StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: How to make StackAndTile faster ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hey!

I am very satisfied with this tool but I would like StackAndTile to bring up up the tables faster. Currently I'm playing 15 Tables and I notice a small lag between the Pokerstars sound and tables being brought to the top of the stack. Sometimes up to 0.5 or more I would say. This adds up when there are a lot of tables needing attention.

My PC:
i5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz
8gb ram
win 8.1 64 bit
256gb Samsung evo ssd

Here is my config:

Quote:[settings]
table_width=629
table_height=461
total_slots=4
slot1x=0
slot1y=4
slot2x=654
slot2y=0
slot3x=654
slot3y=475
slot4x=0
slot4y=475
stack_slot=1
newtables_slot=1
move_on_street=vpip
oldtables_duration=5
oldtables_slot=1
scan_mode=DWM
alternate_scan=
activate_on_move=0
left_click_detection=1
bring_urgent_tables_to_top=1
engine_delay=800
action_delay=275
hotkeys_fire_on_release=0
minimize_to_tray=0
move_to_grid=vpip
play_mode=SaT
activate_most_urgent=0
activate_table_under_mouse=1
highlight_active_win=0
move_mouse_to_most_urgent=0
stack_table_at_end_of_hand=1
drag_drop_swap_slots=0
show_table_count_while_running=0
show_session_timer=0
move_888_popups=1
notify_new_tables=1
notify_old_tables=1
notify_keep_in_grid=1
notify_ignore_table=1
notify_move_to_grid=0
notify_end_of_hand=0
notification_duration=3
allow_action_hotkeys_on_ignored_tables=0
click_bet_for_betsize_hotkeys=0
stack_when_clicking_call_or_bet=0
close_bovada_popups=1
focus_betbox=0
[general]
gui_x=845
gui_y=529
last_tab=
is_reloading=0
version=2.67
show_walkthru=0
v=sm
[sites]
number_of_sites=1
included_sites=PokerStarsNova
PokerStarsNova_included_executable_path=H:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars.EU\PokerStars.exe
PokerStarsNova_included_resized_table_width=628
PokerStarsNova_included_resized_table_height=461
PokerStarsNova_included_hole_x_coord=297
PokerStarsNova_included_hole_y_coord=305
PokerStarsNova_included_fold_color=0xb0b62
PokerStarsNova_included_call_color=0xa0b5a
PokerStarsNova_included_bet_color=0xa0a4f
PokerStarsNova_included_table_color_behind_holecard=0x267402
PokerStarsNova_included_flop_x_coord=238
PokerStarsNova_included_flop_y_coord=184
PokerStarsNova_included_table_color_behind_flop=0x194f01
[hotkeys]
number_of_hotkeys=21
hotkey1action=Stack table
hotkey1key=~RButton
hotkey2action=Keep table in grid
hotkey2key=Up
hotkey3action=Stack table
hotkey3key=Down
hotkey4action=External VPIP key
hotkey4key=~MButton
hotkey5action=External VPIP key
hotkey5key=~Numpad5
hotkey6action=External VPIP key
hotkey6key=~Numpad6
hotkey7action=External VPIP key
hotkey7key=~Numpad7
hotkey8action=External VPIP key
hotkey8key=~Numpad8
hotkey9action=External VPIP key
hotkey9key=~NumpadIns
hotkey10action=External VPIP key
hotkey10key=~Enter
hotkey11action=Move table to Next slot
hotkey11key=Right
hotkey12action=Move table to Previous slot
hotkey12key=Left
hotkey13action=External VPIP key
hotkey13key=~NumpadClear
hotkey14action=External VPIP key
hotkey14key=~NumpadRight
hotkey15action=External VPIP key
hotkey15key=~NumpadHome
hotkey16action=External VPIP key
hotkey16key=~NumpadUp
hotkey17action=External VPIP key
hotkey17key=~Numpad0
hotkey18action=External VPIP key
hotkey18key=~XButton2
hotkey19action=External VPIP key
hotkey19key=~XButton1
hotkey20action=Activate most urgent table
hotkey20key=Ctrl
hotkey21action=Ignore table
hotkey21key=NumpadAdd
send_table_under_mouse=1
I just noticed that you already have these two settings in your file:

Quote:engine_delay=800
action_delay=275

You are probably a long time SaT user because those settings used to be configurable from the GUI interface, but I removed them a while ago. So your engine delay is already higher than it needs to be. So search for that line in your config file and change it down to 300 first, and see if that is acceptable. The current default value for the engine delay is 300 milliseconds when using the DWM scan mode. If you need to go further after that, then you can tweak

The engine_delay setting is undocumented but its just like any other of the "extra advanced options"
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/ext...ed-options

It may have been 800 in an older version. Changing it to 300 would give you the current recommended value. You could go even further and try something like 200 or 150. You would still notice a slight delay from the Stars sound notification, but hopefully it will be sufficient for you.

Keep in mind, that SaT is a somewhat intensive program and needs to do a lot of scanning, so if you set this too low, you could run into problems. The delay allows some breathing room for the software to catch up with all of its scanning. I wouldn't recommend setting it lower than 150, because the program may become unreliable. But, your computer is pretty fast, so you can experiment if you want. Definitely try a few sessions on micro stakes or play money first.

You can also try lowering the action_delay setting as well, since what you are using is also higher than the current default value. That setting is described in the link above.

Thank you!

I put both, action and engine delay, to 150 and will do some testing later. It wasn't horrible before. I could still play comfortably without timing out.

With these changes it should be perfect ;-)

Yea that fixed the issue. Now everything is very responsive and the tables pop up immediatley.

Thank you for the awesome support as always ;-)
Cool :thumbsup:
I don't have an engine_delay in my settings anymore, is there a reason for this?

What's the lowest safe value for action_delay do you think?
(08-23-2014, 12:30 AM)epitomised Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have an engine_delay in my settings anymore, is there a reason for this?

If its not present in the file (its never there unless you add it, or unless you used SaT a long long time ago), SaT defaults to 300 with DWM Scan Mode.

Quote:What's the lowest safe value for action_delay do you think?

action_delay isn't as critical, so I wouldn't really call it 'unsafe' to have it too low. You would simply notice that tables pop back out into grid unexpectedly, usually when you would click Fold with your mouse or using a 'Fold+Stack' hotkey. You could experiment with this at 0 and see how your poker sites respond. Simply try to Fold+Stack a table and see if it immediately pops back into grid. If it does, in this case its simply because the pokersite hadn't yet removed the Fold button graphics, and SaT did another scan and still found it visible. The default value of 150 is sort of a catch-all, because remember SaT needs to work reliably across all sites. Its impossible to give an exact value because it will also depend on your computer. The only advantage to setting it lower that you would notice would be that you would notice your Fold+Stack hotkey would be quicker sending the table back to the stack.