StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Error when disabling hotkeys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During a session i disable/enable hotkeys a lot, for obv reasons. But later in sessions, i sometimes get the following message:

[Image: rbtl.jpg]

If i remember well, the box pops up when disabling, i have to click it, the keys are still disabled and i use the hotkey for disabling/enabling again (ctrl-Q).

I currently only play Ipoker, tiled, and do not use a stack. The only other hotkeys i use are fold, call and bet. I'm using 403 and had the same 'problem' in the previous version(s?)

Might be a minor bug fix; it's not a big deal at all, but a bit annoying Smile
A similar popup has been reported a few times before, and only one guy via email mentioned that he uses enable/disable hotkeys, so I'm pretty sure that that indeed is the cause. I believe it has to do with the flashing notification that appears constantly while hotkeys are disabled. Your popup is a little different than the previous ones reported, but if you get this frequently, you probably have seen the other one as well. Yes? Or do you only see this one?

I would recommend completely stopping and restarting SaT when it happens.

The problem is that its hard to reproduce. I have spammed that hotkey on/off but it would only happen randomly. I believe something else in the code is interfering.

I have a fix that I would like to try, but I would rather try it once this problem can be easily reproduced, that way we can know if we actually fixed it or not. Alternatively I could just remove this notification, but I think its pretty important to have the user know when the hotkeys are disabled or not. Maybe I could do a tooltip instead..
Ah, missed that one. Well, i will see if it's possible to reproduce and report back. Not gonna force it, just wait for it to happen spontaneously.
After looking into it, I believe those two errors are separate and have different causes. I should have a fix for yours in the next version.
Would be nice.

The following screen popped up after (again, if i remember well) using my fold hotkey accidently on a google chrome window. Has nothing to do with disabling/enabling hotkeys. Wasn't able to reproduce.

[Image: uerq.jpg]

I'm sorry if it's posted already, i've never seen it before though.
Yeah this is the other popup that has been randomly reported previously. This is separate from your original popup that you posted in this thread.

The code mentioned in this second popup has to do with the flashing part of the notification popups in the lower right, which is why I assumed it was related to the disable hotkeys popup which constantly flashes while they are disabled. Seems strange for it to get triggered during a Fold hotkey.
(08-18-2013, 11:15 PM)Drivo Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, missed that one. Well, i will see if it's possible to reproduce and report back. Not gonna force it, just wait for it to happen spontaneously.

(08-19-2013, 12:58 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]After looking into it, I believe those two errors are separate and have different causes. I should have a fix for yours in the next version.

I'm playing for an hour, it currently happens every time i press ctr-q to disable hotkeys.
Yeah for now, until you completely restart SaT, the problem will keep happening once it happens once
(08-19-2013, 05:49 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah for now, until you completely restart SaT, the problem will keep happening once it happens once

It was just a FYI Smile I like the 'once it happens once' though ghehe.