StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Lost a lot of equity thanks to SaT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Mad1Lee

So using it for 2 months. Multitabling on 3 sites. Setup was a royal pain in the ass, but I managed to do it, took me quite a few tries to get Party, Pokerstars and 888 working together. I have Windows 8, home premium edition (legit).

Suddenly it starts to skip one of the partypoker tables. Just for no reason. Ignores it, but table counter sees it. It just doesn't pop up when action is required. Well, manageable.

Today it was a disaster. It stopped working midsession. Just stopped. I tried reloading it, updating it, tweaking advanced options, checked my license (it says "full version"), but nothing helps. It sees all the tables, table counter is working, but it switches to wrong tables all the time. It stopped noticing even pokerstars tables.

So result was 15 tabling massive disaster, with constant time outs. And no, I can't freaking reinclude sites in the middle of a session. Just horrible, dude, how can you charge poker players so freaking much (monthly payments) and make this kind of product.

Fix it, please. Because today it costed me much more than your rate per month.

Mad1Lee

With 4 tables left (thanks to that major bugging out), reincluded all sites. It seems to work (3 tables now), but I am not sure it will with 15 tables. Still don't know what was (or still is) wrong.
Fix what? How can I know what to fix before we've even identified the problem?

It sounds like you are unhappy with the product, and were unhappy right from the start. If you do not think the program provides you the value that you pay for, then you probably shouldn't use it. I'm sorry to say that, because I want customers to be happy and satisfied. Of course, if you are truly willing to try to find the problems and get them resolved, then I will help you as much as I can.

If its working now that you've re-included the sites, then thats a good sign. I cannot tell you if it will start to mess up again when you increase the tables. Perhaps its a problem with your computer, maybe it cannot handle the volume. Or perhaps a configuration problem. Or maybe SaT has bugs that I haven't fixed. My suggestion is to use Play Money, start with a few tables and slowly keep increasing the tables and making sure that it works as you expect. When something doesn't work as you expect, notice what happened and try to reproduce the issue. If I can reproduce it, then I can fix it.

Its very strange that SaT would simply stop detecting tables altogether. If the tables are still showing in the counters, then I would think things should work. Did SaT's hotkeys still work on these tables? How are you using SaT? What are your layout settings?

And if you have suggestions on how I can make the setup easier, I will definitely hear them and take them into consideration. This type of software does require a bit of configuration and I would want it to be as easy as I can make it for the end users.

If the program starts to malfunction, you should immediately stop using it. In the future, simply turn off SaT, tile all your tables, and turn on each site's own "pop up tables when action required" option.

Mad1Lee

I might come off as little angry and rude, I am sorry.

But if you ever played poker professionaly, you know how stressful it is. I don't tilt from poker itself, but when something not poker related like interent/phone/computer/software etc. starts causing problems, I get from calm to mad very quickly (I think all poker players lose their shit in this kind of situations).

And there is no alternative to your product, really, you are practically a monopolist, but I hope you are not taking too much advantage of this situations. Because pros like me need this kind of software, and although I always rant about its price and everything, I am not about to stop paying for it and refuse using it.

I have an absolutely new machine (8 cores i8, 16gb ram, SSD drive), legal Windows 8 home premium, working antivirus, it literally chews thru any poker software and I don't have any problems with performance. I have HM2, no additional plug-ins.

I didn't make any hotkeys. I have "activate when action required" in advanced settings, I don't use stacking, I tiled tables manually. Scan mode "DMW", aero theme in Windows. I resized all tables to bigger sizes, because 888 seemed to have problems with that.

Problems starts with one party poker table, it's usually a rebuy one (I don't know if it's a coincidence, or it matters).

Okay, so I will copy my sat settings here

[settings]
table_width=816
table_height=589
total_slots=16
slot1x=0
slot1y=0
slot2x=0
slot2y=337
slot3x=0
slot3y=571
slot4x=1104
slot4y=0
stack_slot=0
newtables_slot=grid
move_to_grid=never
oldtables_duration=15
oldtables_slot=0
scan_mode=DWM
play_mode=tile
slot5x=1104
slot5y=571
slot6x=529
slot6y=571
slot7x=529
slot7y=0
slot8x=969
slot8y=483
slot9x=173
slot9y=571
slot10x=969
slot10y=51
slot11x=529
slot11y=213
slot12x=529
slot12y=489
activate_most_urgent=1
activate_table_under_mouse=0
highlight_active_win=1
move_mouse_to_most_urgent=0
left_click_detection=1
stack_when_clicking_call_or_bet=0
stack_table_at_end_of_hand=0
drag_drop_swap_slots=1
minimize_to_tray=0
show_table_count_while_running=1
show_session_timer=0
move_888_popups=1
close_bovada_popups=1
notify_new_tables=1
notify_old_tables=1
notify_keep_in_grid=1
notify_ignore_table=1
notify_move_to_grid=0
notify_end_of_hand=0
notification_duration=3
hotkeys_fire_on_release=0
allow_action_hotkeys_on_ignored_tables=0
click_bet_for_betsize_hotkeys=0
focus_betbox=0
table_count_gui_x=1166
table_count_gui_y=457
slot13x=509
slot13y=200
slot14x=509
slot14y=462
slot15x=989
slot15y=571
slot16x=173
slot16y=0
also_keep_in_grid_when_move_to_slot_x=0
[general]
show_walkthru=0
gui_x=732
gui_y=353
last_tab=
is_reloading=0
version=2.70
v=fu
[sites]
number_of_sites=3
included_sites=PokerStarsBlack,888PacificPoker,PartyPokerModern
PokerStarsBlack_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars\PokerStars.exe
PokerStarsBlack_included_resized_table_width=815
PokerStarsBlack_included_resized_table_height=589
PokerStarsBlack_included_fold_color=0x20250
PokerStarsBlack_included_call_color=0x20354
PokerStarsBlack_included_bet_color=0x3036e
888PacificPoker_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PacificPoker\bin\poker.exe
888PacificPoker_included_resized_table_width=816
888PacificPoker_included_resized_table_height=589
888PacificPoker_included_fold_color=0xc97b05
888PacificPoker_included_call_color=0xda59
888PacificPoker_included_bet_color=0x782ff
PartyPokerModern_included_executable_path=C:\Programs\PartyGaming\PartyGaming.exe
PartyPokerModern_included_resized_table_width=816
PartyPokerModern_included_resized_table_height=577
PartyPokerModern_included_fold_color=0x515151
PartyPokerModern_included_call_color=0x515151
PartyPokerModern_included_bet_color=0x5b5b5b
[hotkeys]
number_of_hotkeys=0
send_table_under_mouse=1

I hope you can help me. I will start testing again soon and I will report here about my results. If you have any suggestions already, please tell.

Mad1Lee

It worked today. I still don't know what happened last time and if it's going to happen again.
Oh man. I don't know what happened. I replied to your post a few days ago, but it must not have gone through. Geez I typed up a long response. I'll have to do it again. Sorry about that.
(09-19-2014, 04:44 PM)Mad1Lee Wrote: [ -> ]I might come off as little angry and rude, I am sorry.

But if you ever played poker professionaly, you know how stressful it is. I don't tilt from poker itself, but when something not poker related like interent/phone/computer/software etc. starts causing problems, I get from calm to mad very quickly (I think all poker players lose their shit in this kind of situations).

I do play poker professionally, although lately only live when a big PLO game gets put together. Its too tough to play online in the U.S. that I can't be bothered. I used to play mid-high stakes online so yes I relate when technology messes up. For example, connection issues in big hands were a huge pain. I can tilt with the best of them, so I do understand.

Quote:I have an absolutely new machine (8 cores i8, 16gb ram, SSD drive), legal Windows 8 home premium, working antivirus, it literally chews thru any poker software and I don't have any problems with performance. I have HM2, no additional plug-ins.

Ok then we can rule that out.

Quote:I resized all tables to bigger sizes, because 888 seemed to have problems with that.

888 sometimes poses a problem because of its buttons. SaT looks for the color of the Fold button to determine if action is required. On 888, the buttons are black, with only a small sliver of color near the bottom of the buttons. When the tables are small, the color shrinks even more. So it was a good idea to enlarge the grid slot size.

Quote:Problems starts with one party poker table, it's usually a rebuy one (I don't know if it's a coincidence, or it matters).

First, just to clarify, when you say "problem starts", do you mean that the tables don't get detected as requiring action? While they still show up in the table count #s?

But every piece of information can potentially help. For example here, you mentioning a Party rebuy table reminds me of this thread, where a user said that SaT was clicking on the 'rebuy' button causing a popup to appear. However, in my testing, I couldn't reproduce this, and the user doesn't seem to respond anymore. Do you get this behavior?
http://www.stackandtile.com/forum/showth...hp?tid=830

Quote:I hope you can help me. I will start testing again soon and I will report here about my results. If you have any suggestions already, please tell.

Your settings look good. Usually with this type of problem, of tables not popping up, or being incorrectly detected as needing action, I ask the users to run the Test described here:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...stay-stack

Please try that out for each site that you play on. I know that you use tile only mode, but SaT uses the same internal mechanism for detecting when its your turn to act across all modes. This test is an easy way to verify that its working correctly.

Mad1Lee

So my 888 and overall table size settings look good, we can rule that out.

"Problem starts" - that means one of the party tables stops popping up when action is required there. Sat sees it, table counter sees it, but it doesn't move focus to it when action is required. Today I didn't have that problem, but I played 2 party tables at a time.

I do not have problem, described by user "Felix" in that link.

I will run test from that link and report back.

Mad1Lee

And I am back. Same thing happened today. I don't know what's wrong, maybe Sat decides to act up on Thursday?

I had to switch pokerstars into focus mode to be able to play somehow.

If you can, add me in skype (same name), I can show you what is happening live.

Mad1Lee

After I reincluded sites on the break yet again, everything started working again. But man, can you do something about? I hate to see AA and KK getting herofolded pre.
Pages: 1 2