StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Running multiple SaT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hey,

I've been testing running 2-4 SaT clients at the same time. Like this I can have tables from different sites organized more efficiently in the grid and also make different sized slots depending on the site I'm playing.

Seems to work fine but is there some reason I should not do this (i.e some possible clash incoming) ?
Some people have done this successfully in the past for the same reasons. Its cool that you've thought of it on your own.

I cannot think of all the potential problems right at this moment. I think you definitely want to make sure that you don't have a site included twice in different instances/layouts of SaT. Make sure a site is only included once. Also, for the hotkeys, if you want them to work across all instances, you probably should use the ~ prefix for each keyname so that SaT will pass the key through to other instances. That' all I can think of for now.

how do you get the ~prefix before each keyname? Trying this out and my fold and stack is ~RButton, which works fine, but all other hotkeys aren't properly working while using 2 snt's. Do i need different buttons for same hotkey on diff sites? Except the ~rbutton fold and stack, which seemed to work ok for the 3min i tried this out. not sure if all werent working but i couldnt send from stack to grid with keep in grid hotkey or couldnt move it to slot 16 from stack either.

hotkeys i use
Increase WheelUp
Decrease WDwn
Keep in grid Xbutton1
fold +stack ~rbutton
move table to slot 16 for one site and slot 5 for other Xbuttton2

switched one to just fold +stack, not folding hand, but is bringing to grid spots and also wheni click the fold manually it goes back to stack. so not working at all together really
(03-01-2014, 11:50 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]how do you get the ~prefix before each keyname?

You can just type it in. SaT automatically asks you for 'RButton' because most people will want to still access right click menus while SaT is running.

(03-01-2014, 11:50 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Trying this out and my fold and stack is ~RButton, which works fine
(03-02-2014, 12:01 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]switched one to just fold +stack, not folding hand, but is bringing to grid spots and also wheni click the fold manually it goes back to stack. so not working at all together really

Not really sure that I understand what is working and what isn't.. Try it with one hotkey at a time and test and make sure it works across both. Actually, I think what you will want to do is only use the ~ for one instance of SaT, and don't use it for the other (except for the 'RButton' hotkey which will have the ~ for both).

For example:

SaT #1:
Keep in grid = ~XButton1
move table to slot 16 = ~XButton2

SaT #2:
Keep in grid = XButton1
move table to slot 5 = XButton2

etc