StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Tables Getting Lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

a43

Playing on Stars

Occasionally a table is neither tiled or in the stack. The only way to see it is when Stars highlights it in the Taskbar. I click on its icon in the taskbar, that brings it up, and it gets tiled. It doesn't come out of the stack, but from "somewhere else".

So its a table that was meant to be stacked, but somehow did not get stacked, and got lost. Thus it doesn't get automatically placed into tile when there is action waiting. Instead, it must be tiled manually via the taskbar or else it will be "lost" (not recalled on next waiting action).

Why does this happen / how can it be fixed?

Thank you
Hrmmm this is weird. I don't know why its happening.

Are you certain that this table was stacked to begin with? What I mean is, did you send a "stack table" hotkey to it at the start? Or maybe you have New Tables set up to automatically send tables to the stack? Is your stack located off-screen?

Where do you think that the table is located? Suppose you see Stars highlight the table in the taskbar. If you were to STOP SaT, and then click on the icon in the taskbar, where would this table appear? Would it be in the stack slot location?

a43

New tables = grid (so they all get tiled to start)

Tables go to stack either after 'stack table' hotkey or 'fold & stack' hotkey is pressed.

So every table gets opened and eventually sent to the stack (including ones that end up getting lost), because this is the only they ever leave the grid/tile after being opened or action-waiting (other than being manually closed if they're undesirable).

Stack location is partially off screen (approx halfway off screen, so I can still see the tables but so the stack don't take up too much space, since I will tile a table from the stack via hotkey if I need to see it fully).

If I stop SAT and bring up the table from taskbar, it appears in the tile / grid (not in the stack).
-It also gets brought up with some animation (as would happen to a window that got "restored from taskbar" after being "minimized" via the little minimize button on the top left of every window).
-It also remains part of the "tiled tables" counter on the main tab of SAT while SAT is running.
-The slot it was in doesn't get used by tables coming up from the stack in the future

So from my simplistic understanding, it seems that the table simply gets "minimized" instead of being sent to stack. I am 100% sure this is not the result of me mouse-clicking the windows minimize button.

The problem happens maybe a couple of times per hour, so its somewhat rare, but still persistent.

Thanks for your detailed response, this helps eliminate a lot of possibilities.

One thing I need clarity on.. initially you said that the 'lost' table is neither in the stack nor the grid. But then when you click on its icon in the taskbar, then it DOES pop into the grid. But on this last post, if I understand correctly, the table IS in fact in the grid, just not visible for some reason. . SaT has it listed as a "Tiled Table" on the main window tab, and that its slot gets passed over and unused by other tables needing action. So it seems that you are saying that the table is in fact tiled in the grid, but just minimized for some reason.

My original hunch was that the table was stacked within SaT, and that SaT was failling to recognize that it needed action (This will always fail when a table is somehow minimized). But then the act of restoring it to full size allows SaT to then see it again, and then instantly moves it to grid. Thats why I asked what might happen if you stopped SaT BEFORE restoring the table by clicking its icon.

One time when I was helping a user, he also had his stack partially off screen, and the part of the table that was offscreen included the fold/call/bet buttons. And tables weren't getting detected as needing action. When he rearranged it so that those were visible, SaT did start correctly detecting it. This was completely new to me because I am certain that I had tested it in the past where an offscreen stack slot still worked fine and that SaT would still detect action. But for this user, it didn't work. So maybe that is another thing to test just to see if that is the issue or not.