StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Push tables based on poker site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I can't describe how much I love SaT and how much it helps me with multitabling on different websites. Really good job man. 

I'm playing in a stack on partypoker and 888poker. Tables where I put in money are moved to the grid automatically and moved back to the stack when I fold. Now my question is: is it possible to give tables of a certain website priority, so that they are pushed first in the stack? I can't find anything about it in the forums, but maybe I missed it. 

I would love this feature because Partypoker gives us a much smaller action time and timebank compared to 888poker.
I'm sorry, I see that there is a different forum for feature requests. I'll post it there.
(09-29-2018, 07:36 PM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I see that there is a different forum for feature requests. I'll post it there.
Its ok, I'll answer them here.

(09-29-2018, 07:37 PM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, I can't describe how much I love SaT and how much it helps me with multitabling on different websites. Really good job man.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the support.

(09-29-2018, 07:37 PM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]Now my question is: is it possible to give tables of a certain website priority, so that they are pushed first in the stack when they need action? I can't find anything about it in the forums, but maybe I missed it. 

I would love this feature because Partypoker gives us a much smaller action time and timebank compared to 888poker, so I would like to decide on partypoker tables immidiately when they require action.

Good question. Right now, this is not possible. How SaT works is, the most urgent table pops up first. That is, the table that requires action first. So, lets take this example. Suppose the 888 table requires action first. SaT brings it to the top of the stack. Then after that, the Party table requires action. SaT currently queues it up behind the 888 table. You are requesting that the Party table have priority. So in your instance, the 888 table is on top requiring your action. And you are deciding and about to click an action. But now, your Party table requires action, and you want it to have priority, so it pops to the top, OVER your 888 table. And you were just about to click to act on the 888 table. And the Party table pops over it, so now you misclick and click on the Party table instead. How would that be handled in your request?

(09-29-2018, 07:37 PM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively (if what I just asked is not possible), is it possible to make 2 different stacks? So in my case one for partypoker and one for 888poker?

2 separate stacks are not possible. However you could achieve this effect by running two separate instances of SaT, each with their own separate grid layouts, making sure that the slot locations don't overlap in each. See this page for more info, and let me know what you think:

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/run...-instances
Alright I see what you mean with the misclicks. I did not think that through, very good point and makes my request pretty much impossible. 

I will set up 2 instances of SaT. I was under the impression (I thought I read it somewhere) that I am not allowed to run 2 instances of SaT at the same time but maybe that was about using it at the same time on 2 different computers. Anyway, this will pretty much solve my problem. Thanks for the info Smile
(09-30-2018, 06:10 AM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]Alright I see what you mean with the misclicks. I did not think that through, very good point and makes my request pretty much impossible. 
There may be a way that I haven't thought of as well. Just letting you know the first thing that comes to mind with this.

(09-30-2018, 06:10 AM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]I will set up 2 instances of SaT. I was under the impression (I thought I read it somewhere) that I am not allowed to run 2 instances of SaT at the same time but maybe that was about using it at the same time on 2 different computers. Anyway, this will pretty much solve my problem. Thanks for the info Smile
Right, you just can't use the same license code on two computers at the same time. But two instances should be ok. Its not a common use-case, but it might work for what you're trying.
I tried out using 2 instances of SaT, PP stack and grid on my left screen and 888poker stack and grid on my right screen. Works perfectly Smile 

Just one last idea about my request, because I would hate myself if I wouldn't mention and try it: 

Maybe you could incorporate sth like the ability to have different 'Move to Grid' options for different poker sites. Then I could have 888poker move out of stack 'after entering pot' and have Partypoker move out 'when action required' or 'when dealt cards'. If I'm not mistaken I could never misclick because PP tables would move out of the stack when they pop up. 

I really have no clue about encoding and building programs like this (is why I'm so happy there are people like you) so I don't know how complicated it is to incorporate this. But it's worth a try!
(10-02-2018, 06:13 AM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]I tried out using 2 instances of SaT, PP stack and grid on my left screen and 888poker stack and grid on my right screen. Works perfectly Smile 
Great

(10-02-2018, 06:13 AM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]Just one last idea about my request, because I would hate myself if I wouldn't mention and try it: 

Maybe you could incorporate sth like the ability to have different 'Move to Grid' options for different poker sites. Then I could have 888poker move out of stack 'after entering pot' and have Partypoker move out 'when action required' or 'when dealt cards'. If I'm not mistaken I could never misclick because PP tables would move out of the stack when they pop up. 

I really have no clue about encoding and building programs like this (is why I'm so happy there are people like you) so I don't know how complicated it is to incorporate this. But it's worth a try!
Hmmm. This might be possible. Consider that Party tables still will pop to the top of the stack if the grid is full and there are no free slots available. But normally they would move to the grid, and then you would mostly only be playing 888 out of the stack.

I will think about it
(10-02-2018, 06:13 AM)Beefest Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you could incorporate sth like the ability to have different 'Move to Grid' options for different poker sites. Then I could have 888poker move out of stack 'after entering pot' and have Partypoker move out 'when action required' or 'when dealt cards'.
I've looked over the code and this is actually a bigger change than I thought it would be. I'm hesitant adding this because the Move To Grid setting touches many parts of the codebase and there is risk of breaking other stuff. I'm going to shelve the idea for now, but may revisit it.

Perhaps for now the best method for you is to use Move To Grid = When Dealt Cards, to ensure the most possible time for your Party decisions