StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Auto-stack please no
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi greg,

I've been using your program since the start and I've always been very happy about it.
Been out of poker for quite some time but I'm back now and I've downloaded your recent update.

I noticed 2 annoyances or bugs that are introduced:

1) Auto-Stack at finished hand
I play 24 tables. Sometimes when I'm playing a table, and the hand finishes, StackAndTile wants to automatically re-stack the hand because it is finished.
While this idea seems logic, it's actually a bit annoying and sometimes dangerous:
It happens that the hand finishes, and I get dealt a new hand immediately, and I want to click the "fold" button or pre-action "fold" and a fraction before I click the "fold", it re-stacks and a new table appears in that slot, so I accidentally fold a complete different table.

Because 24-tabling happens very fast, these situations occur very often and it's a bit annoying ( and -EV ).

Could you give the option to disable it, or just disable it overall?
I just want full manual control at all times on when to move a table back to the stack and when not, to prevent any mistakes.

2) Table moving around
Sometimes I also see a table moving from Slot 2 to another slot suddenly. I'm not sure that this is a new bug that has been introduced.
But now that I'm thinking about it, this could possibly be caused by the exact same "feature" that I mentioned here above.
So again, I see a table, I want to do an action or I'm ready to do an action, and suddenly it moves to another slot while in the current slot a new table appears, so I accidentally fold, call or raise on the wrong table + I have to repeat my action for that table in the different slot.

I hope you can address these issues in the near future. Thanks for your work.

Greetzz
(09-27-2012, 03:36 AM)Mercediator Wrote: [ -> ]Hi greg,

I've been using your program since the start and I've always been very happy about it.
Been out of poker for quite some time but I'm back now and I've downloaded your recent update.

I noticed 2 annoyances or bugs that are introduced:

1) Auto-Stack at finished hand
I play 24 tables. Sometimes when I'm playing a table, and the hand finishes, StackAndTile wants to automatically re-stack the hand because it is finished.
While this idea seems logic, it's actually a bit annoying and sometimes dangerous:
It happens that the hand finishes, and I get dealt a new hand immediately, and I want to click the "fold" button or pre-action "fold" and a fraction before I click the "fold", it re-stacks and a new table appears in that slot, so I accidentally fold a complete different table.

Because 24-tabling happens very fast, these situations occur very often and it's a bit annoying ( and -EV ).

Could you give the option to disable it, or just disable it overall?
I just want full manual control at all times on when to move a table back to the stack and when not, to prevent any mistakes.

Hrmmm, yes very good point.

You can already disable it in Advanced Options, there is a new checkbox to turn that feature off.

I, too, like full manual control, so I will always give that option. I have been thinking more about this whole 'End of Hand' feature and some people are confused. I might turn it OFF by default, that way if people want to turn it on, they have to learn how its used and understand the implications.

Quote:2) Table moving around
Sometimes I also see a table moving from Slot 2 to another slot suddenly. I'm not sure that this is a new bug that has been introduced.
But now that I'm thinking about it, this could possibly be caused by the exact same "feature" that I mentioned here above.
So again, I see a table, I want to do an action or I'm ready to do an action, and suddenly it moves to another slot while in the current slot a new table appears, so I accidentally fold, call or raise on the wrong table + I have to repeat my action for that table in the different slot.

I hope you can address these issues in the near future. Thanks for your work.

Greetzz

Yes, it could be the same issue. SaT could think that the hand is over, move the table back to the stack. Then another different table requries action, and moves into that slot. Then the original table requires action, and moves into the next available slot.

There is a good way to test: in Advanced Options, you will notice new "Notifications" settings. These will give you a little popup in the lower right of the screen, telling you what SaT is doing. This may give you more clues.

Probably if you turn off the option to 'Stack table at the End of Hand', these will go away. But please ttest and let me know.
I hadn't noticed that there is an "Advanced Options" button, thanks for pointing that out.

So the option is already there, great!

I'll try it out in a session later on, and I will get back to you in the case when I'm still having issues.
But I'm guessing it will be solved after unchecking that checkbox.
For some reason it doesn't want to work.

I'm playing Zoom tables now on Pokerstars and I have 4 tables and I don't want any auto-stacking because in Zoom that's just not necessary.
However, everytime when I click the fold button, it automatically stacks immediately.

"Send tables to stack at end of hand" is not activated however. What's causing this then?

I still want to use stack and tile for this because it automatically tiles my tables at the start which is handy, but more importantly I can keep using the hotkeys that I've defined.

None of these hotkeys has a "move to stack" action behind them so that's not the cause either by the way. Even when I manually click the Fold button it moves it back to the stack at that exact moment.

EDIT: never mind, I've used the "fix grid" option or something, and that keeps them in place as well Smile
(10-05-2012, 02:03 AM)Mercediator Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason it doesn't want to work.

I'm playing Zoom tables now on Pokerstars and I have 4 tables and I don't want any auto-stacking because in Zoom that's just not necessary.
However, everytime when I click the fold button, it automatically stacks immediately.

This is different. When you click on the Fold button with the mouse, SaT also re-stacks the table by default.

To turn this off, you want to uncheck "Left Mouse Click Detection" in Advanced Options
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/advanced-options

Quote:None of these hotkeys has a "move to stack" action behind them so that's not the cause either by the way. Even when I manually click the Fold button it moves it back to the stack at that exact moment.

If you use a "Fold" hotkey, then the table should NOT get restacked. As you noted, with hotkeys, only the "+Stack" variants do that.

Quote:EDIT: never mind, I've used the "fix grid" option or something, and that keeps them in place as well Smile

Keep In Grid? Yes that will lock the table in the grid