StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Going back to stack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello

I started using SAT 2 days ago and like it a lot. but there is still one thing that would help me a lot and I just cant make it work well.

First of all - I play tournaments across 6-7 sites + 4-5 another at sundays. I decided to make 2 stacks, one for PokerStars and one for all other sites.

PokerStars setup seems to work very well so far.

The problem is with other sites setup. On some of them clicking Fold button on the table wont make table move back to stack. Sites that I had this problem on : Everest and Ongame ( default settings ), Microgaming and Bossmedia ( my configs). I will also add that I made some configs (Party, 888) that works fine in this matter.

Funny thing is that sometimes it will actually work on each of these sites. Proportins are something like 1 time work on 15-20 times not work. But at the same time, even on stars it wont sometimes work, but very rarely. Which brings me to a conclusion, that I have really no idea why its happening, but since sometimes it works fine, there has to be way to make it working good all the time.

Any ideas ?

Ok I was still testing and seems I got it done to some point.

Before I post on forum I tried "fold and stack" hotkey, but it didnt work on Ongame correctly (would move to stack but not fold). Anyway I decided to try it again, but this time on other sites that I had problems with. It looks good so far, but ofcourse I did just brief testing. The only problem would be Ongame, but also there I think I found solution - right click on fold button. Again - it was just short testing and I might be just lucky Smile

So for now the problem looks to be fixed, I will write again if this solution would not work in long run.

Only sites that I didnt managed to config at all are Bodog and Cake. The problem with Bodog is that table background is in same colour as buttons, so it just detect it all the time and move to grid. Problem with Cake is that SAT cant even recognize table when I try to config it. Anyway 9 sites that I play most on are successfully configured, so I like it as it is.

Thanks for great software.
First, I'm glad that you have taken the time to test the program and tweak it to your liking. You seem to have a good grasp of how it works.

For the mouse click on 'fold' button problem, the only idea I have is that there are so many tables and clicks that the program is getting backed up. When "Left Click Detection" (advanced options) is enabled to detect mouse clicks, SaT must check every time you click the mouse. You'd be surprised how many random clicks you make just clicking between windows, and it can sometimes get backed up. But 1 out of 20 is not very good.

Another reason could be the table size. Just as you saw when you were making your own configs for unsupported sites, SaT simply grabs a rectangle of the fold button and looks for clicks on the table within that region. This is based off of the default table size. If your grid slot size is very large or small, that fold rectangle is scaled proportionally, but on some sites (ongame for example) their buttons arent in the same proportionate location. I've added hacks to try to accomodate for this, but sometimes its still off.

What you can try, (if you are not satisfied with using the fold+stack hotkey and want to use mouse instead), is creating custom configs for each site instead of using the built in settings. And of course make sure to use the table size that you plan on using when going through the wizard.

Re: the fold+stack hotkey, another user just recently reported the same problem using RButton on OnGame, maybe their software is just not liking the right mouse click. Try using a different key and see if that matters.

As for Bodog, I've never gotten to trying that site, but you are exactly correct that if the table background is the same color as the fold button, then SaT will mistakenly detect the tables as needing action. If you can mod the bodog graphics you could get around this. As for CakePoker, don't even get me started. Their software is the nut worst in regards to poker clients. Nothing I've tried works for version2 of their software. I've given up

After first 3 days of grind I have to say its pretty cool. I basically added 1/3 more MTTs to my schedule and seems that not only its not get harder to play, but even easier. Also I have 1 monitor free all the time, playing up to 30 tables. Working out well for me so far.

Fold + stack works well everywhere but on Everest and Ongame. On Ongame it move to stack but not fold, on Everest it fold but not move to stack Big Grin. Anyway its not a problem at all, since on Ongame you can right click on fold button and on Everest just click it twice and it will fold with first and move to stack with second.

Biggest problem right now is that sometimes random lobby will be read as table and moved to grid. But thats probably gonna got fixed when I will sit down and make all configs again, just paying more attention to this part of config.

There is also other problem with Ongame, sometimes random new table wont be added to grid when action is on (and thats while other Ongame tables works well). Stopping SAT, removing Ongame config and adding it again helps, but obv its almost impossible to do while playing 20+ tables. It might be problem with resizing, so here comes my question : while doing configs, should I use default sizes of table window for each pokerroom, or sizes I will use later on ?

(03-09-2012, 01:48 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Biggest problem right now is that sometimes random lobby will be read as table and moved to grid. But thats probably gonna got fixed when I will sit down and make all configs again, just paying more attention to this part of config.

I can help you with this. If you're using the new 2.0.3 version, there is a hidden hotkey CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + T and if you click on a table and press that combination, it will copy the window title of table for purposes such as this. Then you can just paste it here to the forum and I will help you exclude these lobbys.

Quote:There is also other problem with Ongame, sometimes random new table wont be added to grid when action is on (and thats while other Ongame tables works well). Stopping SAT, removing Ongame config and adding it again helps, but obv its almost impossible to do while playing 20+ tables. It might be problem with resizing, so here comes my question : while doing configs, should I use default sizes of table window for each pokerroom, or sizes I will use later on ?

The best thing to do if you are making custom site configs is to use the table size that matches your SaT gridsize (so yes the same size as you will play on). It should work regardless, but if the table is bigger or smaller, then SaT has to do a bunch of math to re-calculate the coordinates and on some sites (OnGame is one) the proportions don't match up

Actually I fixed it today. It took me about 3 hours to configure and test all 8 sites again, but it was worth it. Its really comfortable now to grind Smile

At this point I think this is optimal I can have. Tried to config Ongame about 10 times, but it just wont work perfectly.