally touch the corner of a table and resize it. If I do this, then SaT will resize the table until an error from SaT appears saying that the table has been excluded due to some error. This can be quite frustrating with a lot of tables open, because the only way to fix it is to restart SaT. This only happens on ipoker.

Yes this is a problem. The new iPoker client is a pain in the ass because the only way to resize the table is by taking control of the mouse and doing my own click/drag. If I don't do that, and just rely on a programmatic resize, then the table graphics don't redraw, and you end up with a cut off table. And of course, SaT need to always ensure that the table is the correct gridslot size so that it can find the correct coordinates, etc to determine when its your turn to act.

So I'm not really sure how to handle this. I can perhaps look into seeing if there is a way to remove the borders of the table window. If they allow me to do that, that means there will literally be no borders for you to mistakenly click on. But I don't know if their software will allow me to do that.

What version of Windows are you on?
(01-05-2017, 08:24 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]You mentioned this previously not too long ago. I looked into it but I couldn't replicate it breaking. I need to be able to reproduce the problem to investigate where/how it may be failing.

What other hotkeys do you use for moving tables around? What is your overall setup/workflow/playstyle? Are you able to reproduce the failure consistently? Can you maybe take a video or otherwise show me?

Yes this is a problem. The new iPoker client is a pain in the ass because the only way to resize the table is by taking control of the mouse and doing my own click/drag. If I don't do that, and just rely on a programmatic resize, then the table graphics don't redraw, and you end up with a cut off table. And of course, SaT need to always ensure that the table is the correct gridslot size so that it can find the correct coordinates, etc to determine when its your turn to act.

So I'm not really sure how to handle this. I can perhaps look into seeing if there is a way to remove the borders of the table window. If they allow me to do that, that means there will literally be no borders for you to mistakenly click on. But I don't know if their software will allow me to do that.

Sorry, I didn't realize I had double posted. Regarding issue #1, yes I am able to consistently reproduce the problem. The failure rate is 100%. It works at first, but then stops after an unknown amount of time, but I would estimate within the first hour. I use stack and tile primarily to tile/organize my tables, but I have one stack for tables where I'm just waiting for tables on. I send tables to that stack using my stack key. That's the only way I move tables with hotkeys. The rest I move around by clicking and dragging.

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro.
I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I was just thinking that maybe each ipoker table could be resized just one time instead of every time the table size is changed. This should fix the issue of accidentally clicking the edge of the table. I guess that would lead to issues with the hotkeys though right? So it would mean that if somebody accidentally resized a table by hand, they should avoid clicking hotkeys for that table, at least until they had restarted SaT. I'm not sure how practical that would be, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.
(01-08-2017, 04:43 PM)Insideman Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2017, 08:24 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]You mentioned this previously not too long ago. I looked into it but I couldn't replicate it breaking. I need to be able to reproduce the problem to investigate where/how it may be failing.

Sorry, I didn't realize I had double posted. Regarding issue #1, yes I am able to consistently reproduce the problem. The failure rate is 100%. It works at first, but then stops after an unknown amount of time, but I would estimate within the first hour. I use stack and tile primarily to tile/organize my tables, but I have one stack for tables where I'm just waiting for tables on. I send tables to that stack using my stack key. That's the only way I move tables with hotkeys. The rest I move around by clicking and dragging.

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro.

Yeah what I meant by "consistently reproduce the problem" is like, "Ok, do x, y, z, and then you'll see the hotkey fails". If it fails after an unknown amount of time, its hard to say exactly when and why its failing.

I don't doubt that its failing. Do you think you can record a quick video maybe 5 minutes, just so I can see how you're using SaT? Then maybe I can look into it deeper. Show me your layout settings and hotkeys tab in the video so I can replicate your settings.

(01-08-2017, 11:20 PM)Insideman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I was just thinking that maybe each ipoker table could be resized just one time instead of every time the table size is changed. This should fix the issue of accidentally clicking the edge of the table. I guess that would lead to issues with the hotkeys though right? So it would mean that if somebody accidentally resized a table by hand, they should avoid clicking hotkeys for that table, at least until they had restarted SaT. I'm not sure how practical that would be, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

That would also lead to bigger errors than just hotkeys: SaT might make a mistake and not detect that a table requires your action. SaT's main goal is to pop up each table when its your turn to act, to organize focus correctly across multiple sites. This is accomplished by scanning for the color of the fold/call/bet buttons at certain coordinates on the table. If the table size changes, then those coordinates are no longer correct, and the scanning goes wrong. This is why SaT enforces the table size.