StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: DWM scan mode not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, been using stack and tile for around 6 months now and just had my first problem.

When i try to set SAT scan mode to DWM in advanced options I get a popup from SAT saying " to use DWM mode you must enable an aero theme in windows 7"

I'm currently using the base windows 7 aero theme and have been for months. The problem started after a windows update a few days ago and i have been forced to use 'BB' scan mode since then which makes all the tables flicker and is super annoying.

Any way to remedy this besides restoring windows to before the updates?

Im running SAT with full admin privileges and never had a problem till now.

Thanks!
Any idea which update it was?
You could try using PW scan mode, depending on which sites you play. PW should work for most. But that is not a solution.

The bigger issue is this Windows update. I wonder why it has turned off Aero, or why SaT thinks that Aero is off. Can you try using a different Aero theme in Windows and see what SaT says?

Can you check the System panel and see if this setting is turned on?
http://i.imgur.com/AtoIoLp.png
I have tried multiple aero themes without any different error message. The windows update was just the standard auto update.

I have windows 7 premium and took a screenshot of the visual effects options which seem to be different than the one you showed. [Image: 59u8.jpg]

I think the problem might be my video card needs to be updated, found out its not supporting aero themes with the current driver- so will update and post back.
Yeah maybe the windows update changed your video card drivers.

I can tell by looking at the windows in your screenshot that Aero is not enabled.

Look at this screenshot, you can see that the borders of the windows are see-through, whereas yours are solid blue:
http://www.istartedsomething.com/wp-cont.../10/96.png

And also the X close button is different size and shape