StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Hotkeys issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just started using SnT and have the following issues:

The hotkeys don't work when using an external number pad. E.G. I want to use the "/" key on the numberpad to move tables out of the stack but that hotkey only works when pressing that key on my laptop keyboard. It is not a problem with numlock etc as the numberpad types "/" fine in the chatbox

Secondly, when running SnT and Key Poker simultaneously the "Shft+S" hotkey doesn't work to stack the tables. I have changed to "Alt+S" and it works but this seemed strange as using "Shift+D" to disable hotkeys still works.

Also, what are the different scan modes under advanced options?
(03-11-2012, 03:45 AM)willmichigan Wrote: [ -> ]The hotkeys don't work when using an external number pad. E.G. I want to use the "/" key on the numberpad to move tables out of the stack but that hotkey only works when pressing that key on my laptop keyboard. It is not a problem with numlock etc as the numberpad types "/" fine in the chatbox

I imagine you are using "/" as the key for the hotkey action. Can you try using "NumpadDiv" instead?

here is a list of all the special keynames that would be used in SaT:
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm

Quote:Secondly, when running SnT and Key Poker simultaneously the "Shft+S" hotkey doesn't work to stack the tables. I have changed to "Alt+S" and it works but this seemed strange as using "Shift+D" to disable hotkeys still works.

Is this only when Key Poker is running? Does "SHIFT+S" work when SaT is used alone?

Quote:Also, what are the different scan modes under advanced options?

Those are the technical programmatical methods of scraping the tables for the visibility of the fold button or not. DWM is the fastest if you use Aero desktop theme in windows. The others are slower but are there for backward compatibility with Windows XP or if people don't use Aero
Hotkeys now work with the "NumpadDiv" etc - thanks

"Shift+S" and "Shift+T" works when Key poker is not running but stops working when it is running. I have no hotkeys set up in Keypoker. This isn't a problem for me now as I now use "Alt+S" instead, but might be something worth looking into for the future

Do the different scan modes make a big difference? I currently have Windows 7 but Aero disabled so SnT runs under PW. Would it be better to enable aero and run under DWM or will it not make a noticeable difference?
(03-12-2012, 12:40 AM)willmichigan Wrote: [ -> ]"Shift+S" and "Shift+T" works when Key poker is not running but stops working when it is running. I have no hotkeys set up in Keypoker. This isn't a problem for me now as I now use "Alt+S" instead, but might be something worth looking into for the future

Maybe Key Poker uses 'shift' as a global hotkey to trigger other actions even if you arent using them, and therefore is overriding SaT. If more people complain and report it, I'll look into it. If SaT works fine when its not running, I want to assume that KP is the problem. The one time I installed Key Poker I couldn't really get it to work.

Quote:Do the different scan modes make a big difference? I currently have Windows 7 but Aero disabled so SnT runs under PW. Would it be better to enable aero and run under DWM or will it not make a noticeable difference?

I like to go by the mantra, "if it aint broke dont fix it." Its a trade off, depending upon how powerful your machine is:

1. Aero desktop takes more resources for all of your windows applications to make the see-through glass borders. So that *might* slow down your system, but when running SaT, you get the benefit of using DWM scan mode which is almost instantaneous.

2. With Aero disabled, all of windows will run faster. But you're limited to using PW scan mode in SaT which takes about 100ms to scan each table. This can add up if youre playing a bunch of tables. But I've implemented hacks to only scan 8 tables at the time, etc, to compensate for this.

If your computer is very fast and powerful, the best performance with SaT you will get will be with Aero/DWM. But if you notice no issues right now, then you should be good.

Another performance tweak would be to turn off "Left Click Detection" under the advanced options. This setting detects every mouse click you make, checking to see if you clicked on fold/call/raise. If you play with hotkeys only, its unnecessary. If you do click on the buttons sometimes, you would want to keep it enabled so that if you click on fold, the table will return to stack.