StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Tournament lobbies treated as tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded the trial and am still working out the kinks. I imagine this is a common problem but couldn't find an answer. For WPT and Pokerstars(nova), whenever I open a tournament lobby it's treated as a new table and moved to my grid. Also on both sites the pop-up to register for a tournament is treated as a table as well. This would be easy enough to work around except that SaT resizes the WPT lobby and there's no way to make it full size again.

Also, I'm not sure whether to make a separate thread but i'll just add it in here. My revolution skin, red star poker didn't fold my hand when i set it up. I also tried to set it up as an "other" site and it still wouldn't fold. Since i don't use bet/fold/call hotkeys (yet) I just told SaT that the button folded my hand and it seems to be working fine as far as tiling and recognizing tables.

Thanks for the help
(01-29-2013, 10:03 AM)tom Wrote: [ -> ]I just downloaded the trial and am still working out the kinks. I imagine this is a common problem but couldn't find an answer. For WPT and Pokerstars(nova), whenever I open a tournament lobby it's treated as a new table and moved to my grid.

Are you using the built-in PokerStarsNova and PartyPokerModern settings? Or did you go through the custom site wizard?

Is it every tournament lobby or only some of them? This never happened in the past, perhaps something has recently changed.

Quote: Also on both sites the pop-up to register for a tournament is treated as a table as well. This would be easy enough to work around except that SaT resizes the WPT lobby and there's no way to make it full size again.

What pop up is this? How can I reproduce it?

Quote:Also, I'm not sure whether to make a separate thread but i'll just add it in here. My revolution skin, red star poker didn't fold my hand when i set it up. I also tried to set it up as an "other" site and it still wouldn't fold. Since i don't use bet/fold/call hotkeys (yet) I just told SaT that the button folded my hand and it seems to be working fine as far as tiling and recognizing tables.

Hrmmmm, with this problem, SaT will likely not recognize when its your turn to act, which could potentially cause problems down the line.

The Revolution software is one of the worst in existence, and I've tried hard to get things working properly. But I will look into it again
(01-29-2013, 10:11 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2013, 10:03 AM)tom Wrote: [ -> ]I just downloaded the trial and am still working out the kinks. I imagine this is a common problem but couldn't find an answer. For WPT and Pokerstars(nova), whenever I open a tournament lobby it's treated as a new table and moved to my grid.

Are you using the built-in PokerStarsNova and PartyPokerModern settings? Or did you go through the custom site wizard?

Is it every tournament lobby or only some of them? This never happened in the past, perhaps something has recently changed.

Quote: Also on both sites the pop-up to register for a tournament is treated as a table as well. This would be easy enough to work around except that SaT resizes the WPT lobby and there's no way to make it full size again.

What pop up is this? How can I reproduce it?

I actually erased and stopped using one of my custom sites. (I couldn't get luckyace to work with the built in 888 theme.) And i remade my luckyace template and everything seems to work fine now. It must've thought those windows were luckyace tables, or maybe I changed some other setting and didnt realize it. If you're still trying to reproduce it though, it's just the popup that comes up when you click to register from the tournament list on either site. It has the buyin and shows your bankroll and you have to click again to register.

Quote:
Quote:Also, I'm not sure whether to make a separate thread but i'll just add it in here. My revolution skin, red star poker didn't fold my hand when i set it up. I also tried to set it up as an "other" site and it still wouldn't fold. Since i don't use bet/fold/call hotkeys (yet) I just told SaT that the button folded my hand and it seems to be working fine as far as tiling and recognizing tables.

Hrmmmm, with this problem, SaT will likely not recognize when its your turn to act, which could potentially cause problems down the line.

The Revolution software is one of the worst in existence, and I've tried hard to get things working properly. But I will look into it again
[/quote]

Ok well so far so good. It seems like it's recognizing my turn for the time being.

(01-29-2013, 10:40 AM)tom Wrote: [ -> ]I actually erased and stopped using one of my custom sites. (I couldn't get luckyace to work with the built in 888 theme.) And i remade my luckyace template and everything seems to work fine now. It must've thought those windows were luckyace tables, or maybe I changed some other setting and didnt realize it. If you're still trying to reproduce it though, it's just the popup that comes up when you click to register from the tournament list on either site. It has the buyin and shows your bankroll and you have to click again to register.

If the problem was only for the custom site, then it was likely the "table_include_title_text" setting that needed tweaking. its usually best to use "/" to force SaT to only look for the blinds separator in the title

But for the built in sites Stars and WPT it should not be including the tournament lobbies.
No, stars and wpt are fine now too after i changed my luckyace setting.

Thanks for the help though and a great product. I'm pretty sure i'll be buying it when my trial's done (but my adding in a "move table to grid when dealt hand" feature would make it a no brainer Smile)
Heh thanks. I am fairly swamped at the moment but I'll add that feature closer to the top of the to-do list for you Smile
That would be great, and while we're at it, I'll suggest an option to stack tiles when there are no hole cards. I can see the only problem with a "move table to grid when dealt hand" option is that tables wouldn't stack a lot because i'd be using the pre-action buttons to fold and as far as I know SaT doesnt stack tables when you pre-fold.

Thanks
Yeah I was thinking about the same problem.

We can move tables out when hole cards are detected, and move them back to stack when no hole cards are detected. But when you pre-fold, the hole cards are still visible, so they would stay in stack. There might be other similar problems that we run into too.
(02-03-2013, 12:28 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I was thinking about the same problem.

We can move tables out when hole cards are detected, and move them back to stack when no hole cards are detected. But when you pre-fold, the hole cards are still visible, so they would stay in stack. There might be other similar problems that we run into too.

I was thinking about that too. I dont know much about programming, but I imagine it would be a lot harder to read the pre-action buttons. I figure it would still clear up plenty of clutter to stack/grid tables depending on if hole cards are visable.