StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: how to delay moving to grid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In an earlier version about 2 years ago, I was able to set the refreshing rate when a table jumps into the grid in seconds at advanced tab, it was pretty cool, cause know its too fast, I guess is like 0,5sec and got problems with it, because stealing focus too often, I have tried deselecting activate table option in advanced options, but no success. I was looked inside the ini file, but cannot see that setting, what I seen in the earlier version. Can You help?
In the past, there were two timing settings in advanced options. One was Engine Delay which controls how often SaT scans the tables and the other was Action Delay which pauses briefly before sending a table to the stack or grid. I believe the second one is what you are talking about.

I removed it from the interface because I didn't think many people were actually using it, and also because it is not consistently applied throughout the software. Mostly the Action Delay is used within hotkey actions, when moving a table to the stack or to the grid via hotkey, or via clicks when using Left Mouse Click Detection. However, during the automatic movement of tables into the grid via the 'Move To Grid' setting, the Action Delay doesn't take effect.

The ini setting is action_delay and it is in milliseconds. The default value is 150 which would be 0.15 seconds. You can follow the instructions on the Extra Advanced Options help page to add it in.
Thanks a lot, engine_delay is what I am looking for
engine_delay has different default values depending upon the Scan Mode, but it too is in milliseconds. You don't want to this number to be too low. You should probably always keep it at 300 or over. You can set it to 1000 or higher and see if that gives you the delay you want.