StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Joy2Key + SAT + ACR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jveasy

Hello,

I am using SAT with Americas Card Room. The hotkeys work fine with my keyboard but when I use my Xbox 1 controller with JoytoKey it looks like SAT doesn't recognize the key presses.

The strange thing is the xbox controller (joy2key) key presses are recognized by other programs. 

In JoytoKey i assigned button A on my xbox 1 controller to 'C' and in SAT i assigned 'C' to call/check.

When I am at a table in ACR if I press 'C' on the keyboard it checks or calls fine but if I press it on the controller it does nothing.

If I open up notepad and I press the xbox A button I see the letter 'C' gets typed in notepad, same as if i type 'C' with the keyboard.

I found a website online that tells you what keys you are pressing. http://unixpapa.com/js/testkey.html

When i press 'C' with my keyboard or the 'A' button with the xbox controller I get the following results (with SAT enabled or disabled)

Keyboard
keyup    keyCode=67  ©   which=67  ©   charCode=0        

Xbox 1 Controller (JoytoKey)
keyup    keyCode=67  ©   which=67  ©   charCode=0        

the last test i did which leads me to believe that SAT is not recognizing the key presses when they are sent by Joy2Key is that if i go to hotkeys in SAT and then i press the  ellipsis and then i click on the textbox with all the letter character and I press 'C' on my keyboard it highlights the letter C in SAT but when I press the 'A' button on my xbox controller it does not highlight any letter even though notepad does detect the letter 'C' key press when press 'A' on my xbox.

Do you have any advice or suggestions or should i just look for a different controller to windows key mapping program other than joy2key?

Thanks!
Hrmmmm, a few things to try

1. By default, SaT sends the hotkeys to the 'table under the mouse'. So when you press your controller button to send the key 'C', that hotkey will fire on whatever table that the mouse cursor is over. Are you sure your mouse is over the table at the time you are pressing it?

2. Does the order in which you start the programs matter?
- Can you try making sure SaT is completely closed first, and then start up Joy2Key and turn it on, and then open up SaT and press Start?
- Can you try making sure Joy2Key is completely closed, then open SaT and press Start, then open Joy2Key and turn it on?

3. I know other users have used "Xpadder" in the past to use their Xbox controllers. I thought that they set it up exactly like you have: set the joystick button to a letter within Xpadder, and then set the letter to an action within SaT. I'm not sure why Joy2Key isn't working. Can you try Xpadder and see if that works?

Please let me know. This should be possible

jveasy

(01-23-2017, 11:18 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Hrmmmm, a few things to try

1. By default, SaT sends the hotkeys to the 'table under the mouse'. So when you press your controller button to send the key 'C', that hotkey will fire on whatever table that the mouse cursor is over. Are you sure your mouse is over the table at the time you are pressing it?

2. Does the order in which you start the programs matter?
- Can you try making sure SaT is completely closed first, and then start up  Joy2Key and turn it on, and then open up SaT and press Start?
- Can you try making sure Joy2Key is completely closed, then open SaT and press Start, then open Joy2Key and turn it on?

3. I know other users have used "Xpadder" in the past to use their Xbox controllers. I thought that they set it up exactly like you have: set the joystick button to a letter within Xpadder, and then set the letter to an action within SaT. I'm not sure why Joy2Key isn't working. Can you try Xpadder and see if that works?

Please let me know. This should be possible

I made sure the mouse was over the table. I even played with the advanced settings so that the key presses would be sent to the active table regardless if the mouse was over it but to no avail.

I tried opening the programs in different orders and still no success.

I bought Xpadder today and I am having the same exact issues I was having with JoytoKey.

I again mapped button 'A' on my controller to the letter 'C'.

When I press button 'A' on the controller it sends the key presses to any and all active/selected windows programs (chrome webrowser, notepad, Open/Save windows Dialog boxes etc.) except to SaT.

When i have xpadder running and I open SaT I even tried going to File>Open Layout>Open Other and then I tried pressing the 'A' controller button in the area where you type the filename and nothing. then i switch to any other windows program and I hit the 'A' button and I can see the letter 'C' come up.

I am going to keep playing around with the programs to see if I can figure this out and ill be sure to post back what i did to get it working (if i can).

Thanks
(01-24-2017, 03:28 PM)jveasy Wrote: [ -> ]When i have xpadder running and I open SaT I even tried going to File>Open Layout>Open Other and then I tried pressing the 'A' controller button in the area where you type the filename and nothing. then i switch to any other windows program and I hit the 'A' button and I can see the letter 'C' come up.

^This above is a very good clue. It sounds like a permission problem. As in, you're probably running SaT as administrator. Maybe the remapping software Xpadder/Joy2Key is NOT being run as administrator, and therefore it can't interact with SaT.

Can you try running those softwares as administrator? Then try your test quoted above? And also try regular hotkeys?

jveasy

I ran xpadder as administrator and was still having problems.

I decided to restart my computer and then i tried running xpadder again as administrator and this time everything worked perfectly!

Not sure if it it was the restart, the running as SA or a combination of both that finally got it working but its working great.

Thanks! I'll be registering as soon as my trial finishes up in a few days!
Alright great! That was a good catch that you realized that you couldn't even send the keystroke to the SaT window. Without that information we might not have solved it Smile