StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: AutoHotkey question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi greg,
I'm almost back to reboot my poker grinding career,
but I'm still having some technical difficulties with my other AutoHotkey script that I've made myself.

I wondered if I could ask you for some advice here.

I can no longer get my own hotkeys to work in my own scripts.
When I use my RButton while I'm on a PokerStars table, the AHK script misses it and PokerStars shows the "table theme menu" that you get from right clicking on a PS table.

However, when I use SAT and I use your RButton functionality, in your script it works just fine: AHK just grabs the RButton action and does the defined stuff in it, and PokerStars does not interfere by showing the "table theme menu".

So my question is: how did you make that possible?

I don't understand. My script used to work a year ago, but now PokerStars interferes so something must have changed in the PS software.

I would be very glad if you could give me some tip on this issue Shy
Honestly, I'm not doing anything special in regards to RButton. I will prompt the user if they DO want the original right mouse functionality, in which case I will add the ~ prefix to the hotkey, but this is shown within SaT. If that ~ prefix is present, you SHOULD still get the Stars popup.

Maybe its some issue with your AHK script. If you post it I'll take a brief look.

A simple AHK script like this should work everywhere including on Stars tables:

Code:
RButton::
   MsgBox, you right clicked
return
I've been very stupid.
I just had to run my scripts as Administrator :-)
Now it's fixed! Big Grin
Smile

Btw, usually you only have to run the scripts as admin if the program you are working with is run as admin. So for example, if Stars is forcing you to run as admin, then your AHK script will need the same privileges.