StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: stack misclicks and possibly multiple stacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im having issues with misclicks when i stack tables without letting them move out to grid when action is required. Tables popup in front of whatever table im acting on. I tried it with "activate most urgent table" and with that on/off in conjunction with "activate table under mouse".

Im currently using "activate table under mouse" only.

I cant say for certain but it seems to happen only the first few seconds after moving the mouse over a table in the stack.

I tried to create a second stack by moving tables to "new tables" stack via hotkey. Im not sure how that is gonna work out.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks!
/Bastian
(03-05-2014, 12:02 PM)scud12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Im having issues with misclicks when i stack tables without letting them move out to grid when action is required. Tables popup in front of whatever table im acting on. I tried it with "activate most urgent table" and with that on/off in conjunction with "activate table under mouse".

Im currently using "activate table under mouse" only.

So you are stacking all your tables, but you are using 'Move to Grid' = Never ? So tables just stay in the stack all the time unless you manually move them?

In this case, you should not use "Activate table under mouse". You should use "Activate table when action required" and you should turn off every option within every poker site that you play on so that the sites themselves aren't popping the tables up.
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/focus-stealing

Make sure you do all of this first.

Quote:I cant say for certain but it seems to happen only the first few seconds after moving the mouse over a table in the stack.

This might be a good hint. How many sites are you playing within SaT? What site does it happen on? Is it always a particular site that jumps in front and steals focus? Is it always a particular site that loses focus? (my guess is its the second... it could be that whenever you hover your mouse over the Fold button, the button color changes slightly, and then another table steals focus on top)
I was tiling most of my tables but kept a stack of 3-13 less important tables. Im using "move to grid = never". Yes tables stay in the stack unless I manually move them. Thats where new tables are automatically put too.

I tried "Activate table when action required" while having "Activate table under mouse" Off. I tried all combinations of having them on/off and it didnt seem to make a difference in how tables popped up.

I just checked to make sure and I had popup table disabled on every poker site.

Just to make sure we are on the same page: Mostly the tables with action needed would queue up as they should but sometimes the table would switch in the same moment as I was performing an action which would result in me performing the action on the wrong table.

I just have the cursor over the table and use hotkeys for fold/call/bet. I can recall misclicks when the cursor was not over the bottom part of the table where all the action buttons are located.

I was stacking ipoker, winamax, pokerstars. 888 for a brief moment aswell.
Looking through some hands from today I could find misclicks on ipoker, stars and winamax.
(03-05-2014, 04:09 PM)scud12345 Wrote: [ -> ]I was tiling most of my tables but kept a stack of 3-13 less important tables. Im using "move to grid = never". Yes tables stay in the stack unless I manually move them. Thats where new tables are automatically put too.

I tried "Activate table when action required" while having "Activate table under mouse" Off. I tried all combinations of having them on/off and it didnt seem to make a difference in how tables popped up.

I just checked to make sure and I had popup table disabled on every poker site.

Ok all good.

Quote:Just to make sure we are on the same page: Mostly the tables with action needed would queue up as they should but sometimes the table would switch in the same moment as I was performing an action which would result in me performing the action on the wrong table.

I just have the cursor over the table and use hotkeys for fold/call/bet. I can recall misclicks when the cursor was not over the bottom part of the table where all the action buttons are located.

I was stacking ipoker, winamax, pokerstars. 888 for a brief moment aswell.
Looking through some hands from today I could find misclicks on ipoker, stars and winamax.

First I forgot to ask, did this just start bugging out recently? Was it working fine in the past? Did something change? Either SaT settings, pokersite update, etc? Or did you just start trying this setup and noticed the problem?

Next, what I would suggest is to try to play on play money and just a few tables of each site, and see if you can trigger the problem to happen consistently, and see what may be causing it. Originally I thought it was the mouseover the Fold button, which causes the button to change to a different color shade. But if you're only keeping the mouse in the center of the table, then this is obviously not it. If you have misclicks on 3 separate sites, then there is no consistency there. However, there could be consistency as to which site allows the others to steal focus. So although all 3 of Stars, iPoker, Winamax popped to the top to steal focus, see if you can notice if there is one particular site that always loses focus. Meaning: is it always a Stars table on top that you are trying to act on, when suddently another site steals focus over top?

Lastly I would also ask you to test without 888 altogether and see what that produces. I have had some random reports of issues with 888 but nothing has been nailed down yet..
I usually just tile all the tables but decided to try to have a stack aswell. It would save me from having to search the outskirts of my screen area for tables to act on.

I started todays session with having two stacks running (one as New Tables and other one as the normal stack).
What I noticed was:
in Stack: ipoker popping up over other ipoker tables and likely other sites aswell.
in New Tables Stack: 888 popping up over some tables. Most likely ipoker or stars.

In the normal stack I had a 4-5 ipoker tables and possibly a stars table. from time to time all ipoker tables would popup in front of eachother without needing action.

When I had over 10 tables combined in the two stacks my computer slowed down significantly. This never happens when tiling up to 24 tables with 8-9 clients running.

I´ll try some playmoney to see what/if any sites are stackable. I will exclude 888 at some point and pay attention to what stars is up to. I´ll get back to you and thanks for the help.
Ok first, please don't think of a New Tables stack as a second 'stack'. It is not meant to be used that way at all. Its just meant to put all New Tables into a certain slot and you are meant to put them into the main stack once you've sat and bought in.

Now, I kinda took this for granted but this could definitely be your problem... You need to first ensure that SaT can properly detect that action is required for all of the sites that you play on. You do that by running the Test described on this page for each site:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...stay-stack
I took this for granted because you said that it only happens sometimes, where most of the time it works properly. But its best we confirm that that Test performs correctly
I opened a myriad of play money tables and the sites that caused problems were:
winamax would popup when needing action over whatever i was doing.
ipoker would take focus from when cards are dealt until I had acted.
prima would take focus from when I had acted until I folded or the hand was done ( i think)

I did the test you linked to. all sites except prima would move out as they should.
Im using the standard ipoker .ini and a custom one for winamax and prima. I have the fold button as the action button for both winamax and prima.

Ill try changing it to the bet and call buttons and possibly trying the standard winamax.ini
As for ipoker I have no clue what to try. Im playing on william hill and have no focus options on.
regarding prima Im using racetrack view. both fold and call button will move the table out as soon as Im dealt cards. Bet button works but whenever someone is allin infront of me it doesnt detect a bet button and the table is left in the stack.
(03-06-2014, 06:35 PM)scud12345 Wrote: [ -> ]I opened a myriad of play money tables and the sites that caused problems were:
winamax would popup when needing action over whatever i was doing.
ipoker would take focus from when cards are dealt until I had acted.
prima would take focus from when I had acted until I folded or the hand was done ( i think)

My guess is that you didn't perform the Test correctly. Also, have you tried removing and re-Including the sites within SaT? This is basic I know but some people forget to try it.

Basically it sounds like you are simply having problems setting up your sites correctly so that SaT can detect when action is required for you. Since you had been only tiling in the past, you never needed to worry about it.

Overall, your problem is common and people seem to not understand how SaT works to determine that action is required (which determines when to pop ta bles up or moves tables out). Especially if tables are incorrectly popping up or moving out when cards are dealt instead of when action is required, then the problem is usually what is described on this page:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...wrong-time
Basically, the tables are not popping up when cards are dealt, but rather when SaT sees the pre-action Fold checkbox, and that checkbox is the same color as the actual Fold button itself.

I did the test you linked to. all sites except prima would move out as they should.

This makes no sense. That Test should have produced similar results. If iPoker is taking focus when cards are dealt, then when testing with Move To Grid = Action Requred, then iPoker tables should have similarly moved out when you are dealt cards instead of when it was your turn to act.

(03-06-2014, 06:47 PM)scud12345 Wrote: [ -> ]regarding prima Im using racetrack view. both fold and call button will move the table out as soon as Im dealt cards. Bet button works but whenever someone is allin infront of me it doesnt detect a bet button and the table is left in the stack.

Ah yes this is a problem. So you'd have to use fold or call. Sounds like Prima has the same issue with the checkboxes