StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: iPoker Fold instead of Call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I played a session on iPoker, on Betfair, and I believe that when I pressed the 'call' hotkey, my hand was instead folded. I play with a game pad with three fingers on fold/call/raise. The call button has a bump on it. I've noticed this only one other time also on Betfair, if I'm recalling it correctly and not on any other site. I'm unable to reproduce this error deliberately, the hotkeys seem to be working correctly. This could be some strange thing where my brain is malfunctioning, a bit like a deja vu phenomenon, but I was just wondering is there any way for me to see what hotkey was pressed when an instance like that occurs? Can I turn on logging somewhere, so that I can see it saying which hotkey was registered with SaT? I feel pretty confident I pressed the correct hotkey, and my hand was resting on the gamepad the entire time which reduces the room for mislicks.
There is logging, but it isn't meant to be used all the time, because there are some visual distractions and performance is hindered. Let me try to clean it up a little
Ok download this version
v2.94j

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Stac...p-294j.exe

Then add this line to your File -> Current Layout:

Code:
[settings]
logging=1

then save the file and close/reopen SaT. A logging file will be saved as logg.txt in SaT's Program Files main folder. Every time you press Start, that log file deletes and starts fresh.
Upon reflection, I actually think this is far more likely to be a bug of the ipoker software. They have one of the worst software on the market from any reputable site, and it wouldn't suprise me if their system sometimes registered a call as a fold. I do react quickly sometimes when it is my turn, since I already know what I want to do and this could be the trigger for that bug. That being said, I will give the logging a try, so that I can at least go back and confirm my suspicion.
If you are sending the hotkeys to the table under the mouse, perhaps you are moving your mouse so fast at that precise moment when you are pressing the hotkey, and maybe the hotkey is registering at the wrong table?
No, my mouse is definitely on the right table. It's like I have a hand I know I want to call a re-raise with, so my mouse is already on the table waiting for my turn, I press call and then I am folded.

Like I said this is rare, but I was able to observe the phenomenon again yesterday. I noticed it after limping first-in in the SB and the BB checking. On the flop I pressed the hotkey for check and the ipoker software asked me if I'm sure I want to fold. This was deja-vu for me, because I've noticed the same thing before in the past, I had just forgotten about it. I had the log running. The log is a bit hard to read, all I noted was the time, because I had a lot of things going on during the session. Didn't think to add the table name.
Perhaps you can give me a hint what to look for. I have 'Call' bound to F2 in SaT. I pressed this and it triggered the "Would you like to fold" dialogue from iPoker.

I'll also ask around on 2+2 to see if anybody else is observing this while manually clicking on the call button.
(06-02-2017, 08:05 PM)Insideman Wrote: [ -> ]The log is a bit hard to read, all I noted was the time, because I had a lot of things going on during the session. Didn't think to add the table name.
Perhaps you can give me a hint what to look for.
Yeah it is hard to read. If you want to send it to me, I can look. Remember, each time you press Start, the log deletes and starts over. So if you've already played another session with SaT then the log won't be useful anymore.

But for every hotkey, you'd see a line that says "Call hotkey started" etc. If it is showing "Call hotkey started", then that means the Call hotkey probably has the wrong coordinate programmed in. But if that were the case, then it would fail 100% of the time, not just randomly.

I'd be curious to see if somehow its saying "Fold hotkey started" instead. That would mean the Fold hotkey is getting triggered. But I have no idea why that would be happening

(06-02-2017, 08:05 PM)Insideman Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you can give me a hint what to look for. I have 'Call' bound to F2 in SaT. I pressed this and it triggered the "Would you like to fold" dialogue from iPoker.

This could be a clue. Does iPoker have built-in hotkeys for fold/call/raise? I believe 888 and WPN do, and they are usually F1,F2,F3. Check the iPoker client and make sure to turn those off if so. Or, test by changing the call hotkey to a different key other than F2 and see if the problem goes away?