StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: layout problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

acedoja

Hello, I am new to stackandtile and trying to get it set up. It looks really cool and useful to me.

As of now I want to run 20 tables on my 32 inch dell monitor. It will be 5 across and 4 down.

I changed the layout to 20 tables and clicked visualize layout.

The problem is when I visualize the layout it is trying to make it 8 across, 3 down... so its 8 top row, 8 second row, and 4 3rd row.. then just an empty row at the bottom...

Because of this 3 tables I can not see on the top and second row... I can easily drag table 6.. but table 7-8 and table 15-16 are off the screen and I can't see them and thus can't drag them onto the screen to fix it.

I've tried clicking on the stack tile on taskbar and clicking the move button for the individual tables that I can't see or drag over... it does not work..

I really am just wondering how I can drag these tables over and put them in the place they need to be.

Thank you so much!
You can try creating a whole new layout. Click File->New Layout. There is an option in that wizard to specify how many rows x columns to use. Then once it is created you can Visualize to tweak it how you want.

This is when I create a whole new layout. In the wizard the first option that comes up is one to do the height/width. Once this is done it asks me to add a site. Once I add the site it is completed.

There is no row/column option in the wizard that I can see. I can't find one as well in the program anywhere.
Ohhh yeah this was in the original wizard right after the height/width. But I'm sorry, I forgot that I removed that option because hardly anyone used it.

The easiest way to solve this is to use the +/- buttons to remove slots from your layout. Remove all the way down to 6 slots, since those are the visible ones. Visualize to confirm. Then one by one add additional slots and then Visualize to place them.