StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Grid Size Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HHey, my grid once in a while gets smaller or bigger, a bit randomly. 

What could be happening? How can I make it work properly?

I want this:

https://ibb.co/g20w3c

To go back to this:

https://ibb.co/cuhn9H
Very strange. I've not heard of this. Do you have multiple monitors? Do you swap them left/right from time to time? Or unplug some at some points? Do you ever change the scaling %s within Windows?
(04-24-2018, 12:36 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Very strange. I've not heard of this. Do you have multiple monitors? Do you swap them left/right from time to time? Or unplug some at some points? Do you ever change the scaling %s within Windows?

One single monitor. No I don't. Sometimes I play a game that changes the monitor resolution, but I don't know if that could make a change in the grid, tho.
If that game changes the screen resolution, that probably explain it. In the screenshot where the slots look larger and take up more screen space, you probably have a lower resolution at that time. And then when the resolution increases, the slots still stay the same size, and take up the same space, but because you have a higher resolution, you have more screenspace.

But from your screenshots, it looks like the actual slot #s are moved too. I wouldn't expect that at all. Such as slot #16 being on the far left in one image, and then at the far right in the other. I don't think that should happen at all.
(04-25-2018, 12:10 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]If that game changes the screen resolution, that probably explain it. In the screenshot where the slots look larger and take up more screen space, you probably have a lower resolution at that time. And then when the resolution increases, the slots still stay the same size, and take up the same space, but because you have a higher resolution, you have more screenspace.

But from your screenshots, it looks like the actual slot #s are moved too. I wouldn't expect that at all. Such as slot #16 being on the far left in one image, and then at the far right in the other. I don't think that should happen at all.

When the screenshots were taken the monitor resolution was the same! 
I just realized one thing: the grid gets smaller when the saT software window gets smaller and the opposite when the window has its normal size. It seems that the SaT window changes its resolution(?).
(04-25-2018, 12:25 AM)luis_faria Wrote: [ -> ]When the screenshots were taken the monitor resolution was the same! 
I just realized one thing: the grid gets smaller when the saT software window gets smaller and the opposite when the window has its normal size. It seems that the SaT window changes its resolution(?).

SaT's window would look bigger or smaller depending on the resolution. But it never changes its size. Another thing could be is if the scaling % changes within Windows. That would make the SaT window look different, especially the fonts. If you rightclick the desktop, and choose Display Settings, you should see the scaling %. Does that ever change?
(04-25-2018, 12:40 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2018, 12:25 AM)luis_faria Wrote: [ -> ]When the screenshots were taken the monitor resolution was the same! 

SaT's window would look bigger or smaller depending on the resolution. But it never changes its size. Another thing could be is if the scaling % changes within Windows. That would make the SaT window look different, especially the fonts. If you rightclick the desktop, and choose Display Settings, you should see the scaling %. Does that ever change?

Nope. Yesterday before I turned off the pc, the sat window was looking way smaller than it looks now. The Windows resolution was the same in both times.
(04-25-2018, 12:45 AM)luis_faria Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Yesterday before I turned off the pc, the sat window was looking way smaller than it looks now. The Windows resolution was the same in both times.

The only two things I can think of would be either the resolution, or the scaling %. I'm not sure what is going on. Keep an eye on it and let me know if you notice anything that may help