StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Still having issues with new version (s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

arthurdog@gmail.com

Still having some problems.

I still get the occasional 'urgent' table that jumps the queue to get to the top. This always results in a misclick. I have changed the setting you suggested last time, but still seems to not work all the time.

Also, how do I stop new tables going to the top of the stack? I want them in the stack, but not at the top.

Thanks.
(01-09-2013, 12:40 PM)arthurdog@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]I still get the occasional 'urgent' table that jumps the queue to get to the top. This always results in a misclick. I have changed the setting you suggested last time, but still seems to not work all the time.

Last time you said you were playing on Stars only, and you were using the Stars option to pop tables to the top? And you turned off all of SaT's options for bringing tables to the top? Can you confirm what your Stars setting is? And also post your full SaT config again?

Quote:Also, how do I stop new tables going to the top of the stack? I want them in the stack, but not at the top.

This option has been available for a while, I just never documented it on the website. I've now added it to the Extra Advanced Options help page

Add this line to your layout config file, under the [settings] heading:

Code:
send_new_tables_to_bottom=1

thearthurdog

[settings]
send_new_tables_to_bottom=1
table_width=640
table_height=468
total_slots=9
slot1x=-1920
slot1y=0
slot2x=-1280
slot2y=0
slot3x=-640
slot3y=0
stack_slot=2
newtables_slot=2
move_on_street=preflop
oldtables_duration=10
oldtables_slot=2
scan_mode=DWM
move_to_grid=never
play_mode=SaT
activate_most_urgent=1
highlight_active_win=0
move_mouse_to_most_urgent=0
left_click_detection=1
stack_table_at_end_of_hand=0
check_holecard_for_end_of_hand=0
drag_drop_swap_slots=1
minimize_to_tray=0
show_table_count_while_running=0
notify_new_tables=0
notify_old_tables=0
notify_keep_in_grid=0
notify_ignore_table=0
notify_action_required=0
notify_end_of_hand=0
notification_duration=3
slot4x=-1920
slot4y=468
slot5x=-1280
slot5y=468
slot6x=-640
slot6y=468
slot7x=0
slot7y=0
slot8x=0
slot8y=467
slot9x=640
slot9y=0
[general]
show_walkthru=0
gui_x=-2383
gui_y=619
last_tab=
is_reloading=0
version=2.2.0.1
v=fu
[sites]
PokerStarsNova_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars\PokerStars.exe
PokerStarsNova_included_resized_table_width=640
PokerStarsNova_included_resized_table_height=468
PokerStarsNova_included_fold_color=0x535353
PokerStarsNova_included_call_color=0x535353
PokerStarsNova_included_bet_color=0x565656
number_of_sites=1
included_sites=PokerStarsNova
[hotkeys]
number_of_hotkeys=3
hotkey1action=Keep table in grid
hotkey1key=K
hotkey2action=Fold + Stack table
hotkey2key=~RButton
hotkey3action=Move table to Next slot
hotkey3key=XButton1
send_table_under_mouse=1

thearthurdog

the second bit i did - so it should work

this is actually a new layout but based on the old one. i tried changing this - activate_most_urgent=1 - to 0, but then no tables came to the top.

my pokerstars settings i believe are all good,
(01-10-2013, 02:43 PM)thearthurdog Wrote: [ -> ]i tried changing this - activate_most_urgent=1 - to 0, but then no tables came to the top.

my pokerstars settings i believe are all good,

If you set that to 0 and no tables popped up, then you must have this PokerStars setting turned off:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/pokerstars

Can you confirm that?

Last time, you told me that you were gonna turn that setting ON in PokerStars, and then turn SaT's setting off. Can you try swapping them ?

thearthurdog

i tried that with no luck.

just to add more info, this only happens when things are 'busy'. i normally play 18-20 tables. if i am able to make quick decisions and get tables out of the way, it is fine, but if it is 'busy' then sometimes (and only sometimes) a table will jump the queque, all I want is for my tables to stay in order, with no movement based on anything other than the order they came up in
What do you mean with no luck? Did it work at all when using Stars to pop up tables? Did it fail in the same way when things get 'busy'?

Here's the thing:

I'm fairly certain that nothing is jumping the queue, because if it were, then it would be happening all the time.

My guess? When things get 'busy', you enter a pot with call/bet and the table leaves the stack and moves into grid. Once this happens, the next table underneath in the stack becomes visible to you. However, this table is not necesarily the next most urgent table in the queue. The stack just HOLDS all the tables. That's it. SaT will keep track of the next table needing action, and will bring that table to the top of the stack. And when it does, you perceive that something has jumped the queue, when in fact it was SaT simply bringing up the next table in line. You tried to act on the other table simply because it became visible when the top table moved out, while SaT was in the process of bringing up the next most urgent table.

If this is in fact what is happening, then one solution would be to speed up SaT's scanning speed, which would bring the tables up faster, hopefully before you attempt to act on a table in the stack that is not the most urgent. The default engine speed is 300ms when using DWM scan mode. You can try faster speeds using this setting in your config file:

Code:
[settings]
engine_delay=150

Try that and see how it goes. That would cut the delay between scans in half from the default, essentially doubling the scan speed. Keep in mind, the shorter the delay, the more CPU usage you will encounter.