StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Function Keys not working during Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello,

I'm trying to follow the wizard to setup SaT to use for the first time. Part of the process includes pressing F9 and later F10 to establish which sites are being used and then to press fold.

My computer was setup with some differences in the factory it seems, because tho pressing F9 works, pressing F10 on my computer presses the Eject key on my dvdrom.

This happens even tho I click on the active table first. I have no music or video programs open. I am using a HP Envy running Windows 7.

Thanks for letting me know how to setup SaT without using the F-keys. Alternatively I suppose I could temporarily reset F10, but I don't know how to do that (I have looked thru Win7 help, no luck).

Thanks!
Eric

OK, solved my own problem.

Basically I'm an idiot :-)

On my model laptop, you have to hold down the "fn" key while pressing F-9 or F-10 in order to access the F-Key functionalities.

On my previous computers one could just press the F-key directly to achieve the same thing.
Yeah, it seems more and more people are having this problem. Either they have to hold down the Fn key to access the F1-F12 keys, or they have a dedicated F-Lock key (similar to Caps Lock) that needs to be switch on.