StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Hotkey for Bet Pot % breaks down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Pong

Hey

When trying to use any "Bet Pot %" hotkey in small pots where the percentage would be under 1bb SaT tries to input a '0.xx' and often renders the "Bet Pot %" hotkey to not always input the right number even if the new input now would be more than 1BB. This is with tournaments on Big Blinds stack view

If it's not clear let me know and I'll make a video about it

Thank you
What site does this happen on?

Do you have the SAT advanced option turned on to "Send bets in BBs not $s"?

Pong

Pokerstars, I turned on the advanced option, but it still acts up after once less than minimum tried was inputted, it is then begins submitting numbers between 0 and 1
What version number of SAT are you using?

Can you try this version 2.99.15m

https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Sta...29915m.exe

Pong

2.99.15-highDPI

With the new version it had become worse
(11-05-2021, 05:22 PM)Pong Wrote: [ -> ]Hey

When trying to use any "Bet Pot %" hotkey in small pots where the percentage would be under 1bb SaT tries to input a '0.xx' and often renders the "Bet Pot %" hotkey to not always input the right number even if the new input now would be more than 1BB. This is with tournaments on Big Blinds stack view

If it's not clear let me know and I'll make a video about it

Thank you

Hmmmm... I just realized that you said this happens in small pots only. Is the 3rd betsize preset button visible on the table during this time? Because here is the algorithm that SAT uses:

1. Click the 3rd betsize button on the table (which the user should have configured to full 100% pot)
2. Read the betbox
3. Calc the % based on the value read from step 2
4. Input new bet

Now, if #1 fails because that 3rd betsize button is disabled, then in #2 SAT will be reading whatever value is already in the betbox, and the calc will end up being incorrect

But

In subsequent uses of the hotkey, as long as that 3rd "pot" betsize button is visible, then the hotkey should work in those cases

A video might help if you can give some more insight

Pong

I think it goes like this: if the first "Bet Pot %" hotkey would be less than the minimum amount then SaT fails to input any following "Bet Pot %" hotkey pushes. This happens in limped and single raised pots but not exclusive to them. In the 2.99.15m it is now also tried to input 0.01 BB (didnt seen this in 2.99.15-highDPI)

Betbox buttons on PS: 30%, 60%, Pot, in 2.99.15m the "Pot" has also started blinking sometimes

If you want to see what happens exactly i'll make the video let me know

Pong

Update: It has become a lot worse; SaT inputs bet sizes now significantly slower (this is an issue when multitabling) and the mouse started to jump from predefined location with every hotkey press (I'm only using keyboard). Reinstalling 2.99.15-highDPI for now
I have some ideas, check back
Ok

First, StarsAurora software is just trash. Lets get that out of the way. Make sure you're using "Carbon Lite" theme inside Stars. That seems to perform the best. Then re-Include the site into SAT.
Other performance tweaks inside Stars:
Turn on "Aurora Graphics Quality" = High (counterintuitively)
Disable all the other aurora animations bullshit

(11-06-2021, 08:50 PM)Pong Wrote: [ -> ]Update: It has become a lot worse; SaT inputs bet sizes now significantly slower (this is an issue when multitabling) and the mouse started to jump from predefined location with every hotkey press (I'm only using keyboard). Reinstalling 2.99.15-highDPI for now
In previous versions, SAT would send all Hotkey clicks to StarsAurora without moving the mouse. However, multiple players have noticed a bug that started occurring early 2021 after one of the Aurora updates. What would happen is, they would try to physically click on a Stars table to Fold for example (click Fold button with mouse, not use hotkey), and the table would not register the click. It would take multiple clicks to activate/focus the table and for the table to accept the mouse click input.

I believe this bug started happening because PokerStars changed how they handle click processing. People on 2p2 were noticing issues as well, with other poker softwares, and even with just Stars itself. So the solution for me was, if we move the mouse when sending a Hotkey click, then normal mouse clicks no longer get stuck like that. Its not a great solution, but it works.

So this will be the default going forward. However, if you never use your mouse to click the table, and solely use Hotkeys for all actions, then that bug might not bother you. So in new versions (including the one below), you will find a checkbox in SAT Advanced Options to "Send PokerStars hotkey clicks without moving the mouse", which should give you the old functionality back.

(11-05-2021, 05:22 PM)Pong Wrote: [ -> ]When trying to use any "Bet Pot %" hotkey in small pots where the percentage would be under 1bb SaT tries to input a '0.xx' and often renders the "Bet Pot %" hotkey to not always input the right number even if the new input now would be more than 1BB.
So what I found was, that the preset BetSize button for "Pot" on the Stars table will not work, if the size in the betbox is too small. I think if the size is under the minimum allowable bet. I tested this with SAT turned off, and if I typed in the betbox a small value, below the min betsize, and then I tried to click the "Pot" betsize button on the table, sometimes it would work, and sometimes it would fail silently and just not allow me to click it, or if I clicked it, nothing would happen.

So one of the changes in this version, is that when you press the BetPot% hotkey, SAT will first click the 4th betsize ("Max") button, which should reset the betbox to an all-in size, and then immediately after, press the 3rd betsize ("Pot") button, in order to set the betbox back to the full pot size. SAT should then be able to grab/cpoy the amount successfully and do the calculation.

There are some other small changes as well to try to help reliability and speed.

Please try this version:

v2.99.15n
https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Sta...29915n.exe

v2.99.15n-highDPI
https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Sta...ighDPI.exe

Let me know how it goes
Pages: 1 2 3