StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Tables jumping in front.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

SNGrinder

Hi,

I've been having a problem recently. I'll try to describe it the best I can.

I have all of my tables in one stack, and I have hotkeys to manually move them into the grid and back to the stack. Very often, one of the tables that I'm trying to act on will keep getting skipped by other tables that jump in front of it and steal the focus.

Let me try to give an example...

Let's say I have 20 tables all in the stack. It's my turn to act on table #4. Usually, table #4 will sit there until I decide to act, and then the next table in line will pop up, and so on. However, when the problem occurs, other tables keep jumping in front of table #4 before I can even act (often causing misclicks on the tables that jump in front). I can't even get back to table #4 sometimes, because other tables keep jumping in front, even though I haven't acted on table #4 yet. Even if i somehow quickly click to move table #4 to the grid real fast, other tables still steal the focus (but at least I can see table #4 instead of it disappearing into the stack).

Please let me know how to fix this problem. I'm a SNE grinder and I can't really afford to have this happen.
Is it always a certain site?

Please run the test described on this page using 1 table for each individual site at a time:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...stay-stack

Tell me if any tables move out of the stack and into the grid at the wrong time, either too early or not at all.

SNGrinder

I only play on Pokerstars...so this is happening while only playing on one site.

SNGrinder

I just ran the test and it seems to be working fine. It only moves to the grid when it's my turn to act.
Eh.. are you sure you've turned off the option in PokerStars to "Pop up table when action is required"?

This is shown on the help page:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/pokerstars

SNGrinder

To be clear, all of the tables are working fine most of the time. It's just every so often that one table will have this weird problem which messes everything up. And while I try to sort it out, I end up misclicking on a few tables and I lose my time banks on a lot of others. It seems as if it recognizes the table as my turn to act for a split second, and then immediately decides to push this initial table aside and instead focuses on the next table I need to act on. And when I act on that new table, it goes to the old table for another split second, and then ignores it again as another pops up in front of it. It's as if it is "trying" to let me act on the initial table, but any new tables I need to act on take precedence over the initial one for some reason.
I'm gonna assume that you have that Stars setting turned off. You didn't answer either way..

(02-15-2014, 11:29 AM)SNGrinder Wrote: [ -> ]To be clear, all of the tables are working fine most of the time. It's just every so often that one table will have this weird problem which messes everything up. And while I try to sort it out, I end up misclicking on a few tables and I lose my time banks on a lot of others. It seems as if it recognizes the table as my turn to act for a split second, and then immediately decides to push this initial table aside and instead focuses on the next table I need to act on.

Can you keep an eye and see if there is any consistency as to when this happens. Is it directly after moving a table back to the stack via hotkey? Is it directly after moving a table out to grid via hotkey?

Quote: And when I act on that new table, it goes to the old table for another split second, and then ignores it again as another pops up in front of it.

Let me ask you to test something real quick. With 2 tables in the stack, when you act on one, does it stay at the top of the stack until the next table requires action? Or does it immediately go to the bottom after you've acted?

Quote:It's as if it is "trying" to let me act on the initial table, but any new tables I need to act on take precedence over the initial one for some reason.

After you've acted on all the tables that keep popping in front, does that initial older table that needed action at first eventually pop up?

SNGrinder

I believe that setting was turned off. There is a chance that the Stars client turned it on for some reason (this has happened to be before), but when I checked it was off.

I'll check these things out and get back to you today/tonight. Thanks.

SNGrinder

1) The only consistency I can find is that it happens when the table is in the stack, and it doesn't do it for the duration of the tournament...only for the one hand until I finally get a chance to act on that table.

2) It happens whether I have the "popup whenever user action is required" checked or unchecked, it doesn't matter. I tested it out and it happened under both circumstances.

3) I did the test with 2 tables. When I acted, the tables stayed ontop until it was my turn to act on the next table.

4) Every time I act on the "new" tables that pop up overtop of the "initial table", the initial table shows itself for a split second before being covered again by another table that needs action. When there is no other place for me to act on any other table, the initial one finally does stay on top (but this hardly ever happens when I'm 20+ tabling, I never get to act on the initial table)

5) Maybe this issue is related. Today I changed my setting so that tables popped out whenever I entered a pot. A lot of the time it didn't work, however...I would raise or call and the table would just stay in the stack.
Thank you. All very good information that can help track down this problem.

(02-16-2014, 07:34 PM)SNGrinder Wrote: [ -> ]2) It happens whether I have the "popup whenever user action is required" checked or unchecked, it doesn't matter. I tested it out and it happened under both circumstances.

Ok. Good to know. Best to leave that option turned off however, and leave the first checkbox in SaT's Advanced Options turned on. You do have that turned on right?

Quote:3) I did the test with 2 tables. When I acted, the tables stayed ontop until it was my turn to act on the next table.

4) Every time I act on the "new" tables that pop up overtop of the "initial table", the initial table shows itself for a split second before being covered again by another table that needs action. When there is no other place for me to act on any other table, the initial one finally does stay on top (but this hardly ever happens when I'm 20+ tabling, I never get to act on the initial table)

It sounds like SaT is thinking these other tables need action more urgently, so SaT is merely popping up the next table that needs action. However, I'm not sure exactly why you are seeing the first table for a split second. The reason I asked you to do the 2 table test, was to see if the top table would go to the bottom after you acted. You said it didn't, so it should be working correctly.

The only other thing I can think of, is that this problem will only happen when another table in the grid requires action. This actually might lead to finding the bug. SaT has to do extra work when a table that is in the grid requires action. This is because we cannot just activate each new table when it requires action in the stack, because then we would potentially steal focus from a table in the grid. So, SaT works around this by scanning the stack and sending all tables that don't require action to the bottom, which gives the illusion of tables requiring action popping to the top. This is also why using each site's built in option to "pop up tables when action required" is not sufficient: a table in grid will be popped up requiring action, and the site will just wait until that table is acted on, potentially leaving stack tables that also require action at the bottom.

So, my guess is this: a table in the grid requires action. You are thinking and don't act on it yet. Meanwhile, SaT is bringing up the tables in the stack that need action. Actually, SaT is really sending the tables in the stack that don't need action to the bottom. So, you act on a table in the stack, which by clicking on the table steals focus from a table in the grid. SaT then re-activates/focuses the table in the grid, and causes it to rescan the stack. Hrmm, but even then I would think that the original table should stay at the top. I really would like to iron this out.

Can you test this as well? Maybe even test with less tables, even keep some tables in grid and use the 'Highlight active window' feature in Advanced Options so you can specifically see when a table in grid requires action and see if it is only at this time that you experience the bug.

Quote:5) Maybe this issue is related. Today I changed my setting so that tables popped out whenever I entered a pot. A lot of the time it didn't work, however...I would raise or call and the table would just stay in the stack.

I don't know if this is related or not. For the 'After Entering Pot' mode, SaT looks for mouse clicks within the call/bet button areas, or it looks for call/bet SaT hotkey presses. Usually the only reason for this would be if you are clicking a bunch of times on the table and SaT is lagging trying to process the clicks.

When you normally have this problem, you are using 'Move to Grid' = 'Never' ?
Have you added any other custom options to your config file?
Pages: 1 2