StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: New Stack and Tile Modes: Automatic Moving of Tiled tables, and Prioritisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

foolme

Here's a feature request. The goal is to minimize mouse movement when dealing with lots of tables that are out of the stack.

Let's say I have 4 tiles. Tile #1 is my stack, and Tiles #2 through #4 are regular tiles.

I think it would be awesome to have regular tiles automatically pushed to the previous slot number as tables return to the stack. Here is an example:

I am using Stack and Tile mode, with tiling of tables after reaching the flop.
I have 3 tables that have reached postflop.
When table #2 returns to the stack, I would like table #3 to move into tile #2. (and consequently, table #4 would move to tile #3).

This would allow for minimal movement of the mouse when dealing with tables that have reached postflop.

This could further be improved by prioritizing the movement of tables by using "modes" a user could chose.
For example "timebank mode", where tables are prioritized depending on the remaining timebank. Or "size of pot mode", where bigger pots get prioritized. Perhaps even by poker room. etc.

What do you think?
(02-06-2019, 03:45 AM)foolme Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a feature request. The goal is to minimize mouse movement when dealing with lots of tables that are out of the stack.

Let's say I have 4 tiles. Tile #1 is my stack, and Tiles #2 through #4 are regular tiles.

I think it would be awesome to have regular tiles automatically pushed to the previous slot number as tables return to the stack. Here is an example:

I am using Stack and Tile mode, with tiling of tables after reaching the flop.
I have 3 tables that have reached postflop.
When table #2 returns to the stack, I would like table #3 to move into tile #2. (and consequently, table #4 would move to tile #3).

This would allow for minimal movement of the mouse when dealing with tables that have reached postflop.

There is a hotkey in SaT called "Re-fill grid" which does this. By default, the hotkey will move as few tables as possible. So, in your example, you have slot 1 as your stack, and slots 2,3,4 filled with tables. When the table in slot 2 moves back to the stack, now the grid has slot 2 open, and slots 3 and 4 filled. Using the hotkey would move the table in slot 4 to slot 2. This is the default. You can also configure the hotkey to do what you are suggesting, which is 3->2, and then 4->3.

The reason this isn't done automatically is to prevent misclicks. You could be going to act on one table, and then the software would be shifting multiple tables around the grid. By assigning the action to a hotkey, you know to expect a shift in the grid tables, because you are deliberately triggering it.

(02-06-2019, 03:45 AM)foolme Wrote: [ -> ]This could further be improved by prioritizing the movement of tables by using "modes" a user could chose.
For example "timebank mode", where tables are prioritized depending on the remaining timebank. Or "size of pot mode", where bigger pots get prioritized. Perhaps even by poker room. etc.
Those are good ideas, but not feasible at the moment. SaT currently doesn't keep track of tables with the timebank visible, nor does it track the potsize. These would be more complicated to implement

foolme

Thanks for answering,

That's unfortunate, I would have been a huge fan of the "time left to act" (not the timebank) prioritization mode,
Anyhow, keep up the good work, I have been using the trial version of SaT for a couple days to see if it can fit my needs, I am pretty impressed!
Yeah sorry, its not easy to always scan all of these elements reliably across all sites. But glad that you are liking the software so far!