StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: GG problem with tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-23-2020, 02:05 AM)Diceyy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the tables are changing size, because like I said, my grid is based on the GG table size, and the tables are auto opening to the correct size.

If I close SaT and then restart, it works fine for 5-10 mins and then begins trying to resize tables again.

I'm not sure what's happening but for whatever reason, it seems SaT is recognising a table resize incorrectly

What SAT does is, when it first finds a new table, it tries to resize it to the same size that was used during Include Site setup. Usually this works fine. Then, while SAT is running, it keeps checking to make sure that the tables are the same size. If it notices that the tables are a different size, such as if you accidentally resized one with your mouse, then SAT simply tries to resize it back again. Since that is whats happening, then somehow the GG tables are changing size mid-session, and SAT is trying to resize them back.

Its possible that the GG tables are somehow changing size very imperceptively. We could determine if thats the case by turning on the logging and checking the log file. But I'm releasing new version 2.99.10 right now, and it includes a 3 pixel grace for GG network, so lets see if that helps

Diceyy

The update did not work for me.
(08-23-2020, 02:36 AM)Diceyy Wrote: [ -> ]The update did not work for me.

Did not work how? The same GG resizing problem, or other problems?

Diceyy

Same resizing problem. Even with tiled tables that appear to be perfectly aligned it happens.

I think I have found a workaround though. It appears that placing my stack slot partially off the right hand side of my screen, drastically reduces the chance of it happening for whatever reason, as long as the tables remain stacked. As soon as I allow them to stay in the grid for a few minutes, SaT tries to resize them. 

Surely I would notice a 3 pixel change in size while I'm staring at the table?
Not sure why placing the stack slot off screen would affect it. Unless maybe it has something to do with Windows' internal snap to edge feature.

3 pixels is fairly small, but the change was to allow anything less than that... so if SAT detects that somehow the GG table has changed size within 3 pixels either direction, SAT now ignores that and doesn't try to resize it back.

What i'd like you to do is this.. click File->Current Layout, and add this line underneath [settings]:

Code:
[settings]
logging=1

Save the file, and then click Save on the Layout tab so that SAT reopens. Press Start, and wait for the GG resizing issue to start happening. Let it happen a few times until the FAILURE RESIZING error shows. Then press Stop. Don't press Start again, because that will overwrite the logfile

Then go to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\StackAndTile\

and you should see the "logg.txt" file in that folder. Send me that file to: support(at)stackandtile(dot)com
Pages: 1 2