StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Tables moving from slot to slot on their own
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I have it set so once the action is on me, a table moves from my stack (slot 1) into the next available slot. It is supposed to remain there until the hand is over, which in general it does. However for some reason, the tables are occasionally moving around within the non-stack slot.

For example, I will have four tables tiled in slots 2 through 5. I will fold slot 2. I will then go to act on slot 3, and the table will shift into slot 2 for some reason. In one hand today, I went to raise in this situation, and the table did this. A new table immediately replaced it in slot 3, and I misclick raised.

Any idea why this would be happening and is there a fix?
My guess is its happening due to a problem with the End of Hand detection. Do you have 'Stack Table at End of Hand' checked in Advanced Options?

If you turn on all Notifications in Advanced Options, you can verify this. When this happens, what you would be looking for is a Notification to appear saying "End of Hand detected" (which would accompany sending the table back to the stack) and then another Notification immediately saying "Action Required" (which would move the table out of the stack and into the next free grid slot. That would be why a table looks like it jumps from slot 3 to slot 2. In reality, its going to the stack first and then popping back out.

If you can confirm that this is indeed the issue, then we need to figure out why SaT is incorrectly detecting the End of Hand. This could be a problem with the Hole Card or the Flop Card, and it also depends on what site its happening on. It could also be because you are not using a 'preferred seat' within the poker client to make sure you are always in the same seat, and therefore your hole cards are always in the same spot. This is mentioned on the help page.

One thing you could try is to remove and re-Include the site, but being more precise when it asks you to click on the "white" part of the card. In fact, that description is not accurate, but I haven't figured out an easy way to word it. You need to click on a white part of the card that will always be white for ANY card, picture card or not. Please see this post for more information:
http://www.stackandtile.com/forum/showth...61#pid1461

Because of these quirks with End Of Hand detection, I turned it off by default in the recent versions.

Yeah I noticed it starting to happen a lot more right after I turned on the End of Hand Detection. The reason I turned it on in the first place, though, is because some of my folded tables were cluttering up my slots by not returning to the stacks. I think this was because I was auto-folding to bets post flop in multi-way hands. Then since the table would sit there, I'd auto-fold preflop and so on. Or something.

Anyways I turned off the Detection, and I'll try a session without it. Have you gotten confirmation from people that it works near-perfectly on all the sites if they are "precise" about the white part of the card as you described? Because I would like to get that End of Hand Detection working properly if possible.
(03-17-2013, 06:08 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I noticed it starting to happen a lot more right after I turned on the End of Hand Detection. The reason I turned it on in the first place, though, is because some of my folded tables were cluttering up my slots by not returning to the stacks. I think this was because I was auto-folding to bets post flop in multi-way hands. Then since the table would sit there, I'd auto-fold preflop and so on. Or something.

Well, ideally you will use a "Fold+Stack" hotkey, that would take care of it. SaT will detect if you click the actual Fold button with your mouse, and then try to stack the table. However, it will not detect if you click the pre-fold checkbox.

Quote:Anyways I turned off the Detection, and I'll try a session without it. Have you gotten confirmation from people that it works near-perfectly on all the sites if they are "precise" about the white part of the card as you described? Because I would like to get that End of Hand Detection working properly if possible.

The End Of Hand detection is quirky, but I don't get many complaints. Its more an issue of getting it set up properly. And the holecard stuff will only work if you are using preferred seating. If not, then that would definitley cause your problems.

Hmm

I just played a session with End of Hand Detection off, and I was still having the issue with tables moving to lower slots.
Can you confirm that you can successfully send all tables of all sites to the stack? And those tables will stay in the stack until it is exactly your turn to act?