StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: PS-BUG when facing an all-in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I really like your software, and want to use it all the time when grinding, to be able to add those extra tables. However I've come across a bug which right now makes the software unusable for me.

My setup:
OS: Win7 x64, aero theme activated (so is DWM scan mode)
Client: PokerStars
Placement: 1 stack, and in total 6 grids. Move to grid after entering pot.
Hotkeys: Mbutton to stack a single table, in the odd case it doesn't auto stack. Use regular button clicking when deciding actions while playing, no hotkeys.
Table theme: Standard PS-black, with red felt.
Version running: 2.2.0

My problem:

Whether it's playing cash, or playing tourneys\sng's. When either facing an all-in bet where I can only call or fold, or facing an all-in bet where I can fold, call, raise, the table disappears from top of the stack, to the middle. The table now on top of the stack, is a table which requires no action. This also "chokes" up the other tables, because the software won't automatically bring the table needing action, to the top.

This also happens if I enter a pot, it moves to Table Slot 2, a player moves all-in and I have the option of calling or folding, the second it's my time to act, the table disappears into the middle of the stack, and prevents all of the other tables to getting to the top of the stack for me to give an action.

If I try to manually select the table where I am facing an all-in, the software automatically and instantly selects the table requiring no action, who was placed on top.

What's the problem?

Here's my Layout settings:

[settings]
table_width=808
table_height=584
total_slots=6
slot1x=0
slot1y=0
slot2x=808
slot2y=0
slot3x=1616
slot3y=0
slot4x=0
slot4y=584
slot5x=808
slot5y=584
slot6x=1616
slot6y=584
stack_slot=1
newtables_slot=1
move_on_street=preflop
oldtables_duration=5
oldtables_slot=1
scan_mode=DWM
move_to_grid=vpip
play_mode=SaT
activate_most_urgent=1
highlight_active_win=0
move_mouse_to_most_urgent=0
left_click_detection=1
stack_table_at_end_of_hand=1
check_holecard_for_end_of_hand=1
drag_drop_swap_slots=1
minimize_to_tray=0
show_table_count_while_running=0
notify_new_tables=1
notify_old_tables=1
notify_keep_in_grid=1
notify_ignore_table=1
notify_action_required=0
notify_end_of_hand=0
notification_duration=3
[general]
show_walkthru=0
gui_x=54
gui_y=350
last_tab=Layout
is_reloading=1
version=2.2.0.0
[sites]
number_of_sites=1
included_sites=PokerStarsClassic
PokerStarsClassic_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars\PokerStars.exe
PokerStarsClassic_included_resized_table_width=808
PokerStarsClassic_included_resized_table_height=584
PokerStarsClassic_included_hole_x_coord=609
PokerStarsClassic_included_hole_y_coord=404
PokerStarsClassic_included_fold_color=0x30375
PokerStarsClassic_included_call_color=0xd0b0b
PokerStarsClassic_included_bet_color=0x30252
PokerStarsClassic_included_table_color_behind_holecard=0x5b5b78
PokerStarsClassic_included_flop_x_coord=351
PokerStarsClassic_included_flop_y_coord=235
PokerStarsClassic_included_table_color_behind_flop=0x6666c5
[hotkeys]
number_of_hotkeys=1
hotkey1action=Stack table
hotkey1key=MButton
send_table_under_mouse=1

First, I would like some more clarity.

Quote:Whether it's playing cash, or playing tourneys\sng's. When either facing an all-in bet where I can only call or fold, or facing an all-in bet where I can fold, call, raise, the table disappears from top of the stack, to the middle. The table now on top of the stack, is a table which requires no action. This also "chokes" up the other tables, because the software won't automatically bring the table needing action, to the top.

Disappears from the top of the stack -> to the middle of the stack?

It looks like you are using 'Move to Grid' setting = Action Required. In this case, tables should always move out to a grid slot, unless the grid is full. Are you saying this is happening when the grid is full?

Quote:This also happens if I enter a pot, it moves to Table Slot 2, a player moves all-in and I have the option of calling or folding, the second it's my time to act, the table disappears into the middle of the stack, and prevents all of the other tables to getting to the top of the stack for me to give an action.

Here, it sounds like the table is correctly moving out of the stack and into the grid when action is required. Or it had already done that previously. But here you are saying that if someone shoves on you on a table that is in the grid, the table will move back into the stack?

The problem could be the fact that you are using Black theme in PokerStars, but within SaT you have chosen Classic theme. Can you remove PokerStarsClassic from SaT and include PokerStarsBlack and run your same two tests above?

And thank you very much for your detailed post. It saves a lot of time for both of us because I can eliminate ideas and get a better sense of your setup.
(01-09-2013, 01:56 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]First, I would like some more clarity.

Disappears from the top of the stack -> to the middle of the stack?

It looks like you are using 'Move to Grid' setting = Action Required. In this case, tables should always move out to a grid slot, unless the grid is full. Are you saying this is happening when the grid is full?

Firstly, I have move to grid = after entering pot.

I'll try to explain the problem more precisely.

Let's say that I am playing 10 tables, and all tables are in stack, 1-10. If it's my turn to act on table 3, it brings table 3 all the way to the top of the stack. If I then choose to play the hand, let's say I raise (VPIP), it moves to Grid, aka slot 2. All other 9 tables are still in stack. Then, if a player decides to move all-in after my raise, and the rest fold to me, giving me the option to either call, or fold, the table moves from grid and into the middle of the stack, making it impossible for me to either click fold or call.

So everytime this happens, I have to stop the software, and manually find the table in the stack. If I have the software on, and try to find the table, it automatically puts the table requiring action in the middle of the stack, and not on top, thus making it impossible to press call or fold.

And to be clear, all the grids are not occupied when this happens.

Quote:Here, it sounds like the table is correctly moving out of the stack and into the grid when action is required. Or it had already done that previously. But here you are saying that if someone shoves on you on a table that is in the grid, the table will move back into the stack?

Yes, I have entered a pot, and the table has moved out of the stack and into the grid. When the player moves all-in, and it's my turn to act however, it automatically moves into the stack as if the hand is finished, and it's impossible for me to bring it back up top without stopping the software.

Quote:The problem could be the fact that you are using Black theme in PokerStars, but within SaT you have chosen Classic theme. Can you remove PokerStarsClassic from SaT and include PokerStarsBlack and run your same two tests above?

The first time I set it up, I tried PokerStarsBlack, and then I noticed the bug. I've just recently tried setting it up as PokerStarsClassic just to see if it worked. It didn't make a difference.

Hopefully this have clarified the problem some at least?

(01-09-2013, 05:54 AM)ThinkTwice Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, I have move to grid = after entering pot.

Hrm, well then that layout config file that you pasted is incorrect..

(01-09-2013, 05:54 AM)ThinkTwice Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try to explain the problem more precisely.

Let's say that I am playing 10 tables, and all tables are in stack, 1-10. If it's my turn to act on table 3, it brings table 3 all the way to the top of the stack. If I then choose to play the hand, let's say I raise (VPIP), it moves to Grid, aka slot 2. All other 9 tables are still in stack. Then, if a player decides to move all-in after my raise, and the rest fold to me, giving me the option to either call, or fold, the table moves from grid and into the middle of the stack, making it impossible for me to either click fold or call.

So everytime this happens, I have to stop the software, and manually find the table in the stack. If I have the software on, and try to find the table, it automatically puts the table requiring action in the middle of the stack, and not on top, thus making it impossible to press call or fold.

Ok yeah, this is what I gathered from your initial post. However, when you manually find that table in the middle of the stack via the windows taskbar, SaT should allow it to come to the top as long as no other tables require action.

Quote:Yes, I have entered a pot, and the table has moved out of the stack and into the grid. When the player moves all-in, and it's my turn to act however, it automatically moves into the stack as if the hand is finished, and it's impossible for me to bring it back up top without stopping the software.

OH. Maybe SaT is detecting an End Of Hand? I see that you have that option enabled in your config file.

Can you turn on the Notification for End Of Hand in adv options? Then check and see if you get a popup from SaT saying that "End Of Hand is detected". That will definitely narrow the problem down

Quote:The first time I set it up, I tried PokerStarsBlack, and then I noticed the bug. I've just recently tried setting it up as PokerStarsClassic just to see if it worked. It didn't make a difference.

Hopefully this have clarified the problem some at least?

Ah ok. Well, actually I think it might be some type of problem with End Of Hand detection, so hopefully you can turn on that Notification and let me know if thats the culprit.
(01-09-2013, 07:39 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Hrm, well then that layout config file that you pasted is incorrect..

(01-08-2013, 08:25 PM)ThinkTwice Wrote: [ -> ]oldtables_duration=5
oldtables_slot=1
scan_mode=DWM
move_to_grid=vpip

I think that's "move to grid after entering pot" ?

Anyway, I will try to change skin to PokerStars Classic in the client, and try to set it all up again then and check if it works tomorrow. If that works, it probably has to be a bug with the PokerStars black skin combined with the software. But then again it would be weird if I was the first(and only?) one to experience it, since I tried searching and reading through older topics to find a similar problem - but didn't find any..

So fingers crossed!

Edit: Have already updated the software.
Whoops, my apologies.

Code:
move_on_street=preflop

I saw this line, but this is actually an old setting that I later renamed to the one that you quoted.

Anyway, I think it might have something to do with the End Of Hand detection. So after you've set up PokerStarsBlack, please turn on the Notification for End Of Hand and let me know if you get any popups when it happens.
I've tested the software now. The settings are the same, but I changed to PokerStars Classic skin, and didn't change any colors just to see if it worked, and then it worked flawlessly. I then changed back to PokerStars Black skin, and set up a new layout.ini with identical settings, and set up pokerstars black as client. This time the bug reappered, and I had to shut it down.

So it seems, for me, it works just fine with the classic skin, but not with the black skin, weirdly enough.. So I just have to play with the classic skin. Not a big deal, but have to readjust to the themes again when mass-tabling. Smile

Didn't get any popups from the "notification for end of hand", btw.
Hrm ok. Did you turn on the End Of Hand Notification in Advanced Options? Cause you had it off before..

Anyways, I will try to see if I can reproduce your error. I have been testing all the stuff with Black theme lately and never ran into this.
Yes, I turned it on in the new layout.ini, but didn't get any notifications.
Ok I'll see if I can find anything about this
Pages: 1 2