StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Focus Stealing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kf

Right now I've got everything working the way I want it to, minus the fact that sometimes a table will come out of the stack into the grid, and steal focus from a table I'm acting on. It seems to only happen when a table fills a grid slot before the one I am currently on.

Ex: I am making a decision in slot 4, a table pops up in slot 2 and steals focus from 4. It's not happening a lot, but it sure is annoying. Slot 1 is my stack. I have the pop up table setting on Pokerstars disabled. Any ideas?

kf

Also, when my grid starts to fill up, it starts to get laggy and can make things really hectic when many tables are requesting action. Definitely not my computer. Would love to have this software working fully and subscribe. I am using a 12 slot grid with some overlap, and using tableninja to handle preset bets.

My config file:

[settings]
send_new_tables_to_bottom=1
highlight_border_size=7
activate_new_tables=0
table_width=808
table_height=584
total_slots=12
slot1x=1
slot1y=0
slot2x=556
slot2y=0
slot3x=1062
slot3y=0
slot4x=1752
slot4y=0
slot5x=0
slot5y=367
slot6x=552
slot6y=365
stack_slot=1
newtables_slot=1
move_to_grid=preflop
oldtables_duration=5
oldtables_slot=1
scan_mode=DWM
play_mode=SaT
slot7x=1064
slot7y=365
slot8x=1752
slot8y=367
slot9x=0
slot9y=816
slot10x=551
slot10y=816
slot11x=1060
slot11y=816
slot12x=1752
slot12y=816
activate_most_urgent=1
activate_table_under_mouse=0
highlight_active_win=1
move_mouse_to_most_urgent=0
left_click_detection=1
stack_when_clicking_call_or_bet=0
stack_table_at_end_of_hand=1
drag_drop_swap_slots=1
minimize_to_tray=0
show_table_count_while_running=0
show_session_timer=0
move_888_popups=1
close_bovada_popups=1
notify_new_tables=1
notify_old_tables=1
notify_keep_in_grid=1
notify_ignore_table=1
notify_move_to_grid=0
notify_end_of_hand=0
notification_duration=3
hotkeys_fire_on_release=0
allow_action_hotkeys_on_ignored_tables=0
click_bet_for_betsize_hotkeys=0
focus_betbox=0
[general]
show_walkthru=0
gui_x=966
gui_y=871
last_tab=
is_reloading=0
version=2.67
v=tr
[sites]
number_of_sites=1
included_sites=PokerStarsHyperSimple
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars\PokerStars.exe
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_resized_table_width=808
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_resized_table_height=584
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_hole_x_coord=419
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_hole_y_coord=391
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_fold_color=0xcdc3b2
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_call_color=0xcdc3b2
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_bet_color=0xc5bcab
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_table_color_behind_holecard=0x505245
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_flop_x_coord=359
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_flop_y_coord=220
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_table_color_behind_flop=0x666664
[hotkeys]
number_of_hotkeys=9
hotkey1action=Fold + Stack table
hotkey1key=F
hotkey2action=Move table to Next slot
hotkey2key=Right
hotkey3action=Move table to Previous slot
hotkey3key=Left
hotkey4action=Keep table in grid
hotkey4key=^
hotkey5action=Keep all tables in grid
hotkey5key=[
hotkey6action=Stack table
hotkey6key=]
hotkey7action=Stack all tables
hotkey7key=*
hotkey8action=Move table to slot 5
hotkey8key=<
hotkey9action=Move table to slot 6
hotkey9key=>
send_table_under_mouse=0
(08-16-2014, 12:07 AM)kf Wrote: [ -> ]Right now I've got everything working the way I want it to, minus the fact that sometimes a table will come out of the stack into the grid, and steal focus from a table I'm acting on. It seems to only happen when a table fills a grid slot before the one I am currently on.

Ex: I am making a decision in slot 4, a table pops up in slot 2 and steals focus from 4. It's not happening a lot, but it sure is annoying. Slot 1 is my stack. I have the pop up table setting on Pokerstars disabled. Any ideas?

Not sure, this shouldn't happen. I see that you are using the highlight feature. So what you're saying is, the table in slot 4 is highlighted and has focus? And before you do anything, a table moves to slot 2 and the highlighter moves there?

This is not too difficult to test. Here's what I just did. Opened up two Stars tables, used the "Move to next slot" hotkey to put one table in slot 4. Used "Fold+Stack" hotkey to move the other table to the stack. Waited until table in slot 4 required my action, and just left it sitting, timing down. SaT highlighted this table. Then, at the same time, the table in the stack required action as well. SaT moved that table into slot 2, but the highlighter and focus remained on slot 4. I have some overlap as well, and in fact the table that moved to slot 2 moved BEHIND slot 4.

You say its not happening a lot, which again is gonna make it very difficult to debug. Are you certain you're not attempting to act on a table in the grid that doesn't yet have focus?

(08-16-2014, 02:02 AM)kf Wrote: [ -> ]Also, when my grid starts to fill up, it starts to get laggy and can make things really hectic when many tables are requesting action. Definitely not my computer. Would love to have this software working fully and subscribe. I am using a 12 slot grid with some overlap, and using tableninja to handle preset bets.

Well I've had users run 35-40 tables with SaT. I wouldn't necessarily rule out that theres something on your computer that is conflicting. How many tables do you have going?

After looking more closely I have discovered that it's not actually stealing the focus from the table. Something is happening when I press "Fold+stack" hotkey. It will delay a good 3-4 seconds sometimes before it sends the table back to the stack (the rest of the time it happens instantly). So what ends up happening is a delay in focus from one table to another, because it takes so long to get that table to the stack it is causing me to misfire the Fold+stack button and fold on the wrong table. I am playing anywhere from 14-20 tables usually, and I meant it's not my computer from a performance capability perspective so we can rule out that. Hope you can help! Again this is only happening when there at least 6-7 grid slots filled.

It just seems to slow down significantly when the grid gets busy, sorry for double posting!
(08-16-2014, 07:08 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]After looking more closely I have discovered that it's not actually stealing the focus from the table. Something is happening when I press "Fold+stack" hotkey. It will delay a good 3-4 seconds sometimes before it sends the table back to the stack (the rest of the time it happens instantly).

This shouldn't be happening either. Are you certain you're only pressing the "Fold+Stack" hotkey once? Or are you spamming it many times? Perhaps theres a backlog of hotkeys waiting to fire.

Or, perhaps the table is immediately going back to the stack, and the immediately popping back into the grid, causing you to think it never went back. This is possible too I suppose. You could turn on the Notification for Move To Grid to see if this is the case, thats its popping back out instantly

kf

100% positive I am only firing the hotkey once. Been using TN1 for years and have a good feel for it.

I will enable the notification for Move To Grid to see if this shows what's happening during this delay. I will let you know tomorrow when I play. Do you know if people have less problems when using the "activate table under mouse" feature? It seems to me that most people I talk to use this over letting tables take focus naturally...I will try this as well to see if the same thing happens.