StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Table Requiring Action
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

First off, I REALLY LIKE THIS PRODUCT! It is just what I was looking for to simplify multi-tabling.

My question is whether a setting can be changed somewhere to make the table requiring action more prominent, either by making the red border thicker, making the window flash, changing the color red to something else, etc.

Also, I have it set up so that the table goes back to the stack once the hand is over. When I win a hand that goes to showdown, the table will not automatically go back to the stack - the next hand will start in the slot and it is not until I fold that it goes back. If I lose at showdown, however, the table does go back to the stack. I hope that makes sense. It's not a show stopper - just more of a nuisance.

Thank you!
(08-02-2014, 08:28 AM)zilblitz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

First off, I REALLY LIKE THIS PRODUCT! It is just what I was looking for to simplify multi-tabling.

Thank you kind sir Smile

Quote:My question is whether a setting can be changed somewhere to make the table requiring action more prominent, either by making the red border thicker, making the window flash, changing the color red to something else, etc.

First, realize that if you are using the 'Highlight active window' setting in Advanced Options, that this doesn't always mean that the table that is highlighted is a table that requires action. It just means that that window is 'active' and has 'focus'. Sometimes a table won't require action, but it will currently have focus (for example if no tables currently require action). Its a subtle difference but important.

But yes, the highlight border can be changed to be larger or smaller, and the color can be changed as well. See this page:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/ext...ed-options

Specifically you will be adding the highlight_border_size and highlight_border_color settings.

Unfortunately there are no settings within the gui interface for this, so you will need to modify your config file directly.

Quote:Also, I have it set up so that the table goes back to the stack once the hand is over. When I win a hand that goes to showdown, the table will not automatically go back to the stack - the next hand will start in the slot and it is not until I fold that it goes back. If I lose at showdown, however, the table does go back to the stack. I hope that makes sense. It's not a show stopper - just more of a nuisance.

What site does this happen on?

SaT doesn't actually know when 'showdown' happens. It merely looks for the visibility of the hole cards (it tries to grab the color of the card during Include Site setup). So, if SaT sees either the flop cards or the hole cards disappear, then it thinks the hand is over.

Have you tried removing and re-Including the site within SaT, in order to re-setup the colors?

I've never be a fan of this feature myself, because as you note, after the showdown, the next hand will start immediately anyway, which will require your action, and you can then send the table back to the stack.
Ok - very nice!

I am good with the borders - I made them thicker and it works great.

As for the second question, I am on PokerStars and using the SlickDark theme. I should mention that I did follow the steps for deleting the site and re-including the site, and also followed the steps for SaT to recognize when I had hole cards and when there were flop cards. However, it asked me to click on the white of the cards, but I use the four color deck so I just clicked near the border and hoped that it would work. Not sure if that makes a difference but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks
(08-02-2014, 09:21 AM)zilblitz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok - very nice!

I am good with the borders - I made them thicker and it works great.

Cool

(08-02-2014, 09:21 AM)zilblitz Wrote: [ -> ]As for the second question, I am on PokerStars and using the SlickDark theme. I should mention that I did follow the steps for deleting the site and re-including the site, and also followed the steps for SaT to recognize when I had hole cards and when there were flop cards. However, it asked me to click on the white of the cards, but I use the four color deck so I just clicked near the border and hoped that it would work. Not sure if that makes a difference but I thought I would mention it.

Ahhh perhaps that is the problem. The 4 color deck should work. To quote from this help page:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/flo...-hole-card

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/flo...-hole-card Wrote:Techinically, "white" isn't specifically needed. We need a solid color that must be different than the table felt background behind the card.
So a better description would be: you want to click an area on the card that will never be the same color as the table background behind the card. You need to take into consideration all possible cards in the deck: 4 colors, face, and non-face cards.

So, as long as the table color behind your hole cards is sufficiently different from any of your 4 card suit colors, then it should work. However, I would recommend you remove and re-Include the site again, but don't choose a color near the border, instead choose a solid color more towards the middle of the card and see if it works.

Then test again, and you can keep testing with clicking on different spots to see if it works