StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Problem out of the gate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I suck with comps, having prob right away.

I use 2 screens. My main is a 32 inch dell monitor and it's connected to my 17 inch laptop.

I am having a problem with the layout. I have set it to 24 spots and when I click "visualize" I am unable to see or move many of them. They are off the big 32 screen completely and thus I cannot access them to move them back on the screen where they should be. My laptop screen is just black and they aren't there either.

Since I can't see them on the screen, I can't drag them where they should be.

Things I have tried...

-clicking on the stack and tile on taskbar.. seeing the list of tables there... then trying to click on the missing ones to highlight them and drag them over. Doesn't work, when I click on the tables off the screen nothing happens.

-clicking on stack and tile, deleting the ones off the screen by clicking the "x" on them. They do disappear, then I press F7 and save it. However, doesn't work, after I save it when I click back on visualise it shows up exactly the same. I think this is because only way you can actually lower the tables is by clicking that "-" thing in the stack and tile main menu.

Thanks for your help! Can't wait to get it working.

All good ideas that you've tried, usually some of them would work. Perhaps if at some point you X'd out some slots and then saved, then those slots got somehow lost.

In any case, you are right, the only way to actually add or remove slots is by using the +/- buttons on the Layout tab. Usually what I suggest in this situation, is to use the - button and remove all of the slots down to the ones that you can see when you Visualize. So if you can only see 4 slots, then remove down to 4 slots. Then, start adding the slots back in with the + button.