StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Tables moving to different slots during hand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

My SaT is set up so my tables remain in a stack until action is on me, then are moved into the next available slot. The problem is they are often shifting to different slots in the middle of hands.

For example a table will move into slot 4, and I will fold a different table in slot 2. Then I go to act on slot 4, and that tables moves into slot 2. Sometimes a new table will move into slot 4 causing a misclick.

Sometimes the tables will disappear back into my stack in the middle of a hand, only to re-emerge into a new slot.

I am playing MTTs on Stars, FTP, 888, and Party.
Are you using the Advanced Option to "Stack tables at End of Hand" ? If so, try turning that off and see if you still have the problem. If the problem goes away, then we can narrow down the issue to that particular setting. You can also confirm if this is the problem, by turning that option on, and also turning on the Notification for End Of Hand, and see if you get the popups saying that an end of hand was detected on these problem tables

Tables never swap between grid slots. Your example of slot4->slot2, what likely happened was the table in slot4 went back to the stack, and then immediately moved back into the next free grid slot, which was then slot2.

Now, the only time tables would ever automatically return to the stack without any user intervention would be when that setting above is turned on, which is why I suspect that is the culprit.

"Send tables to stack at End of Hand" was indeed enabled. I just disabled it and will test my next session without it.

However... the description of that feature is something I want. When are my tables going to return to my stack now? Or what is it that feature is doing, specifically?

Ah, I think I understand the feature. Without that enabled, if I take a hand to showdown that table doesn't return to the stack.

This brings up a bit of a problem. If tables don't return to stack after showdown, they will sit in a slot and I'll see my starting cards before it's my turn to act. Naturally I will tick the auto-fold box if I see a bad hand, causing the table to remain in a slot. I remember this issue arising in the past when I turned off this feature. You need to understand that a typical layout during my session involves me "anchoring" a few important tournaments to a slot, while the less important ones fly in and out of open slots. The anchored tournaments I am constantly auto-folding to keep from getting piled up with decisions. Therefore it's very difficult for me to not instinctively auto-fold on tables that remain unnecessarily in a slot.

The work-around for this is to make right-click send my table back to my stack, so I can quickly clear out any unwanted tables. However it's still an action/decision I have to make during my session which can definitely add up when I'm trying to play a lot of tables. So if there's a way to troubleshoot that "Send tables to stack at End of Hand" to prevent it from accidentally doing so in the middle of hands, that would be a lot better.
(04-09-2014, 12:32 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]However... the description of that feature is something I want. When are my tables going to return to my stack now?

Tables return to the stack when you click Fold with your mouse. (Assuming you have "Left mouse click detection" enabled in Advanced Options, it is turned on by default)
The other time tables would return to the stack is if you use a "Stack table" or "Fold+Stack" hotkey.

(04-09-2014, 01:04 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I think I understand the feature. Without that enabled, if I take a hand to showdown that table doesn't return to the stack.

Exactly.

Quote:This brings up a bit of a problem. If tables don't return to stack after showdown, they will sit in a slot and I'll see my starting cards before it's my turn to act. Naturally I will tick the auto-fold box if I see a bad hand, causing the table to remain in a slot. I remember this issue arising in the past when I turned off this feature.

Ah yes. If you are just clicking with your mouse, then yes, SaT won't recognize when you click the pre-action fold checkbox. In this case, the table will stay in the grid slot and occupy a slot until you send it back.

Quote:The work-around for this is to make right-click send my table back to my stack, so I can quickly clear out any unwanted tables.

The better workaround is to use a "Fold+Stack" hotkey, which would do both actions at the same time with one keypress. Then you would always use this hotkey for every fold decision. I think many users go this route. But if you are not used to using hotkeys then it may take a little adjustment. You can try it and see if you like it.

Quote:You need to understand that a typical layout during my session involves me "anchoring" a few important tournaments to a slot, while the less important ones fly in and out of open slots. The anchored tournaments I am constantly auto-folding to keep from getting piled up with decisions. Therefore it's very difficult for me to not instinctively auto-fold on tables that remain unnecessarily in a slot.

Are you just "anchoring" the specific tables manually? There is a "Keep table in grid" hotkey that is designed for this exactly purpose. It will 'lock' the table in its slot, and all Fold actions or "Stack table" hotkey actions will be ignored, so the table will stay locked in that slot until you toggle the "Keep table in grid" off

Quote: However it's still an action/decision I have to make during my session which can definitely add up when I'm trying to play a lot of tables. So if there's a way to troubleshoot that "Send tables to stack at End of Hand" to prevent it from accidentally doing so in the middle of hands, that would be a lot better.

Of course, this "Send tables to stack at End Of Hand" should work properly. In my personal opinion, this feature is not that big of a deal because like you noticed, once a hand is complete, a new hand starts within seconds, and you will be acting on that table again. But I'm just so used to using a "Fold+stack" hotkey that I didn't realize the problem if you click the pre-action fold checkbox with your mouse. But some people do like this feature.

But I just wanted to narrow the problem down, and it looks like that feature i the cause. Usually the way to fix this problem is to simply remove and re-Include the site within SaT. You will go through the Include Site setup and click on the card locations and SaT will grab the colors it needs to scan. However, there are a few quirks about this that may be causing your problems. One is preferred seating and another is a 4color deck. Please read these pages so you can get an idea of what is happening, and then try removing and re-Including your site within SaT.

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/preferred-seating
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/flo...-hole-card
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/advanced-options