StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Problem with hot keys on poker stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alex

Hello . I have long had such an unpleasant problem at PokerStars. I have configured the Call Pass and F5 F6 and F7 boost keys. And once two times in a session. When I press the F5 fold key, the Call place of the pass is triggered. Tell me what's wrong. This problem applies only to poker stars on the other five rooms this has never happened before.
I'm sorry to hear this. It should not ever happen.

First let me explain something how the Fold hotkey works. Normally SAT just sends a click to the 1st / left button on the table, which is the fold button. However, when you can check for free, PokerStars (and some other sites too), remove the fold button, and only show the 2nd and 3rd (middle and right) buttons for Check and Bet. And so, some players want the Fold hotkey to also click the Check button when you can check for free, so SAT will try to do this. SAT first looks to determine if the Fold button is not visible. If its not visible, then SAT will still first try to click the Fold button anyway just to be safe, and then after that, it will send another click to the 2nd / middle button, which should be the Check button. I guess the problem you're having, is that this button is really the Call button, not the Check button. However, as I mentioned, SAT still first tries to click the Fold button anyway as a safety precaution, so I'm not sure why this is happening to you.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Are you playing on only 1 skin of PokerStars? Or are you playing on 2 or more, such as .COM and .EU together? If so, you need to make sure both skins are identical.

2. Use the SAT menu item for Help -> Show Testing Info, and make sure that Action Required changes from NO to YES to NO, when its your turn to act and when not your turn to act

3. If those 2 above seem fine, then we will try turning off the "check for free" feature, and see if that solves it, and then we will know where to investigate futher. Click File->Current Layout, scroll down until you see the PokerStarsXXXX_included_xxxx lines, and add this line alongside them:

Code:
PokerStarsMercury_included_click_check_if_fold_not_visible=0

Change the PokerStarsMercury to match whatever the other lines say. Save the file, and then completely close out SAT, and then reopen it. This will now turn off the "check for free" feature, so the Fold hotkey will not click the Check button anymore. Then play a session, and lets see if you still get the problem or not.